Conference Championships (2012)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

2. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

Damnit i wanna play gmoney tonight before my damm xbox live expire

3. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

In light of conference championship week, I'd like to make a proposal for next season. Shoot me down if ya'all like, but just want to throw it out there. It just seems a little bit 'unfair' that a few of the conferences have conference championship games while a few do not. I really like having them, but it is a lot harder for those of us with them to get through a season than it is for those that do not. I would really like to see us bring the other user conferences to 12 teams so everybody is in the same boat, it would add a lot of excitement to the end of the season and basically turn it into a crazy playoff at the end. I know that can create other problems, but there are enough teams that could realistically be added to the Big XII and Big East to make it happen. I don't have a problem with keeping it as is, just think it would be more fair and fun to give everybody a shot at a title game.

I'd probably propose adding Boise State and BYU to the Big XII. The Big East is a little more of a dilemma, because I'd want to keep it as geographically logical as possible, but that doesn't seem to be a big concern for them at this point in real life either, so maybe it's not an issue. The teams I'd probably put there would come out of this group, FIU (Florida fits well, 10-2 this year), Navy (bad season, but in Maryland fits), Indiana, Toledo. If we wanted to make it a tougher conference, I'd pull Houston and Tulsa out of the C-USA even though it's geographically wonky.

Anyway, I'm probably just being too crazy as I try to run out the clock today, but interested to see what guys think. Again, if this is off base, not a big deal, just think it would put everybody on a lot more level playing field.

4. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I don't care on this either way.

There are pros and cons for both teams.

For example, I won't have a shot at winning my conference despite just the one loss. Droid could very well get leapfrogged by Oregon if they beat USC.

I will set up a poll for this.

5. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Michigan knocks off #7 Notre Dame in the B1G 10 Championship game 42-27

After losing to Notre Dame earlier in the season, Michigan redeemed themselves by winning the rematch and will head to the Rose Bowl!

The B1G 10 Championship game opened up with a couple three and outs by both teams but then Michigan strung together a solid drive near the end of the first quarter. Denard Robinson capped off the long drive with a 12-yard TD run on the speed option---that run would be his longest of the game.

Right after Michigan scored the Fighting Irish took the ball down the field quickly, but on 3rd and short ND QB Tommy Rees threw a quick pass in the flat and Michigan CB JT Floyd picked it off and ran 67 yards for the TD to put Michigan up 14-0. ND QB Tommy Rees quickly forgot about that interception and drove his team down the field for a quick score, finsihing the drive with a 10-yard TD throw to WR TJ Jones. Michigan was forced to punt on their next possession and Notre Dame capitalized with another quick drive. On 3rd down Michigan came up with a big stop to force the Irish into a field goal, bringing the game to 14-10 going into the half.

The third quarter was a defensive struggle with both teams being forced into multiple punts, but after Notre Dame missed a field goal the Michigan offense kicked it into high gear. After getting a few first downs Michigan QB Denard Robinson got the wind knocked out of him and was forced off the field for a few plays. That didn't slow down Michigan's offense and a couple plays later QB Devin Gardner kept the ball on a slot-triple option and ran for a 27-yard TD to bring the score to 21-10 as the third quarter ended.

The fourth quarter started out slow but got crazy in the last couple minutes. Notre Dame opened the quarter with a decent drive that ended with a field goal to bring the Irish within one score at 21-13. Michigan quickly answered with a great drive, with HB Vincent Smith scoring on a 5-yard TD run with 3:45 left to bring the score to 28-13.

The Final Two Minutes---The game within the game

Notre Dame's QB Tommy Rees and TE Tyler Eifert were unstoppable the final two minutes. Notre Dame capped a 75-yard drive with a 5-yard TD run by HB Cierre Wood. With the score at 28-20 with 1:59 left the Irish decided to go for the onside kick, but Michigan Star receiver Jeremy Gallon recovered the kick. On Michigan's first play of the drive Denard Robinson felt the blitz coming and quickly got the ball out to his FB Stephen Hopkins for a 31-yard TD to bring Michigan back up two scores with 1:51 left.

