Conference Championships

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeatherHelmets, Sep 23, 2011.

1. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Who will move on?

2. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    I'm just shocked that I managed to squeak my way into the Big 10 Championship. Ohio State had to lose 2 of their final 4 games after going undefeated in the first 8. I just couldn't see that happening. But now I'm in and we've got a rematch of the 2011 Championship,

Big 10 Championship: Wisconsin, of course.
    Pac 12 Championship: Rematch from Week 7, USC wins again.
    SEC Championship: Auburn is #1 for a reason and they've already beat Georgia, they win again.

3. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Big Ten Championship: This will be an interesting game....Wisonsin has had a more challenging season than last, where as Northwestern has been on a steady upward path since last season...

Key Stats: Passing; NW has the strong passing game...however 15 ints to 19 TDs shows that passes can be picked off

Running: NW has the top back in the BT, however Wisconsin has two backs in the top 7...so an edge to Wiscon on the rushing balance side...

Scoring: 19 TDS passing, 24 Rushing for NW....9 passing, 26 Rushing for Wisc...NW passes to score, Wisc passes to maintain ball control

Defense: NW has two tacklers in the top ten...pass defense, Wisc. has 3 players in the top ten for interceptions

Kicking: Slight edge to NW in FGs....

In user games, common, Auburn beat both these teams by big scores, Wisc and NW only got a TD....both teams had limited success passing and Auburn dominated the run game

THE PREDICTION: Turnovers play the key in this one....28-24..Wisconsin...

PAC 12: USC wins...maybe closer this time

SEC: Auburn is on a roll, he wants the BCS Title!

4. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

I am going with Wisconsin...I have played both teams this year and believe Wisconsin is a more talented team and it will show in the end. Northwestern is still a few years away from being where they want to be while Wisconsin is big and physical right now.......if NW can get the run game going it could get the game going there way..Coach Shoo has his work cut out for him...... remember this is a Wisconsin team that played in the NC last year.

5. Shnoogans10

Shnoogans10 Walk On

My Running back will also be sitting this game out I believe so that isn't going to be good. If we can control the ball a little better we may have a chance, it's just a bit hard to stay on the field against user defenses when my offense is only like a b-

6. calirage

calirage Walk On

USC with a big win, was close in the first half. But the Trojan defense stepped up and the offense kept on rolling in the second, Brice Butler turned into a playmaker this year and had 4 td grabs today.

Interested to see how this Wisc, and Northwestern game goes. I think I play whoever wins in the Rose bowl, so good luck to you both.

7. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Quite the prophetic prediction as turnovers would end up costing Northwestern greatly in the game.

Shnoogans10 gg - very tight game that was a lot of fun.

8. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

7 Ints....been there/done that many times....so I know the pain!...still its a close game as Wisc. got a TD with less than a minute left....so 17-10 until the last min....

9. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

should be ready to advance

10. Shnoogans10

Shnoogans10 Walk On

Yeah that was probably my fault, I usually play with A&M on offline and stuff and am used to being able to make certain throws. However I should have stayed with the run game more, it was decently productive but I would get a couple of first downs then try a pass and give the ball away. Hopefully next year will be even better.