Conference set up / scheduling

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Jul 11, 2012.

?

Should all the conferences have 1 user in each division?

1. Yes, each division should have a user.

90.0%
  2. No, two users in the same division is okay.

10.0%
  1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Would you guys prefer to have it set up so that there's a team in each division, or are you guys okay with keeping the conferences as is? If it's split, there's the possibility of a conference championship game with users. If we leave it as is, the divisions with two users would be guaranteed to play each other every year.

Also, I will take specific scheduling requests (1 year, or home and home). I will need both sides to confirm this. If you don't have any specific match ups in mind, that's fine, as I will randomize the rest of the user games so everyone has 4.

2. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

I'd prefer 1 user per division. If we're playing on All-American, I just don't see many seasons where the users wouldn't meet in the conference championship. Ultimately whether you beat the guy in the season or the championship game ya get the same result, but it is just so much cooler to beat a user in the championship than it is the cpu. Plus, then there will be many times where you might get to play the user twice in a season, really ramps up the rivalry.

3. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

Wick36
    azreinman
    xSavedByGracex
    the bigg dawgg
    whales30
    Jolts57
    Wick36
    droid43
    Theezy
    cyclonecountry
    EMbow513
    xassassin4lifex

Just wanna make sure everybody sees this if you're just watching for alerts.

Also, want to encourage everybody to get involved on the boards. I know everybody is busy, but it's the best way to build up our league and make sure it is successful for the long run. I'm the last guy to be a ball breaker about it, the most important thing is getting your games/recruiting done on time, but generally there is a direct correlation between that and board participation. Feel free to throw in threads, polls, or other stuff up too, the more the better.

• Like Like x 1
  4. the bigg dawgg

the bigg dawgg Walk On

the big east has no conferences so u guys can decide

5. droid43

droid43 Walk On

I think it's find as is. Two users in the same division will definitely play each year, and more than likely it will be a de facto conference championship game. Although there is the chance of playing each other twice if you are in different divisions.

I voted to keep it the same, but I think those that play in conferences that have divisions should have more weight in the poll.

Also, how do you tag others in your post?

6. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

I think it would make it more interesting if they were in different divisions so your not playing a comp in the championship. Its always more fun to play users, isn't that the entire reason we are doing an online dynasty?

7. Theezy

Theezy Walk On

I think it would be better if it is 1 per division. Makes rivalries if you played in the 'ship and before in the season like said above.

But either way, I would be cool with it. I already switched my team to ASU from CAL because I want to meet Stanford in the PAC 12 Championship in the near future.

8. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

I request a 10-year deal with those lame Longhorns.

As per the divisions thing, I think the 2 teams should definitely be split in different divisions, but unless it's a rivalry(like Mich and ND) I don't think they should face during the regular season.

9. Wick36

There will be some sliders in place to hopefully make CPU games a challenge.
    @ Then the name with no space between the @ and the name.

It is doubtful that the rivalry will be preserved when ND is moved to the Big 10. Not completely sure, though.

I'll put us down for a home and home. Don't want to get into anything longer than that for anybody. ;)

10. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

To tag, you just put an @ symbol in front of somebody's forum name and you're all set. Just make sure you spell the names right :). Also, you can copy my list and then paste that, still gotta add the @ symbol before each name to make it work though.

11. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

The rivalries for each team stay the same no matter how you mess with the conferences, doesn't mean you'll play them, just that the game considers them your rival. You can also protect matchups so that each season we would automatically play the other user even if we are in different divisions. I'd be in favor of that too.

12. Wick36

Oh, that will be very nice then.

I thought last year you couldn't change that stuff as far as the protected games go, which is what I meant by "rivalry will be preserved". That will be a big help, then. If I can change what's protected, I don't have to worry about who I switch as much if I can make it so people will play the rivals every year for recruiting purposes.

13. azreinman

azreinman Walk On

Each division should have its own user. Would make end of season much more entertaining.

14. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Are we allowed to use run commit in this league?

I got complained to during the opening tournament for using it, then others said on the site it isn't allowed, but I've talked to a couple guys in other TSO leagues who are allowing run commit in their leagues.

Personally I think if someone is so predictable you do the correct run commit every time it's their own fault? I've certainly been burned by guessing wrong.

15. schreck822

schreck822 Walk On

The vast majority of leagues do not allow it. I personally don't have strong feelings on it because like you said, you can get burned on it just as well as you can burn somebody else on it. I kind of like setting someone up one way and toasting them the other way if they try to use that crap. The main reason I don't like it though, is it just looks incredibly unrealistic in practice. How often do you see an entire defense crashing to one side in real life? Not very, and in the game it is just so over blown that it looks ridiculous. It's very high risk, high reward and I don't do it, but it can definitely make things interesting. Long story short, the libertarian in me says go for it, but don't cry to me if you give up 50 yard runs or passes every time you're wrong.

16. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Exactly. I've played a few users from TSO and a couple of them were so predictable I would've guessed right 90% of their plays. When I played "the richuation," before I knew run commit was frowned upon, I guessed right on all but 2 of his plays and one of them I got burned for a 30-yard run when I committed the other way. You're right about the crashing being a bit unrealistic, but there's definitely moments in games that you know will be a run up the middle, or a run to the outside if you've seen the person use the same form in the same situation previously. Take for instance 3rd and 2. That isn't an easy first down in real life because the defense knows what's coming and they crash the middle hard. I feel like without run commit the only way to stop a 3rd and 2 run is to shift a safety to the line and do a full blitz. And stopping certain outside runs(that you know are coming) is hard without run commit or very good user control. If the other person is so predictable in their playcalling that I know that stretch outside is coming, I should be able to commit for it.

Anyway just my 2 cents. I'll follow the rules either way but I much prefer it being allowed :)

17. xSavedByGracex

xSavedByGracex Walk On

I would prefer it come down to users for the championship games. I am ok with whatever you all decide.

18. Wick36

Didn't they say in the rules that they weren't allowing people to commit other than for passing?

Be careful where you shift the safety. Definitely do not bring him into the A gap, that doesn't really happen. (Just getting that out there)

Yep, if it's a random game or in a situation where it's allowed, I don't use it a whole lot because there's a big risk of getting burned. It is beneficial if people are being very predictable. That being said, it does look wonky, and sometimes the corner crashing can stop plays going backside.

I think it may be best to allow it for the first season at least. If people are being douches with it and using it constantly, that's not good. This is something that's very easy to discontinue if down the road we can decide to eliminate if the drawbacks end up being to low or it is getting abused. Should help mix up play calling as well.

------------
    In other news, it has been decided that we will be splitting up the users in divisions. I will try to make the games against the other user protected.

19. EMbow513

EMbow513 Walk On

Who wants to gets spanked by georgia? lol