Notre Dame wasn't done yet. Down by two scores yet again, Tommy Rees wasn't phased and he quickly led his team down field and threw a 9-yard TD to WR John Goodman to once again bring his team within 8 points with 1:11 left. Michigan recovered another onside kick but Notre Dame still had all 3 timeouts left so Michigan needed a first down to seal the game. After a couple negative runs Michigan faced 3rd and 22. Knowing Notre Dame would continue with the heavy blitzes, Michigan coach Josh B called a screen to take advantage of the overly aggressive defense. It paid off with a 56-yard catch and run by HB Vincent Smith to bring the score to 42-27 with under a minute left. At this point it would have taken a miracle for Notre Dame to get back into the game, but QB Tommy Rees came out gunning anyway. He threw an interception and that sealed the game. A couple kneel-downs later and Michigan walked away the B1G 10 champs.

Player of the game: Denard Robinson 13/24 244 yards 2 TD passing. Despite having a mediocre game, both TD passes came in the final 2 minutes when the game was on the line.

Notable players: Notre Dame QB junior Tommy Rees had a huge day, throwing for 390 yards with 2 touchdowns, but 3 costly interceptions. Notre Dame junior TE Tyler Eifert caught 8 balls for 110 yards. Even though he didn't catch a touchdown, Eifert's huge 3rd down catches kept many Irish drives alive. Michigan RBs Vincent Smith and Stephen Hopkins combined for 232 yards and 2 TDs--both coming in the final two minutes to help seal the game.

GG Schreck. Looking forward to more crazy games in seasons to come.

6. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Nice write up and good game. Just couldn't make the important plays on offense when I needed them. Think I had the right defensive game plan, wanted to stuff the run no matter what, and that went better than expected. Unfortunately, ya made me pay there at the end. Congrats on the ship, gonna be a lot of fun games the next few seasons, won't miss denard one bit ;).

7. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

You didn't blitz at all last time I faced you. This time it felt like nearly every play so idk lol. I gotta figure out how to beat that blitz besides just hitting my RBs. It's funny though because this game was kinda the opposite of last game. You had the great offense but the turnovers. Except for my last couple of drives my offense was terrible.

**And I was looking at your depth chart during your afk and holy crap your QBs are insane. I'm not looking forward to facing the 88 speed FRESHMAN who's rated 85 overall. wtf!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  8. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Welp...Selvy just whooped my ***...haha

9. Selvy9

Selvy9 Walk On

Wake Forest Claims ACC Title With 38-18 Victory Over #13 Virginia

The Wake Forest defense had been a question mark on this team all season, but they chose the best time of year to put together their best game of the season. The Decon D allowed just 5 rushing yards will picking off Virginia QB Michael Rocco 5 times. Meanwhile, Tanner Price put together another solid performance, throwing for 256 yards and 3 TDs in 3 quarters of work.

Surprisingly, It was a rough start for Price and Wake Forest. After marching the length of the field in impressive fashion, Price was picked off by Greer, who returned it 92 yards for the opening and only score of the first quarter. The ensuing Wake Forest drive ended almost as quickly as it began, with another interception. This time, Wake's defense came up big and forced a FG try, which was pushed just wide. Tanner Price would finally settle down and lead another lengthy drive, this one ending with a 1 yard TD run to tie the game at 7. Wake Forest would come up with a big 3 and out, and the Cavs punter chose a bad time to shank one, setting Wake up with good field position. The Deacons took advantage and went up 14-7 with under a minute left in the half. But Virginia would need just 14 seconds to take the kickoff downfield and kick a FG as time ran out in the 1st half. 14-10 Wake leads.

The 3rd would belong to Price and the Deacons. 21 unanswered points in the quarter, all 3 TDs scored by capitalizing on an overaggressive Cavalier defense, the scoring plays going 59 yards, 27 yards, and 26. From there it was a matter of melting clock. A 4th quarter FG from Wake and a late TD + 2 for Virginia would end the story.

WAKE
    Tanner Price; 15 of 21, 256 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs
    Josh Harris; 20 carries, 81 yards, 3 catches, 60 yards, 2 TDs
    Orville Reynolds; 9 carries, 57 yards, 1 TD
    Terence Davis; 6 catches, 124 yards, 1 TD

UVA
    Michael Rocco; 15 of 28, 209 yards, 1 TD, 5 INTs
    Perry Jones; 8 carries, 24 yards
    Tim Smith; 5 catches 77 yards, 1 TD

GG azreinman.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  10. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

good write up. hopefully more title games in the future!

