Conference Playoffs - pls read

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by trutest, Feb 8, 2010.

1. trutest

trutest Walk On

Conference Playoffs - pls read

I advanced and I'm also stepping down as commissioner. I tried to rebuild this league but I can't find the extra time right now to do so. We're at 17 owners right now and We still have owners that aren't dedicated to scheduling their games or at least showing up when it is scheduled. It really just drains the fun out of the game when you spend more time chasing people than playing.

Colts vs Patriots -AFC
    Cards vs Bears - NFC

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I hate to lose you jersey

I had a thought...why do we need 32 owners? we seem to have about 16-20 owners who want to be here, why not just let the other teams be cpu controlled teams? scheduling is a bitch......I agree...especially when you're scheduling that owner who you know is 3 and out. Lets move forward with a smaller group.....screw it...........

3. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

Jersey you ahve been a saint, trying to build this sucker. thanks for all the blood and sweat man.

I will be dropping out with Jersey's resignation. I stayed through startup and then the first Commish change. I dont want to go through another one.

To all the guys who have stayed from the begining. Adios, to a few like dakota who joined right after and stuck it out, thanks man. it was fun playing with you all, and GL to everyone.

4. sfranger6969

sfranger6969 Guest

damn this sucks. i dont understand why people sign up for a league and then quit or dont play the game.

i dont want to sit around either and wait for a new commish or for new owners. I will also be stepping down b/c i have no fun in playing the cpu everyweek. But if the league fills up more down the road i will be happy to come back.

5. score23

score23 Walk On

yep I'm done too. thanks again jersey for all your work.

6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Jersey you did all you could man, a game with waning interest makes it hard to keep a league together, especially with all of the holes the league set up has this year.

7. hurdrs123

hurdrs123 Walk On

I guess it’s just run its course. I remember when I first found this site it was impossible to get in TMFL, and I could barely get into this one. I never had a problem scheduling a game and it was a pleasure being in it. Of course the glaring problem with this franchise is just how limited it is, no FA, salaries, stats from previous season, etc, etc. Once the "newness" of the game wore off, then COD MW II came out, then Christmas vacation, the Madden bubble burst. I think another problem to which Dakota mentioned is the need of 32 teams. If you could eliminated team’s period that could help because people don't want to play the CPU.

I will hang around with the sinking ship if someone wants to take the reins, if not it was fun. I wish we could put together a league of dedicated players who are more than just in it to play the games. It was a pleasure to be in a league with members such as SeaChicken, Dakota, Maisler Boros, and J.C. Spartan who even though they never put up dominant seasons would write recaps win or loss and contribute to other threads.

8. Herc

Herc Walk On

yeah it was fun guys. Ill also be leaving with Jersey as I too cannot stand playing cpu often. Thanks for having me these last 2 seasons.

9. trutest

trutest Walk On

Thanks guys, I was hoping someone would step up and run things. We were on our way to a 3rd season, its a shame to see all that progression go to waste.

What about the Super Bowl? This doesn't mean the season is dead. 3 more games left, cmon guys.

10. Herc

Herc Walk On

Bears are waiting to see who they face in SB. Both tough, the lowly Bears play the highpowered Colts or Pats

11. trutest

trutest Walk On