Conference Outlook

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by Oshiomogho, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

This is the most competitive year the MWC has experienced. And things are going to get messy

#1 Air Force - 4-1 (@ BYU, @ UNM, and vs Wyo)
    - the game this week vs BYU may very well determine the conference champion
    #2 BYU - 3-1 (vs AF, @ UNLV, @ Wyo, vs Utah)
    - combine the 4 users have 7 losses in conference and each game will not be easy
    #3 Utah - 2-2 (vs Wyo, vs UNM, @ BYU, @ TCU)
    - Utah still has a shot at winning conference or finishing last. Cannot afford to lose twice
    #4 CSU - 2-2 (@ UNM, @ TCU, vs SDSU, @ UNLV)
    - losses to utah and AF set up tiebreakers poorly. CSU will have to win out
    #5 Wyoming - 2-2 (@ Utah, vs BYU, @ SDSU, @ AF)
    - An impressive win over UNLV in week 2 may be overshadowed by the difficult finish to the schedule. It may prove difficult to win 1 or 2 of these games.
    #6 UNLV - 2-2 (vs BYU, @ TCU, vs CSU, @ UNM)
    - with a huge win over AF, winning out could equal a conference championship, but the with BYU and CSU, it willnot be easy
    #7 SDSU - 3-3 (@ CSU, vs Wyo)
    - Having played all but two games in conference now, Winning out will result in a 3rd place finish in conference
    #8 UNM - 1-3 (vs CSU, @ utah, vs AF, vs UNLV)
    - Conference title is out of reach but with 4 big games remaining, the team is playing for pride. Winning more then one of these contests wil be impressive
    #9 TCU - 1-4 (vs CSU, vs UNLV, vs Utah)
    - The lone nonuser will struggle to win games, but is still talented enough to put up a fight.

add in you commentary of how you think you will finish out

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Well i need to amend mine. I need to have Noff lose to BYU, Wyoming to lose one, and Utah to lose one and then i can win out and win.

3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I got Utah next week I may lose lol

4. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

If Noffke is able to beat BYU, which he will be favored to win, he should have no trouble making it 5 straight conference titles. New Mexico or Wyoming could definitely pull an upset, but with a definite gap to overcome both would have to play miraculously to even have a shot of winning.

Too bad I didn't get my offense figured out in time. My QB threw for only 2 touchdowns in the first 7 weeks. He's thrown for 6 and rushed for 2 since in the last two weeks! It definitely would have set me up to beat Utah who squeaked by me with a 1 point victory due to a last minute TD. My defense gave Air Force fits, but my offense that was put in position to score on a short field multiple times answered by turning it over or moving backwards.

As I said, I believe Air Force wins this year. Season 6 should be the year a few of us have finally caught up and things will start to get very, VERY interesting.

5. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

If Wyoming had a Pocket QB I would have this shit locked down :) I would make my 2 star WR's look like stars

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Depressing loss to Utah has now lead to me maybe not winning the title =[ And every leaves after this year. FML

7. IrishBearcat

It's always cute when the noobs who are 2-2 conference think they're the best :D

On a serious note, wait till you compete against everyone in conference to make your assessment. You still have two top 15 user games as well as two other very capable users. Not everyone is as bad as I am .:)

8. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Woah, I sense a little tension! :) but with my team right now, I'm not beating BYU and Air Force. I don't know how I was able to keep it close with you last night out of all honesty lol

9. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

Wyoming is about 6 years or more away from competing for a conference. Gonna wash this year. maybe gain a star or 2 in the next 2 or three years. which will finally let you compete for some 4 star talent and let it develop for a year or 2.

although... in about 3-4 years, I wouldnt be surprised if almost the whole conference is 4 or 5 stars and pulling in 5 star talent. so... get yourself a good gameplan :D

10. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho Donnie Darko

I should clarify... SDSU was terrible prestige when I took over. I couldnt pull in ANYTHING in recruiting and I'm from Cali! once my players graduated, im left where I am at now... with nothing. So im trying to work back up to get recruits interested that can actually help me out. You are not fro mCali so its just goign to be one step harder. and you dont have too much talent ATM, so winning against users is just more difficult/impressive. but never say never.

11. IrishBearcat

Only tension I sensed was when I hit that 3rd and 19 pass for a first down :p !

I'm jp man, you're a pretty good player. Improved talent would help you immensely.

12. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Lol, never speak of that again my DB didn't even react I'm like what is this bullshit?!

• Like Like x 1
  13. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

What is this mischief?!?!?!

[​IMG]

I've had a good amount of those in my days building UNLV up.

14. IrishBearcat

haha

I'm never allowed to "speak of that again" so I'll show you.

[​IMG]

You get the picture.

• Like Like x 1
  15. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I never thought I'd say this but Fuzzy, i love you. You now have put me back in a position to win the MWC :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

What lies lol my guy was in perfect position that shit made me cry I didn't even wanna play anymore

17. IrishBearcat

lol we both made each others secondaries look pretty silly. I was lucky to get a few stops.

On another note, Noffke losing to Fuzzy creates a lot of havoc. Can BYU hold down the conference?

18. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

He has it easy imo he is a thrower and he has a passing QB but then again you shut him down haha only time will tell

19. IrishBearcat

SHIT JUST GOT REAL. BYU goes down! :eek:

20. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Okay. Only game left is Wyoming and Utah. Since i lost to both a have a 3-2 record, who ever loses will drop below me and i'll move to 5th in the conference. The next week SDSU plays their game vs Colorado St. With tie breakers vs Air Force, SDSU, and now BYU i just need to win out and i win the conference. Plain and simple. I hold my own destiny and the biggest game for the conference will be Colorado St coming to Vegas. Hopefully the strippers i hired will do work ;)

21. IrishBearcat

We plan to expose Sparkman and company as the 65 overall player he is.. I'd focus on your game against TCU this coming week. PUMPED for my game with @Oshiomogho :D

22. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

O TCU is our number one focus. And Sparkman is a beast. Stopping him will NOT be easy. His overall isn't the best but he sure as hell makes plays

23. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Sparkman ripped BYU a new asshole. He is like 6'5", I think? He always found a way to get behind the coverage, and in one-on-one matchups he just reached above the defenders. It was hard to watch.

24. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

..and where is that epic game summary?

25. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

On the way. School hit hard. I'm getting it in though for sure