• Like Like x 2
  11. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

That was the dumbest game i ever played... I score opening drive and boom my player misses the extra point for no reason... 100% accuracy and power and it goes wide right. The rest of the game GMoney kept doing this damn corner play with his tight ends the whole game and it was like a money play. So i just quit and not wasted my time anymore. im going to sleep

12. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

F.3.0 Sportsmanship:: We are all grown adults here. There will be a zero tolerance policy for any public slander on the boards. If you have a problem, take it up via PM and settle it. The management team here are not your parents. Quitting games is frowned upon, no matter how badly you are getting beat or disagree with what has transpired. Remember that you are just playing a game and if you are going to be taking it too serious, you need to reevaluate your priorities.

F.3.A Absolutely under no circumstances are you to quit or otherwise purposefully disconnect from a User vs User game (League game, ranked game, tournament game, etc). This is the epitome of poor sportsmanship and is punishable by removing you from said league/tournament or from this site altogether. This is a serious offense and against this community's mature mentality towards online sim-style gaming.

F.3.B If in the unlikely event you have a problem with someone's gameplay, DO NOT QUIT. Finish the game, save some highlight videos and present it to your commissioner. The commissioner and you can present it to the management team if a problem still exists or a resolution can't be agreed upon. Sometimes, the best thing to do is to give yourself some time to digest what just happened. Sometimes games can be frustrating, but that does not mean that what your opponent is doing is necessarily cheese. You should always give your opponent the benefit of the doubt.

13. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

and also i'll throw out there i have played with GMONEY 15 for about 7 years now and not once have i seen cheese in his gameplay

14. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Please don't make me put you on blast bro. However I am smarter than that since I know HOW TO PLAY THE GAME. You QUIT the game bro after your pick in the 3rd QTR and you were already down 24-12 and I had first and 10 at your 11 yard line. Once those SLANTS and POSTS seemed to be covered by the LSU defense, and the pass rush finally got to you.

You left the my TE wide open several times by blitzing so of course they will get the ball thrown to him. It's called a check down. I am so sorry if I didn't force a pass to another player player of your choice. Bottom line is that whoever is open it's my obligation and duty to throw him the ball.

On a simple side note the RULE in the league as well as the site says that you can't move any players around that you have to use that player at the snap of the ball. You know that and you have been told about that before. You can't move your SS down in the box highlight off him and control your FS. You only did it 4 times during the game.

Time to enjoy my day with my girl. Always remember this. It's a VIDEO game and we are here to have fun. Win or Lose.

J Lo will do a recap and the complete story line of this game Monday morning after the press conference. Have a good night in the USA and a good day for me here in Asia.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

lol nice job gmoney. gmoney vs droid in the ncg!

EMbow513

You made it sound like he was cheesing one TE. He split up his passes between two of them, and they're both solid players(better than his receivers comparably) so he should be using them. 89 and 81 rated is two pretty good matchups, especially if you're blitzing a lot and they're the hot read.

Wick36

Bowl time!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  16. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

Lol its all good

17. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

LSU WIN SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME 31-12

Will meet Oklahoma State for the BCS Title next week.

This is J LO, The Big Booty Hoe reporting live from the Georgia Dome as the #2 team in the land the LSU Tiger take on the Top Ranked team in the Georgia Bulldogs and this game live up to the pre game hype as both teams were ready to go at it. The referees had to separated both teams in the tunnel as they were coming out to the field for warm ups. There was a lot of trash talking going on between both schools as they knew what was at stake going into this game. The winner of this game would most like;y play for the BCS National Championship game against the Oklahoma State Cowboys.

Georgia got on the board first as Michael Bennett caught a laser from Aaron Murray from 41 yards out. However the kicker missed the extra point and the Bulldogs were out in front 6-0 and the Georgia fans who made the trip from Athens were going nuts. LSU came right back and drove down the field as Zach Mettenberger hit back up TE Tyler Dural from 17 yards out and the made extra pint gave the Tigers a short lived 1 point lead at 7-6. Georgia came back a minute later and that same combination Murray to Bennett connected this time from 21 yards out. Georgia went for the 2 point conversion but the slant was picked off and Georgia led 12-7 and that's the way the first period ended. During the TV time-out, you could see coach GMONEY pacing the sideline and you could hear him yelling at his defensive coordinator and telling him to "settle that dam defense down and someone needs to make a play"

The first play of the 2nd QTR saw Spencer Ware take a hand-off and went around the left side for a 9 yard TD run to give the Tigers a 14-12 lead. The both defense started to settle down a little as each team punted. With 109 left in the 2nd QTR, LSU faced a 4th and 2 from the Georgia 29. Coach GMONEY left his FG kicker on the bench and went for it. Looking for his FB Hillard but he was covered by a Georgia LB. However his check down receiver, Chase Clement was open and Mettenberger hit him in stride and Clement ran up field and scored from 29 yards out to give the Tigers a 21-12. That was the half-time score and both teams went into the locker room and wanted to make 2nd half adjustments.

