Conference Realignment - Season 6 and Beyond

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Dec 18, 2012.

?

How should we proceed with realignment

Poll closed Dec 25, 2012.
  1. Option 1: 2 conferences

25.0%
  2. Option 2: no conference affiliation/independent

75.0%
  1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Twister18
    charter04
    Hokie Effect
    GMONEY 15
    Cgreen214
    Mogriffjr
    larrylance

We need to decide how to move forward with this dynasty since we are down to 8 members. There are 2 possible solutions to this issue.

1. Move 2 user teams from ACC into B1G, or vice versa with B1G teams going to ACC. Every school would play at least 2 out of conference user games per season. I will also set it up so that each user team has a locked cross division user rival, and we can rotate that every 2 seasons. That would guarantee a minimum of 4 user games per season.

2. Move all 8 user schools to independent. We would then schedule 6-7 user games per season. This may slow us down for some weeks but it would give us complete flexibility on scheduling games.

2. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I vote for #2. It would be really fun if we had a lot more user games. I also like the flexibility and not having to play a CCG.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

It would certainly make for easier scheduling but I am not sure which way I will vote. I see benefits for each side.

4. larrylance

larrylance Walk On

I voted #2 but it doesnt matter to me either way conference championship games are something to strive to get to besides the bcs game so Im cool either way. Not wanting to go to big not alot of good teams there.

5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I ended up selecting option #2.

Either way we go I will also be moving around some of the real life conference changes.

Rutgers/Maryland to B1G.... Notre Dame/Louisville to ACC (I realize ND is stilll technically independent) and whatever other moves are still needed. I think I still need to move Pitt/Syracuse and figure out what schools are transferring to Big East.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

#2 sounds good to me as well.