Conference Realignment Discussion

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Sabo, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Well the talks are heating up again this year with talks of conference expansion etc. So i thought i would open up the discussion and see what everyone thinks about all of this.

The following was copied from the Sporting News College Football concerning possibilities

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...-mass-expansion-of-top-conferences-on-horizon

2. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Notre Dame belongs in the Big 10. As do Pitt and WV. Add Rutgers and you can set your watch to that conference!

If the ACC and Big East get raided, which I would imagine would be a distinct possibility, they should merge into one shitty football conference and call it a day.

3. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Notre Dame does not belong in the Big Ten, it is not a mammoth state school like almost every Big Ten member (sans Northwestern)

4. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Im sure if the SEC adds A&M there will be another team on the move because they wont have uneven divisions. Ive also heard that the SEC wants no more than 14 in their conference.

Im not sure as far as the Big 10 goes. I dont see ND going anywhere though. Their tradition as an independent is too deep in football.

5. BDSDIGITAL

Independent's in College Football is BS. Everyone should have to be in a conference Notre Dame included. If they were forced into a conference the only logical place for them is the Big 10 or the Big East. They don't get away with that in any other sport that I know of. BTW, they are mediocre at best in Football and have been for a few decades. I think we can let the ghost of Knute Rockne rest now.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Gottlieb tweeted this morning that an A&M source is telling him that it'll be Mizzou, FSU, and Clemson joining them in the SEC.

7. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

I personally think that would be excellent

8. Connor

Connor Walk On

Before this even started I had alright shook up the conferences in my Offline Dynasty and it looks very similar to this.

9. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

With that in mind the SEC would look like this

10. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

I'm not sure how much I buy it... FSU will get in over Florida's dead body and Clemson doesn't really add too much in terms of markets or anything... South Carolina is already a solid SEC state. I mean, I'm ok with whatever happens, but the end game needs to be a B10 invite for UMD.

11. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

PeteThamelNYT
    A DIFFERENT high ranking SEC official just called to say (angrily) that any report involving Clemson, FSU and Missouri is totally wrong.

12. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Well lets see. ... A&M and ??????

13. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

If they stop at 14, my money is on Mizzou. Good athletics, they're an academic upgrade for the conference, and they bring in some good media markets. I think the SEC guy was just saying that they're not taking all of those 3.

14. Connor

Connor Walk On

As a native of Columbia, MO I would love to see Mizzou leave the Big 12. Not sure if I want play Florida, LSU, Bama and the whatnot each year though.

15. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
  16. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

This is looking good for A&M to be on their way to the SEC

17. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I kinda differ on this. Financially its a great thing for TAMU, but athletically it might be a few years before they can really compete in the SEC. Look back over the last 15 years and they haven't defeated one SEC team. That includes Miss St. But I guess the old saying comes into effect here..Money talks.

It will be interesting to see which teams come to the SEC. The Big 12 wants Houston, but they don't want TCU due to the fact that they already have the Dallas TV Market locked up. Despite everything OU will do what Texas does, unless the Big 12 breaks up and Texas becomes an independent. Which would allow their tv network to flourish, and that's what they want.

18. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

SEC the first Superconference huh. It would be interesting with the BCS and all

19. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

I am really against super conference. I like the current setup except for the BCS autobids. 9/10/12 team conference work perfect with scheduling and travel / conference footprint. I'm scared of any scenario that fucks over the Mountain West and C-USA. Worst case- I could deal the 16-team conferences and a 22-team C-USA/MW merged conference assuming no teams leave or those teams were replaced.

20. BDSDIGITAL

21. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

22. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

23. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

• Like Like x 1
  24. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    A lot of people think A&M might be breaking a lot of traditions by making the move, but they forget all the rivalry tie ins the Aggies have with Arkansas and LSU. Plus, I'm willing to put money that they still figure out a way to play Texas a lot, if not every year.

25. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

You never know.. TAMU might get the Houston treatment if they leave.