Conference Craziness

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Aug 2, 2010.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Conference Craziness

Maybe not that crazy, but I wanted to see if we could get some discussion on how things are turning out..

*assuming no one loses to the CPU*
    SEC

Georgia sealed their spot in the conference championship game after a tough win over the Gators last week. Washaun Ealey has been leading the ground attack with Caleb King out, and Heisman front runner AJ Green has put up some big numbers including 6 receptions for 131 yards and 2 TDs against Florida.

On the other side, it is actually up for grabs with all three user teams, but we will find out who it's gonna be very soon. Alabama (#1 in the nation) is the obvious front runner, but they still must get through LSU and Auburn who both have one loss.

In my opinion, LSU is the favorite to take the SEC West. With a win over Bama it's theirs, while Auburn has to win over not only Alabama but Georgia, and hope for LSU to lose Bama. Not only that, but LSU is the only one of these teams who is at 100% strength right now without any injuries.

Prediction: Georgia vs LSU - Georgia wins

ACC

Believe it or not, 5-3 Virginia still has a shot to get in the championship game. It's going to come down to the Week 13 match up AT Virginia Tech. #2 Virginia Tech has obviously got out to a great start at 8-0, but they still have to play Miami and Virginia in their division, however Tyrod Taylor and Ryan Williams will be healthy soon.

Who's leading Virginia's squad?? It looks like it's a little bit of everyone, a balanced 1ke is a scare 1ke haha!

The Atlantic side will be determined next week with Clemson AT Florida State. Clemson is led mostly by their defense, here are some of their team leaders - tackles (B Maye-36), interceptions (D McDaniel-4), sacks (D Bowers-11). Florida State will look to play solid defense, and let Christian Ponder take care of the offense - 137 of 216 for 2653 yards 22 TDs 6 INTs.

Prediction: Virginia Tech vs Florida State - Seminoles roll baby!

2. sreese

sreese Walk On

Come on iKe one of us has to get in that game! Im counting on you!!!! LOL!

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I love life.

4. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I wouldnt put much money on me...LOL. Its going to be tough, Im gonna put up a fresh story on the dynasty wire and post the link showing my teams leaders and in some spots just pure failures. Last weeks game was the first game where I had more sacks than my opponent. Lol and it was Duke.

But ill give it a go, ill give it one hell of a go against Tech. My boys showed up against the U, but Lady Luck also showed up for me. This game is excellent at recognizing the talent difference. Against FSU and the Canes i was fighting for every yard.

Heres to Clemson getting by Free $hoes University, so in the way off chance I get by Tech, i dont have to see them again!

5. ociu

ociu Hoosier for Life.

Picking against Alabama? What did I do to you, Murk? lol

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I just think you have a tough road left, especially with LSU.

He just dominated 42-0. You played Max to overtime, and Max is more prone to turnovers because I know he likes to throw it a little more.

LSU will be able to limit the turnovers I think by keeping it on the ground.

7. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Although he'll be playing tired. He's driving back from Disney today...

8. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Georgia is feeling good, after the heartbreaking loss to VaTech in the season opener, they have pulled out 9 wins in a row. If we can keep winning we may find ourselves in the NC picture, esp if we can win the SEC Champ game.

9. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

better enjoy it while you can. next year the Gators will be out for blood! look at you too bama!

10. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Blah, blah, blah. And we'll be ready with largely the same team as this year. LOL

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

good. I was 1 play away this year ;)

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Disney World, does he think he's won the NC already?!

13. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Hahaha! One of the funniest posts I've read in quite a while.