Conference Selection

Discussion in 'Second to None' started by KnightNoles, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

2. KnightNoles

1. ACC/SEC B1G/PAC12
      • FSU, UK, Ole Miss, Auburn
      • Washington, Arizona, Illinois, Michigan State (or an executive decision and use Maryland)
    2. SEC/ACC/Big XII
      • Kentucky, Auburn
      • FSU, Virginia/UNC
      • TCU, OKSt/Baylor/TxTech
    Of course I would want to be a homer and play with my favorite team but the B1G/Pac12 is intriguing.
    Being I want to aim for 10+ seasons this go around, 2 conferences and that amount of user games may not make that possible. At the same time, I would almost play more user games than cpu games. If everyone can become dedicated and make this league their video game priority then I wouldn't see why we couldn't bang seasons out, if you keep up with the Deuce league they are exceptional at this.

If it comes down to it, my vote will be the swing vote and we will go from there until then these are my thoughts.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  3. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

1. PAC12/B1G:
    PAC12= USC, Oregon, Stanford/Utah, or replace Colorado with Boise State, then move BSU to my #1.
    B1G= Wisconsin, Michigan State, Iowa, Penn ST.

2. PAC12/B1G/SEC:
    PAC12=USC, Oregon
    B1G= Wisconsin, Michigan State
    SEC= LSU, Missouri/TAM/SC, (only about 3 teams in the SEC I wouldn't want, Alabama, Vandy, and UK).

I think the three conference set up will work better for faster seasons.
    We had the ACC and SEC last OD, lets try something different. A Rose Bowl match-up would be awesome!!I don't really want to play in the ACC this time around.
    I think we should put ND in the B1G, or SEC for Vandy.
    Also moving BSU to the PAC12, even if we don't use that conference.

4. T3AM_F1GHT_0N

T3AM_F1GHT_0N Walk On

PAC12/B1G
    • PAC12 - USC, Oregon State (Their new uniforms are sick, but I don't see them in the uniform video)
    • B1G - Ohio State, Nebraska
    ACC/SEC
    • ACC - Miami, Louisville?
    • SEC - Florida, Missouri/Arkansas
    SEC/B1G/PAC12
    • SEC - Florida, Missouri/Arkansas
    • B1G - Ohio State, Nebraska
    • PAC12 - USC, Oregon State
    I feel like we should change things up this season. We had ACC/SEC last season therefore we should add PAC12 this season. KnightNoles if you want to aim for 10+ seasons then we should go with three conferences. I don't mind if we have to move some teams to other conferences to make things work. Whatever setup you guys decide to go with I am up for it. I usually don't have a lot of things to do on my free time, so I am going to make this league a priority.

5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

1. I'm going to throw a curveball and go with MAC vs Conference USA for the 2 conference setup. Since all the teams are pretty much on the same level in that conference it would be better than being in 2 powerhouse conferences.

2. I would like to see SEC in whatever conference setup we use. SEC, ACC and PAC or SEC, B1G and PAC. Other than that I would like to do what we did last year.

I'm partial for whatever in the 2 conference setup but prefer the 3 conference setup. I'm not for rebuilders unless

Teams in order of preference:
    ACC- Clemson, FSU
    SEC- Bama, A&M
    B1G- OSU, Penn St
    PAC- Oregon, Stanford
    MAC- Buffalo or Miami
    Conference USA- SMU or UCF

6. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

1) My top choice for two conferences is a Pac-12 vs Big Ten showdown. This would likely make for about four user conference games each season. That wouldn't be too hard to schedule unless we added user OOC games as well. My teams (in order of preference):

-Michigan
    -Michigan State
    -Penn State/Illinois/Nebraska/Northwestern
    -Washington/UCLA

2) For a three conference league, I don't really care who we choose but my preference is still to play in the Big Ten. That said, I'd go Big Ten vs SEC vs ACC, with my teams ranked in preference:

-Michigan
    -Michigan State
    -Penn State/Northwestern/Illinois
    -Texas A&M
    -Virginia Tech
    -Auburn/Tennessee

I especially would not want to play in the Big 12 or MAC/C-USA/irrelevant conference.

My vote would be for the three conferences since it would allow for quicker advances. Like I said, I would go for any alignment that would allow me to play in the Big Ten. Michigan is definitely my top team with Michigan State as my #2. If I could get either one of those, I'd be a happy camper. Worst case scenario, I could look at teams outside the Big Ten as long as it isn't some irrelevant conference. I haven't scouted those rosters much, so I don't really know who would interest me besides maybe TCU in the Big 12 and Virginia Tech in the ACC.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  7. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I really Don't Want To Do A 2 Conference Setup If We Are Going To Use Power ConferEnces. There Is A Big Gap Between The Top TeAm And The 6ThtTeam In Each Confrrence With The Exception Being The Sec. ThatIsWhyIAmReally Suggesting Doing A Mac Vs Con USA If We Go That Route. I Know I Wouldn't Want To Get StUck As The 4,5, Or 6Th Team Of A Power conference

8. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

trevorg234 did quite fine with building up Illinois and they weren't a top 6 Big Ten team at the start.

