Conference Championship Week (2014)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by sonn, Feb 8, 2012.

1. sonn

sonn Walk On

Defense and Freeman dominate in big Seminoles win​
    FSU running back Devonta Freeman is still suffering the lingering back injury he suffered from when the last 2 times this 2 rivals met but from seeing his performance today you would think he's 100% healthy. Freeman added 154 yards on the ground with 3 touchdowns and his lone reception of the game went 47 yards for a touchdown. QB Jacob Coker didn't have to throw much and outside of one pass where he missed an open receiver down the field he was effective going 6/12 for 192 yards and 2 touchdowns.​
    The Florida State defense was just as dominate today making a normally dangerous Ryan Williams look average as he went 11/33 with 4 interceptions and just 164 yards of total offense. ​
    GG Bucs

2. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Alabama gets revenge in the SEC title game as Alabama defeats Georgia 14-10
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. jandy

jandy Walk On

#14 TCU 10​
    #3 Oklahoma 42​
    Big 12 CG yr 4.PNG
    Oklahoma's defense led them to victory in this one, forcing 4 turnovers and holding TCU to 1-11 on third down. FS James Haynes pulled in 3 INT of his own and added 5 tackles, winning MVP honors. ​
    Following a 15-yard run to TCU FB Jeff Weber, OU found themselves trailing 7-0 late in the first quarter. On the last play of the first, CB Nick Patterson intercepted a Trevone Boykin pass in the flats and took it 15 yards to the house. The Sooners used this momentum to lead them on a 21-point surge in the second quarter and led 28-7 at halftime. Oklahoma outscored TCU 14-3 in the second half, and repeated as Big 12 Champs.​
    GG Selvy9
    Key performers:​
    QB Blake Bell - 16/23, 202 yards, 4 TD, INT​
    HB Brandon Williams - 19 carries, 117 yards, TD​
    WR Sheldon McClain - 4 rec, 64 yards, 2 TD​
    FS James Haynes - 5 TKLS, 3 INT​

4. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

GG. That pick 6 at the end of the 1st killed me. I was planning on just letting the quarter end and changed my mind at the last second and rushed a bad decision. That still image you uploaded makes Patterson look like a wide open WR, lol. I think the next play after I threw another INT which led to your 2nd TD too. The first 7:59 of the game was good though :rolleyes: lol

5. jandy

jandy Walk On

Yeah it was just one of those games where my guys pretty much caught every INT opportunity. I'm glad we were able to get the game in though, it's always a good time playing another user. I look forward to our match-up next year