Conference Championship Hype

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by Philstyle3005, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Oregon St. has been there before, but has yet to walk away with a Conference Title. Colorado, in it's 4th season in the PAC 12, and 2nd full season under their new coach, has never been in the Pac 12 Championship. One thing is for sure, the PAC 12 will have a new champion this year, since the last 3 seasons, UCLA has dominated and won the Championship each season. Oregon St. is battling for a National Championship bid, as they are the #1 team in the country, and still undefeated. Colorado is fighting for a Rose Bowl birth, losing 2 of it's last 3 has dropped them to the #7 spot in the BCS standings since those losses were to the #1 and #2 team in the country at the time. These two also met in Week 13, a 1 point win for the Oregon St. Beavers without their starting running back, Craig Jackson. The facts from that game were Oregon St. had 3 80+ yard plays for TDs and added a field goal for their 24 points. Colorado had to take several field goals, and never had a touchdown that went over 35 yards. Even though Craig Jackson was hurt for the game, back up running back showed he had the same type of breakaway speed for the Beavers and rushed for a game high 205 yards, and had 2 touchdowns. Colorado had a chance to take the lead late, but missed a field goal with about 16 seconds left, and Oregon St. got out of there with the big victory.

Keys to the game:
    Oregon St:
    1. Get Craig Jackson going, early and often.
    2. Do not get put in 3rd and long positions and make Wheatley have to get you out of trouble. 3 interceptions the last time these two played, cannot afford to make mistakes.
    3. Defensively, do not let Tony Jones beat you. Held him to 37 yards in the first game, going to need much of the same this time around.
    Colorado:
    1. STOP THE RUNNING GAME. Rather it's Jackson or Agnew, make them drive down the field.
    2. Get Tony Jones going. Nick Hirschman was forced to throw the ball 26 times last game, and even though he played great, that's not what the Buffaloes want.
    3. Don't turn the ball over. Don't force the defense to do more than they have to by giving the Beavers offense short field to work with.

This Pac 12 Championship should be a great game to watch. The first time these two got together, it was a great game to watch. Last season, it was another great game. Expect nothing less than a close game between these two. If Oregon St. wins, it will be an all PAC 12 National Championship. If Colorado wins, that could mean 3 teams in the PAC 12 will get BCS bids.

• Like Like x 1
  2. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

This is really going to be a great game - a rematch of a regular season game where OSU snuck away by a point winning 24-23.

As mentioned above, some new blood will be hoisting the coveted Pac-12 Championship. Regardless of regard, simply being in this game is VERY impressive. The majority of the season there were 5-6 PAC-12 teams in the top 15, and sometimes 3-4 in the Top 5!!! Congrats to both Coach Philstyle3005 and Coach MNoffke for their efforts and successes.

It's really a coin flip who wins IMO. Turnovers & simply playing better will be the key as always in these close match-ups. Craig Jackson being healthy this time around could be the tipping point, but I'm confident CU will have a solid game-plan to stop the run.

Really wish we could watch live, but I'll settle for score watching! Good luck to both squads.

3. IrishBearcat

CCG is here fellas! Some1 text me when you guys kickoff.

4. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

I'll let you know. Trying to set up a game time.

5. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

GG philly. after u went up 14-0 i figured the game was over but i battled right back to tie it up. Missed tackles hurt me on what should have been several sacks. I didnt even have things set to aggressive.

6. MNoffke

MNoffke Walk On

12-1 isnt so bad after i figured this team would win maybe 7 or 8 games.

7. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Colorado 24
    Oregon St. 21

Colorado pulls out a close game, and wins their first Pac 12 Championship. The game started with a few punts traded, Colorado had dropped a few interceptions, but the coaching staff told the kids to just keep battling, something would happen. Colorado found the end zone first going up 7-0 on a 28 yard pass to Tony Jones who found himself open after running an angle route out of the backfield and leaving the LB in the dust on the turn. Oregon St. would then take up the majority of the quarter after that, and get in the red zone with just 30 seconds left. That's when it happened, the kids kept battling and picked off a pass that was thrown in the middle of the field and taken all the way back for a touchdown. But then, the kickoff would be returned for a touchdown, to make the score 14-7 going into the half. The Colorado coaching staff thought about squibbing it, and in hindsight, it would have been the better call. To open up the 2nd half, Colorado was faced with a 4th and short at around midfield and decided to punt. Oregon St. would take their opening drive of the 2nd half and eat up almost all of the clock, and score with 57 seconds left on a run by the back up running back to tie the game up. Colorado would waste no time, and end up hitting Nick Spruce for a 42 yard touchdown pass to put the lead at 21-14 to go into the 4th quarter. Oregon St. would eat a lot of clock, but eventually would throw it's 2nd pick of the game and Colorado would take it back to around it's own 40 yard line. They got inside the 10 yard line, but couldn't punch it in and settled for a field gaol with only 1:40 left to give them a 2 possession lead. Oregon St. would go down, and punch it in with 17 seconds remaining. A 3 point lead, only 2 time outs remaining, so the onside was coming. It was kicked and the Colorado player moved his end guy out of the way instead of trying to catch the ball to let it go out of bounds, and would kneel the ball from that point on. Colorado only had 7 incompletions on the day and had zero turnovers. The Buffaloes finish the regular season at 11-2 and have locked themselves up a Rose Bowl bid and possibly a top 5 finish if they can win their bowl game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. IrishBearcat

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    CONGRATS TO COLORADO: PAC-12 CHAMPIONS
    [​IMG]