Conference Championships

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by sawemoff, Feb 8, 2012.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

This is my first time doing something like this so take it easy on the criticism. lol

ACC Championship Game
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Last year the Tigers were able to hold off a last quarter surge made by the Cavaliers, and won 38-36. This year they meet again in the ACC Championship game and Virginia looks to get some revenge. This game has some big implications because this could determine who goes to the national championship. Virginia is currently ranked #3 right behind Oregon, and Clemson is ranked #5 right behind LSU, Virginia, and Oregon. It would be easier to say that if Virginia wins they would able to jump over Oregon since they are playing a top 5 opponent, but it would be really hard for the Tigers to make a case since they have two loses. Virginia has stayed perfect by getting key victories over LSU, last year’s ACC Champion North Carolina, and in state rival Virginia Tech. Clemson fell to Iowa and North Carolina but managed to defeat Alabama, Wisconsin, and in state rival South Carolina.​
    Key Match-ups:
    Virginia’s WRs vs Clemson’s Secondary​
    Virginia’s OTs vs Clemson’s DEs​
    Virginia’s DL vs Clemson’s OL​

Impact Players & Stats:
    VIRGINIA
    Player Name Postion Stats
    David Watford QB 3174 passing yards, 24 TDs, 24 INTs
    Phillip Mitchell WR 980 receiving yards. 12 TDs
    Kasey Shelton DE 22 tackles, 10 tackle for loss, 6 sacks
    Marco Jones DT 24 tackles, 12 tackle for loss, 8 sacks

CLEMSON
    Tony McNeal QB 2035 total yards, 19 total TDs, 9 INTs
    Charone Peake WR 1520 total yards, 8 total TDs
    Freddie Hackett FS 69 tackles, 6 forced fumbles
    Jonathan Miller DT 18 tackles, 13 tackle for loss, 9 sacks

PREDICTION:

These are two highly powered offenses that can fling the ball so it will be a high scoring affair with the defensive coordinator’s scratching their heads. Clemson wins this one 48-44 and plays in the Orange Bowl.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B1G Championship Game
    [​IMG][​IMG]

In their matchup earlier in the season Michigan defeated Penn St 20-3. With some key interceptions and good field position the Wolverines was just too much for the Nittany Lions. This too is a revenge game and Penn St hopes to clinch their first conference title under Coach BP. Michigan has stayed flawless, cleaning up every opponent they have played. Their key victories were over at the time #2 Florida, Penn St, and Nebraska. Penn St’s only blemish came from Michigan, but they have dominated their competition as well beating Wake Forest, Nebraska, Ohio St, and Wisconsin.​

Key Math-ups:
    Michigan’s QB vs Penn St’s Secondary​
    Michigan’s OL vs Penn St’s DL​
    Michigan’s front seven vs Penn St’s RBs​

Impact Players & Stats:

Michigan
    Joe Larson QB 3288 passing yards, 29 TDs, 9 INTs
    David Harrison RB 968 rushing yards, 15 TDs
    Nick Callahan DB 23 tackles, 2 tackle for loss, 7 INTs
    Chris Alvarez DT 17 tackles, 12 tackle for loss, 8 sacks

Penn St
    Ryan Moore RB 871 rushing yards, 12 TDs
    Derrick Johnson RB 1351 rushing yards, 16 TDs
    Adam Manning DT 36 tackles, 28 tackle for loss, 19 sacks
    Michael Shelton DT 22 tackles, 16 tackle for loss, 13 sacks

PREDICTION:
    A victory will solidify a national title spot for the Wolverines and the defense will be too much for Penn St to handle. The final count will be 24-10 Michigan.​

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

It will be a tough game for us no doubt. I do wonder, if I lose, do I get the Rose Bowl spot or if Wisconsin beats Nebraska do they get in somehow?

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

You could get snubbed.. happened to me last year I think it was.

4. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

hornfaninbama you better beat Oshi. I want my Rose Bowl bid if I get beat in the B1G game. :)

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I'm just ready to get here.