Conference Championship Week: Season 4

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Per usual, congrats to those who made it on a great season, and to everyone as we begin wrap up what was an exciting and well-paced season 4. I think season 5 will have even more intrigue in store as we reintroduce cross-over rivalries, and begin to play with fully-recruited teams.

I just accepted a job in Chicago, so right now is a bit of a transition period for me with a move to a new city and such. As a result I'm taking a big step away from TSO, leaving my NBA league and basically my FIFA league. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to continue on with Chompions League and am committed to making an effort to do so.

For now, jandy will be taking over as commissioner of the league. Any inquiries about league rules or problems with another user, please bring them to me and as always there will be a discussion involving Jandy and cyhiphopp. For everything else, namely advancing the week, spearheading content and getting on people with deadlines, those will be Jandy's duties for now. As always, I'm a good resource for gameplay tips and other user's phone numbers -- but honestly guys, start saving those yourself ... you play the same damn people every year!

TLDR: Congrats, good luck, Jandy is temp commissioner, save opponents numbers, excited for season 5 and beyond.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Congrats on the new job Spayer419. When do you want to play cyhiphopp? I think I should be free just about anytime tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Where in Chicago are you moving too? Regardless you're about 45min-1hr away from where I live

4. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Damn, coming to my town...im out

5. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Lakeview, working in the west loop

6. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

Cool. Awesome city

• Like Like x 1
  7. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Aggies pull out a squeaker at the buzzer!
    It's all about momentum and Arkansas had it all to start the game. The Razorbacks were hitting on all cylinders. Thunder Collins was picking up big chunks and Scott was perfect early on. On the other side of the ball Matt Davis was cold as ice to start the game. 1 for 6 out of the gate with only one of those incompletions caused by tight coverage. The rest were open receivers with the ball just sailing on him. Arkansas played tough run D as well limiting James White all game.

Arkansas clearly won the first quarter, but the second quarter belonged to the Aggies. Arkansas missed a mid range field goal setting A&M up with decent field position. This resulted in solid drive capped by a TD pass to Senior wideout Willie Jenkins on a nice catch and run over the middle. With under 2 minutes remaining Arkansas tried to go deep but was picked off by strong safety Bracken. A&M would drive down with Jenkins taking it down for a first and goal from the 3. Arkansas stood strong on first and second down. A&M tried to get cute on third down and was picked off on the goal line, squandering one of their very few scoring opportunities. 7-7 at half.

Arkansas continued to drive and milk the clock in the third scoring another relatively easy TD. A&M would answer early in the 4th, again through the air. Arkansas took over with 6:19 left in the 4th. They led a methodical drive, draining almost the entire final quarter. They drove down and got a first and goal inside the 5 with over 2 minutes left. If the Aggies had let them score they would have a lot more time to work down the field for a tying score, but instead they played D. Thunder Collins, who was a complete workhorse on the drive had to leave the game during the last few plays after taking a hard hit. On third down, the Razorbacks attempted a screen pass to backup HB Brink, which was stopped just short of the goal line but Arkansas was able to drain the clock down to 40 before kicking the go ahead field goal.

With 37 seconds left, and 3 timeouts, Senior Matt Davis had to step up. He hit 4 straight big passes and nailed Jenkins again for the game winning TD.

Arkansas dominated time of possession but Matt Davis' redemption at the end of the game was enough to win.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

THE RETURN OF THE KINGS
    LED BY A TENACIOUS DEFENSIVE LINE, OHIO STATE HAS RECLAIMED THE BIG TEN CROWN

[​IMG]
    Ray Sutton has a knack for making Wisconsin fans cringe. Three years ago, when the talented defensive end prospect donned a Buckeye cap in favor of one sporting a 'W', the Wisconsin faithful had to cope with losing out on its most coveted target. On Saturday those same fans watched in agony as the junior Buckeye spearheaded the Silver Bullets in stifling the Badgers' vaunted run game to capture Ohio State's second Big Ten title in three years.

Sutton was a menace off the edge all evening, recording two sacks while constantly pressuring opposing quarterback Bart Houston, and even dropping into coverage from time to time. Ohio State's other standout bookend, Joey Bosa, also had a fantastic game, recording back-to-back sacks in the fourth quarter to force Wisconsin into a fourth-and-32 from the 34 yardline, which haltered Bucky's comeback effort.

With the win, the city of Columbus will now have to sit and wait to see where the Buckeyes will be playing this January. The prevailing thought is that OSU, having upended #1 Wisconsin, and previously #4 Arkansas and #9 Michigan has done enough to earn a spot in this year's national title game. If Oregon wins the Pac 12 title, then a rematch of the 2014 national championship could be on in the Superdome this winter. But a Ducks win could also push Ohio State out, as #3 Texas A&M remains undefeated and a deserving contender for this year's crown.

"I think this is a better team than the one we won it with in '14," said quarterback J.T. Barrett. "But we'll have to just wait in see what the polls say. We've done our part. 13-0. Big Ten champions. Wins against some really quality opponents. That should be enough, but you never know."

Notables
    QB JT Barrett -- 14-for-18, 179 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
    HB Ezekiel Elliot -- 13 carries for 135 yards
    WR Daquel Newell -- 6 receptions for 110 yards, 1 TD
    DE Ray Sutton -- 4 tackles, 2 sacks

• Like Like x 1
  9. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

When's OU vs UO going down?

10. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Tomorrow night

11. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I have a particular rooting interest in that one. It's not often that I root for the Sooners.

• Like Like x 2
  12. jandy

jandy Walk On

With 2 one-loss teams in last year's NC, it would be pretty wild if 3 teams made it to bowl season undefeated this year. Even if I don't make the NC, I still want that PAC14 title!

13. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

As do the boys in Norman, expect a battle.

14. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

BOOMER!

(Ok, that made me feel dirty)

15. jandy

jandy Walk On

carolinaeasy Just to confirm, we're still on for 10:30 EST tonight?

16. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Yeah give our take a few mi s

• Like Like x 2