Conference Championships

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Psycho, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Conference Championships

AFC
    New England 3 @ Indianapolis 51

NFC
    Carolina 24 @ Washington 25

Indy-NE match up for the first time in the playoffs, however with Gio not being able to make it, bILL and Indianapolis look to repeat as AFC Champs.

Carolina-Washington meet for the fourth time in this OF, however first time in the playoffs. Each game has been close and each game has also gone to the visiting team, so it looks quite possible that there will be back to back Carolina-Indianapolis Super Bowls.

Special notes:
    First time in the five seasons that the NFC has sent both the #1 and #2 seeds to the Championship, however its the third time it has happened in the AFC Championship.

Last year Carolina was the first team to host an NFC Championship game and win, and to date the home team in the AFC is 4-0 in Championship games.

2. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

NFC Championship

Carolina takes a 21-3 lead into halftime... then leaves it there. 5 minutes left to go in the game Washington's comeback is completed as they dive in from 4 yards to go up 22-21 (2pt failed).

On the next drive Carolina is forced to punt, then gets the ball back after stopping Washington. Carolina would turn that drive into a field goal but leave 1:15 left on the clock. Down 24-21 Washington would convert on a 4th and 2, on another play flirt with disaster as a flat pattern goes of a CB hands and into a Washington WR, then to top it off, get in field goal range with 0:17 left, then to fumble it, but get it back. Game ends on the next play when Washington kicks a field goal for the win.

If losing a 21-3 lead didn't hurt bad enough, to add a little more salt to the wound, two nights ago Coach Psycho lost his second to last game in one of his NCAA ODs that cost him a shot to repeat there also.

This sucks, I'm deleting this damn league and dropping out of my ODs. If I can't win championships I don't want to play. *Psycho stops his feet, puts his head down and runs home crying like a kid that just found out they only asked him to play basketball so they could steal his ball*

3. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

AFC Championship

Colts 51 - Patriots 3

The Colts defense intercepted Tom Brady 7 times, returning 3 of them for TDs. The defense was lights out all day only allowing a late 3rd quarter FG, when the game was well in hand.

The Colts make a return trip to the Super Bowl, this time against the Washington Redskins and this time looking for a win. If the defense plays like it did against New England, it could be a long day for Washington.