Conference Championship - Season 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Aug 15, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Conference Championship - Season 1

Yep, I advanced through week 15..

ACC - Virginia vs Clemson
    SEC - LSU vs Georgia

--advance Tuesday--

2. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Lets go Cemson!! lol sorry Ike

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Riptides, I'm free the rest of today until midnight EST.

4. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

so no recruiting for week 15? WTF I had guys scheduled to come for visits I am so far behind in recruiting??? this is fucking turning into a debacle!!!! Sorry but I am fucking pissed twice this weekend I have been skipped while I sit by and wait. Its Ikes fault hey murk stick that Jazz up your ass!!!!

5. sreese

sreese Walk On

ike i can play anytime tonight. just give me a time to meet you. ill pm you my phone number in case im off line.

6. sreese

sreese Walk On

Heres where my grip for the season goes. The fucking coaches poll is a joke! You assholes stop letting your water boy and your wife send in your votes. How the hell are all the team that lost later in the season to me ranked ahead of me, Garbage Pail Kids type shit!!!!! I even beat fsu and still never got ranked ahead of them in the coaches poll!! We are not happy here at clemson.

7. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I feel ya reese. I lost the 1st game of the season yet All the other 1 loss teams are ahead of me.

8. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I get a vote? Shit, where is that waterboy... :D

9. sreese

sreese Walk On

Hell im starting to wonder if we win the conference championships will we still be below them. Horseshit i say!!! Horseshit!

10. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

This may seem insignificant to you guys but I just got jumped by two schools on two guys that I have been recruiting all year. Why did we skip week 15? Why did we not just wait 24 hrs to recruit? At 8-4 all I get to look forward to is recruiting and the Meinike Car Care Bowl..Jesus give a man a break

11. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    We don't control advances, commish does, take it up with him buddy. ;)

12. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Wait, did we really skip week 15 recruiting?? if so, that sucks, I had a QB that i lost out on, probably because I skipped a week of phone calls

13. sreese

sreese Walk On

Understand your pain york. i lost a guy too. But im sure there will be plenty of offseason guys, atleast i hope. lol.

IKKKEEEE!!!! Where the hell are you! You caused this mess now your no where to be found!!! Just playing, but i do wanna play damnit

14. sreese

sreese Walk On

Gonna try and wait up a little longer but if i fall out, sorry. leave me a time you can play tomorrow the earlier the better but anytime is good for me.

15. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Georgia escapes with a 24-21 win over LSU thanks to an INT in the endzone by MLB Akeem Dent. This was a tough battle. Logan Gray crapped his pants and ended up getting benched after overthrowing a wide open man for what would have been a sure TD. Insert Aaron Murray who proceeded to throw a pick on his first play (terrible read by me). Murray would redeem himself going 7-8 the rest of the way with two TD tosses to A.J. Green who probably locked up the Heisman with his performance in the game. Green finished with 6 receptions for 122 yds and 2 TD.

The Bulldogs finished the regular season winning 12 games in a row. According to the bowl projections it looks like we're slated to play FSU in the Sugar Bowl.

16. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Im free allllll day today, reese just say when. My bad about last night, i was at six flags trying to have a life outside of video games. I know silly me right. Just hit me up, ill be here

17. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

2010 NCAA ACC Conference Champion Virginia Cavaliers!!!

[​IMG]

It was a fantastic game. I was very tense, due the large talent gap between Clemson and Virginia. He had me scared to run plays, my offensive line could not keep up with is defensive front 4. Let alone when they blitzed.

The game started out with Virginia getting the ball first. A 10+ play drive led to the opening score of the game. A 2 yard run up the gut gave the Cavs their first lead of the game. On Clemson's first possession, Kyle saw the Cavs with 8 in the box and let one fly. A 59 yard pass to Jones put Clemson in great shape. But after two runs and a incomplete pass, the Cavs came away holding Clemson to only three points.

After some defensive stops, and interceptions by Clemson, Virginia added to their lead when Parker looked to the flats to find his check down receiver, but Parker mistakenly put a bit too much air under the pass and let Sophomore Tucker Windle nab a pick 6. Clemson now down 14-3 had some ground to make up, and wanted to do it through the air. Unfortunately for their young QB, he threw another interception with around 2 minutes left in the half. Freshman sensation Michael Strauss, then led the Cavs down the field. Some aggressive clock management put the Cavs inside of Clemson's 1 with 8 seconds and 1 TO left. Coach Thomas Jefferson decides to try a fade route on play one, failed. QB sneak on play 2, failed. Now third down, 1 inch to go and no TO's. The coach decides to go for it. A off tackle to the weak side and Mack gets in with 3 seconds left in the half and Virginia going to to half-time with one of the most unlikely scorelines that could have been thought of.

The second half started with Clemson scoring first as they came out with guns blazing. Parker hit Xavier Dye on a 53 yard pass right up the middle of the field. The Safety on the play was positioned just right, and even swatted the ball, but the concentration from Dye won out and it was 7. A lot of back and forth in the third with Virginia doing every thing they could not to blow the lead they had built up. Some conservative play calling from coach T.J., and all the Cavs could gather was a FG to end the third quarter.

The fourth and crucial quarter was here, and it started out with Parker throwing his third interception of the day on a hook route. It was played well and jumped nicely by a DB who had been getting torched all day. But as the Cavs went on offense and tried to put the game away, Strauss was sacked. Third and long and draw was called to settle for 3 more. 27-10 UVA with 6:30 minutes to go in the game. Clemson realizing the score, and who they were, marched down the field on a series of pass plays that ended it a 5 yd TD pass leaving 5 minutes on the clock. Next, a three and out for the Cavs. Clemson got the ball back, and was able to score again making it 27-24 with 3 minutes to go in the game. The ball was back in the freshman's hands, on the first play of the drive, took matters into his own hands. After seeing a 3 man rush, and man coverage swallowing his WR's, he only had to beat the LB for a large gain. He did so, and a 32 yard rush put his team at midfield. From there, the Virginia offensive line was able to hold up for 4 more running plays, getting 1 more first down, and calling it day.

It wasn't easy, but the Cavs have prevailed. A truly magical season where they were the underdog for many more games that they were favorites. Their first ACC Conference Championship since 1995 and and only third Conference title total.

18. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

This shit better be flipped when I get home you here me JAZZ HANDS!!!!!

19. sreese

sreese Walk On

LOL!! Jazz Fingers too?

20. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

ALL that jazz.

21. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'm gonna skip week 15 every year, we did that a few times last year.

Fuck man, all I hear is advance advance advance.

btw, keep this thread for scheduling games only.