Conference Championship Week 2013

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Congrats to those that won their divisions. Post your predictions below!

2. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Good luck gentlemen

3. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

B1G: 35-24 OSU
    SEC: 24-28 Bama
    PAC: 28-42 Ore

4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Want to congratulate ssuwr86 for winning the B1G title in what was the best game of NCAA i've ever been a part of. Game story coming when I get the time to recap this one with justice...what a game.

5. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

Execellent game by 2 great coaches.. Coach spayer has an offense that is just unstoppable. I'm still amazed at the game. It's a blessing to be apart of a league with coaches at this level.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

The B1G is just crazy tough, all users are great players. You didn't get a chance to play Glen Cieske this year, but Glen and I had a few games last year that rivaled ours today. With you and him in one division starting next year, and Jbek and I in the other, it's going to be a grind just getting to the B1G title

• Like Like x 1
  7. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

When are we advancing?

8. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Waiting on H22APWRD94 to play the SEC game. He said he might have to wait until tomorrow night, but hopefully we can get it in sooner

9. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Bowl Projections have:

Capital One Bowl - Wisconsin v Arkansas

Outback Bowl - Florida v Penn State

Rose Bowl - Nebraska v Oregon

BCS - tOSU v Alabama

But the loss by Spayer419 could shake things up a little

10. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I'm definitely out of the championship picture, but let's speculate...

If Bama beats Florida...

Capital One - Wisconsin v Arkansas

Outback Bowl - Florida v Penn State

Sugar Bowl? - Ohio State v Texas A&M?

Rose Bowl - Nebraska v USC?

BCS - Oregon v Bama

I don't even want to start speculating what will happen if Florida beats Alabama :inpain:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

Man, a Florida win would really throw this into a scramble for the NC game. If Florida wins, I'm thinking Nebraska will jump all the way back to #2 and will face Oregon in the title game.

12. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I could actually see a scenario where a 3-loss Florida team jumps in to the title game.

13. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Am I crazy for wanting the Cotton instead of the Cap One bowl? I think they're projecting UGA for that one, but I would think my resume would be better for Cotton.

14. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

Well, in other news.. Anyone have any idea where Stanford and Florida will end up?

15. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

BUCKS FALL IN B1G TITLE GAME FOR THE AGES

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Heading into halftime with a 17-7 lead, Ohio State was two quarters away from a B1G championship and a trip to the national title. But as the OSU faithful prematurely booked reservations for Pasadena, Nebraska had other plans. Just a week after seeing their own perfect season come to an end, the Huskers refused to give another one away.

On the opening drive of the second half, Taylor Martinez hit Kenny Bell for a 77-yard touchdown. Bell burnt Doran Grant's press coverage on the play, then dodged or ran over at least three other Buckeye defenders on his way into the endzone. The Buckeyes went 3-and-out on their ensuing possession, as Rod Smith failed to pick up a first down on a 3rd-and-on. Smith was starting for a second consecutive game in place of Carlos Hyde and Bri'onte Dunn, who are both injured for the season, and his inability to pick up a tough yard in that situation foreshadowed the doom to come for Ohio State later on.

With the momentum turning toward the Husker's side, Nebraska mounted a 19-play, 6-minute drive to take its first lead of the ballgame. The scoring effort was sparked by a gutsy call by ssuwr86, who elected to try a 4-and-9 rather than punt from OSU's 40-yard-line. The gamble paid off, as Martinez' pass just made it over the outstretched arms of a diving Eli Apple to keep the drive alive. The Huskers' eventual score came with 6:02 left in regulation to take a 21-17 advantage.

The Buckeyes' mounted an almost equally impressive drive, but Nebraska's defense held strong in the redzone to force a fourth-and-five. Although he only had two timeouts left and a defense that was gassed, coach Speyer elected to play it safe and try the field goal. With 3:00 remaining Nebraska had an opportunity to run the clock out and end the game, but the Silver Bullets came up huge with a 3-and-out. The third-down stop came on a third-and-eight, as Ryan Shazier stood up Amir Abdullah on a pass over the middle short of the first down.

Things continued to look up for OSU as Philly Brown took the ensuing punt 62 yards down to the Nebraska 12. But the Husker defense slammed the Buckeye attack backwards on first and second down, forcing a third-and-fifteen for the Scarlet and Grey. Sensing his team needed a touchdown to secure the victory, Speyer had Braxton Miller throw for the first down. The Heisman-hopeful didn't disappoint, as he zipped a 16-yard touchdown strike to Evan Spencer. OSU converted the two point conversion for a 28-21 lead.

They say in football the only thing a prevent defense does in prevent winning. This idiom held true on Nebraska's game-tying drive, as the Huskers sliced through a passive Buckeye secondary. With the game tied at 28-28, 50 second left and no timeouts, Miller led the Buckeyes down field on a Heisman-worthy drive. But it was all for naught as kicker Drew Basil pushed a 47-yard game-winning attempt to the right. Overtime.

Ohio State took the ball in the first frame of overtime, and again moved the ball toward the endzone. But with first and goal from the Nebraska four-yard line, the Buckeyes inability to run up the middle with a tailback surfaced once again. On three plays the vaunted OSU offense managed just three yards. With fourth-and-goal from the one-yard line, Speyer elected to roll the dice. Trips right with Devin Smith flanked out left, spacing play. Miller's first read was Smith on a slant, but the receiver was stood up at the line. As Miller eyed his next target, a wide open Philly Brown, he was hit from behind. Braxton managed to get the throw off, but the accuracy wasn't there, and neither was OSU's touchdown. Nebraska then ran the ball three times and kicked an easy field goal to steal the game.

In a season where the mentality was Championship or bust, it's very disappointing to not even capture the conference crown. The Buckeyes will look to finish the season strong, hopefully in a BCS game.

16. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

Great write up man. That game was nothing short of spectacular. It is my hope that it becomes a program changing win for us and gives us momentum going into the bowl game and next season.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Should basically lock up getting you to six star prestige if you can manage a bowl win