LSU received the opening kickoff of the 2nd half and were driving downfield and got into Georgia territory. However, the Bulldogs defense stiffened and Drew Allerman had to come out a nail a 48 yard FG to give LSU a 24-12 lead. Georgia got the ball back. LSU was sitting on the pass and 2 plays later LSU forced the only Turnover of the game as Murray was picked off my JR LB Kevin Minter and he returned the pick to the Georgia 11 yardline. 3 plays later on 3rd and 5, Mettenberger found SOPH FB Kenny Hillard from 6 yards out and LSU now had a 31-12 lead and that's how the 3rd period as well as the game ended. We see Coach GMONEY walking to the podium and is about to talk to the media. Let's see what he has to say.

[​IMG] # Georgia 12 0 0 0 12
    [​IMG] # LSU 7 14 10 0 31
    First Quarter
    4:43 TD [​IMG] UGA Michael Bennett WR #9 41 yard TD from Aaron Murray QB #11 (Marshall Morgan K #90 kick)
    3:05 TD [​IMG] LSU Tyler Dural TE #47 17 yard TD from Zach Mettenberger QB #8 (Drew Alleman K #30 kick)
    2:02 TD [​IMG] UGA Michael Bennett WR #9 21 yard TD from Aaron Murray QB #11 (Kevin Minter MLB #46 kick)
    Second Quarter
    6:55 TD [​IMG] LSU Spencer Ware HB #11 9 yard TD (Drew Alleman K #30 kick)
    1:01 TD [​IMG] LSU Chase Clement TE #88 29 yard TD from Zach Mettenberger QB #8 (Drew Alleman K #30 kick)
    Third Quarter
    3:34 FG [​IMG] LSU Drew Alleman K #30 48 yard FG
    2:34 TD [​IMG] LSU Kenny Hilliard FB #27 6 yard TD from Zach Mettenberger QB #8 (Drew Alleman K #30 kick)
    Kevin Minter
    Middle Linebacker | Coverage
    [​IMG]

Home Buford, GA
    Height 6-2
    Weight 242
    Year Junior (R)

Player of the game is Kevin Minter..

TACKSACKINFFF
    K. Minter 7 1 1 1
    GMONEY " What's up bitches. ( The Media roars ) This was one tough game as Georgia gave us all we can handle and then some. I liked the way our guys battled all during the game. I was a little upset on the way Georgia scored with such ease on their first drive of the game as it looked like the defense was scared to put a hit on any thing that moved. As they game progressed, we began to settle down and started not missing any tackles and eventually was able to put some pressure on the All SEC QB Murray and register a couple of key sacks and that Minter pick as awesome. I liked the way that Zach managed the game as he didn't force any bad passes into coverage and just took what the defense gave to him and played whale of a game. However I told hm that he needs to look for Shepard more as he was open on a couple of passes but couldn't connect with him. Now it's off to the BCS Title game vs the Oklahoma State Cowboys. they have alot of weapons on the offensive side of the ball and we have to be ready for that or they will pass for 700 yards against us. That coach must by the Nephew of Bill Walsh because they have one of the nastiest passing attacks in the country. We have to be ready. OK it's time for e to depart from this podium and meet with my defensive coordinator and get ready to get a game plan set up for the title game tomorrow. Thanks for coming, god bless and good night."
    There you have it from the Georgia Dome. Our next telecast will be in BCS National Championship game. ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Deportes and GMONEY TV will carry the game live. Armed Forces Network will also carry the game to the millions of Military viewers all across the world. Stay tuned for the special from ESPN and GMONEY TV as they will have a BCS National Championship preview show. Once again this is J, Lo The Big booty Hoe reporting live from the Georgia Dome. All a good night to all.

18. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

LOOOL!!! J Lo? The big booty hoe? haah

19. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

you behind the times man shes been broadcasting all season