• Like Like x 1
  9. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    1. ACC/SEC (I like the regional similarities and the built in rivalries that already exist, Florida v. FSU, Clemson v. USC, Georgia v. GT...)
    • Maryland, Vandy, Tennessee, Mississippi State
    2. SEC/ACC/Big 12 (I like this for the same reasons as before except you add UMD v. WVU, Big 12 v. TAMU/Mizzou...)
    • Mississippi State, Arkansas/Vandy/Tennessee
    • Maryland
    • TCU, WVU
    In terms of setups I think the ACC/SEC/Big 12 could be the most fun depending on which user teams are picked. If we have numerous interconference user rivalry games it almost makes it feel like a 2 conference setup, with more teams for people to pick from. Obviously I'd like to be Maryland this release, but as yall have seen, I can be anyone and be happy. Setup doesnt really matter too much to me, as long as we are somehow unique from other leagues, no custom conferences, and their is some regional overlap between conferences and interleague rivalries. Basically I just want max user games, and whatever setup leads to that I am happy.

10. chance17

chance17 Walk On

1. ACC/SEC

South Carolina

2. SEC/ACC/Big 12

South Carolina

3. MAC attack

Miami (OH)

4. PAC-12+whatever

Oregon St.

11. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

12. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

I'm just going to throw it out there: I have zero interest in the small conferences.

I consider myself nothing more than average and I went 5-0 in user games in either my second or third year there--it can be done. It just takes a little patience and a little determination to build a BCS school.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jusblaze09

jusblaze09 Walk On

2 conference set-ups

1. SEC/ACC
    SEC: Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, Vandy
    ACC: Georgia Tech, Syracuse, Virginia, Miami

2. PAC-12/B1G
    PAC-12: Stanford, Oregon, UCLA Colorado

3 conference set-up (preferred teams are top two teams listed above).

1. SEC/ACC/B1G

2. SEC/ACC/PAC-12

3. PAC-12/Big XII/B1G
    Big XII: West Virginia, Kansas State

As everyone probably knows by now, I do not want to end up in the B1G due to fatigue of being in the conference at one point or another since ODs came into existence back on NCAA 09. If I had to vote for a set-up, I would choose either the exact same set-up we has last season, or switch the B1G out for the Pac-12. If the goal is quicker advances, 3 conferences is probably the way to go. I also decided to throw out another 3 conference set-up out there that might eliminate the whole "Pac-12 is recruiting a different region" thing.

14. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:

1 conference set up still in the running? I'd be down for some MACtion!

EDIT: or some ACCtion

15. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

whats your conference set ups?

16. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

1.SEC/ACC
    SEC:UGA, MISS ST, SOUTH CAR, OLE MISS
    ACC:Va tech, Mia, Clemson,

2. PAC/B1G
    PAC:Ore, Usc, Stan,Ucla
    B1G:Osu,Mich st, Mich

1.SEC/PAC12/B1G
    SEC:UGA, Ore, Osu

PAC:Ore, Usc
    ACC:Va tech, Clemson

It really doesn't matter to me. I think all conference bring there own punch. I personally like SEC but I like what I'm seeing out of the Pac and Acc good teams to keep user's active in the dynasty.

17. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

SMU and UCF are in the AAC not C-USA anymore. Now, if we wanted a bad/weird conference, the AAC could be interesting. Teams like UCF, Cincy, USF, Houston, UCONN, and Navy are much more interesting than Eastern Michigan, Ball State, etc. I still wouldn't want to do it, but it would be better.

18. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

1. ACC SEC B1G/PAC 12
    ACC: Miami, Clemson, Pitts
    SEC: Texas A&M, Florida, Arkansas
    B1G/PAC 12: Iowa, Minn, Cal, Arizona State

2. ACC SEC
    ACC: Miami, Clemson, Pitts
    SEC: Texas A&M, Florida, Arkansas

I prefer the 3 confrence set up i think it will make it easier to get games in and ect.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

1) SEC/ ACC / PAC 12 Georgia

2, SEC/BIG. Georgia

It really doesn't matter to me anymore. You guys have wore me down. I will play whatever

• Like Like x 2
  20. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

If we don't go Pac-12 vs Big Ten and the Big Ten is still an option, I'd be happy to let redwings have Michigan and me take Michigan State if that was cool. Just an idea to help give an idea of where people would be.

21. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:

I got your back, dont worry

22. KnightNoles

:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  23. LTL7360

LTL7360 Play hard for the name on your chest: Texas A&M

1) ACC/SEC-

SEC- TAMC, Ole Miss, Vandy,
    ACC- Wake Forest, Duke, BC, NC state

2) B1G, PAC 12, SEC

SEC- same as above
    B1G- Minnesota, Purdue, Indiana,
    PAC 12- Zona state, Oregon State, Washington State, zona

I don't know where I fall on which one I prefer. I'd kinda like to go west a bit, but I really don't want another B1G team. I'm fine with ACC/SEC as long as I get one of those teams above. I say we do SEC, PAC 12 and B1G. Noles could switch FSU with Florida and coach could get georgia. The B1G guys can get their teams, and we would still have a lot of choices in all 3 conferences

• Like Like x 2
  24. KnightNoles

I'm going to try and spreadsheet this tonight so I can get a better visual and see where that leads us, try to get this done by Friday.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

instead of me having to go through thread pages, what is it that you wanted to do?

Edit: I was thinking about it and if we were to go with PAC12 as a conference, I would like to see SEC vs B1G vs PAC12 action.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.