Conference Setup Vote

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Nautica, Jun 25, 2011.

?

Conference Setup

1. 3 in 4

22.2%
  2. 4 in 3

66.7%
  3. 2 Custom Conferences

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Wide Open

11.1%
  1. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I am wondering what you guys think for a setup. From my experience it is best when you have 4 guys in 3 conferences with CC games, but the norm has always been 3 in 4 or 4 in 3.

I thought that it would be an awesome idea if guys wanted to play in a custom conference for the max competition. The deuce did this and they all seemed to be happy with it being in 2 conferences with CC games. But you can't be afraid of user games in this one.

I would like to see what you guys think.

2. -4-

-4- Walk On

I'd say 4 in three with the ACC SEC and Big 10 (12), might be fun. Moving around teams if need be (ala Notre Dame to Big Ten). But if team selection is Open, I'm still going to make the 5 or so best teams unavailable to start as to give some CPU teams hope for the future.

But I can think of about 3 people who would want to be in each of these conferences for all three of them, and then we could move guys based on location.

Honestly, I don't like to play a ton of user games. 3-4 per year (not counting bowl and CC games) is plenty for me. Any more than that and things get slow usually. I'm not afraid to play more, I just find that people's schedules don't always click and it leaves me with the decision on whether to sim it, hold up the league, or let one user play the cpu.

3. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I would like to see a "Clash of the Titans" type of scenario or a 3-4 star dynasty. OR, a MAC vs Conference USA dynasty would be pretty sick, probably wouldn't have to worry about doing scheduling either.

4. -4-

-4- Walk On

I looked at your conferences above. I really want to keep movement of teams to a minimum to keep things as close to what they are for real. Some teams may get moved if we're gonna keep it in 3 or 4 conferences, but I wouldn't do that ^ because it would screw up postseason :).

Like I said, I'm open to any and all suggestions, but if we do something, I want everyone on the same page.

5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

yeah I deleted it because I went through the other thread and saw that guys were not that big into that.

I personally would go for a MAC vs Con. USA 2 conference setup

6. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Come'on guys get voting here..lol

7. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

i kinda like the idea we were talking about going with..picking any team you want 3star or below and moving up from there, without any type of conference changes

8. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I personally am not a fan of the coaching carousel at all, what I enjoy the most in this game is taking one team and recruiting with them so after the 5th year they are MY team. I really don't' trust the CPU recruiting at all and don't want to take a team that the CPU recruited more than a season.

9. -4-

-4- Walk On

I agree with you about the recruiting. But, I want to do what will make the most people interested to make sure everyone sticks around. If everyone is enamored with the idea of coaching carousel, then we could give it a try. Nobody has to move if they don't want to. There are only a select number of schools that I would even play with, so I wouldn't move at all unless I was offered the MSU job.

This is part of why I am asking who everyone really wants to play with, because it will lead to figuring out what the best set-up would be. I'm not one for forcing teams and ideas on others and try my best to keep interest level up. From what people have posted as the teams they want to play with, I'm starting to lean back towards the any team goes things (A BCS power struggle with minor conference movement) from my original idea that I had because I, like you, kinda want everyone to stay in one place.

See I have a hard time playing with anyone other than State for a long period of time, because they are my team, it's where i go, and who I cheer for. So, it's hard for me to make limits on certain teams and conferences and what-not. I just know that from past experiences it's the only team I'll be happy with for the entirety of a dynasty. That being said, I grew up right by Western Michigan and they hold a spot in my heart and I'd have no problem building them up for a long time and possibly the entirety if I were to never receive an offer from MSU.

10. thequick135

thequick135 Walk On

id be for basically what we're doing now as in wide open no custom conferences and whatnot with maybe a limit on the 6star teams or the coaching carousel stuff..i wasnt that big into the CC either but everyone else seemed to be

11. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

-4- if you could tag everyone who hasn't voted that would be cool, I don't know everyone here otherwise I would

12. -4-

-4- Walk On

I don't know who exactly... I can guess based on activity in other threads who they are. Some are on more than others.

bhenry37 kinqskid edge7771 joshwitt -Balla- JagNation

I'm assuming myself, yourself, and quick voted. Don't know who the fourth was though.

Waiting to hear back from someone new because KillerNuts won't be joining us for '12.

ctvolfan I'm not sure about. Been kinda MIA lately, and wasn't sure.

and H0TT NIKKELs is welcome back if he likes. I know he wants to get into another league, but as long as you keep active here, I'm not worried about you being in other leagues.

But, the first 6 mentioned, and myself, yourself, and quick I have penciled as in as of right now. H0TT is number 10 if he is sure he wants to stick with us. And the last two may be open, but we'll see what ctvol says.

I've gotten in touch with someone who wanted in that I'm going to give a try because I think this would be his only dynasty. And I also am gonna get in touch with an old member that I liked to see if he wants back in this year, and also will get in touch with Nautica's friend if he was interested to get us all ready to go.

13. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

I'm not down with the CC either don't want to be moving around all over the place. I think we should do a 4 in 3 and make all teams open except for a couple powerhouse's and have some major recruiting rules. Then just duke it out and have some major user battles. If someone want's to move schools they either have to stay in there conf or find another who wants to trade conf. Say I want to move into the ACC and I'm in the SEC I need to find an ACC user to trade with.

14. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

I voted, had to take a break work got busy for me.

15. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

So what does our lineup look like for 12?

16. -4-

-4- Walk On

In no specific order...
    1. -4-
    2. edge7771
    3. thequick135
    4. bhenry37
    5. Nautica
    6. -Balla-
    7. JagNation
    8. kinqskid
    9. joshwitt
    10. H0TT NIKKELs ?
    11 and 12 will be filled with either ctvolfan, someone new, Nautica's friend, and/or one of our old members that I like.

17. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

That's a strong line up make sure we get solid user's to fill out.

18. -4-

-4- Walk On

Yeah I've prioritized possible new members. I've messaged #1 on the possible new member list and thought he was the best candidate, the old guy who'd have to register here is up there with the cream of the crop already with us IMO, and Nautica seems pretty well established here at TSO, so I trust that his guy would be a good fit.

19. JagNation

JagNation Walk On

I voted...

20. H0TT NIKKELs

H0TT NIKKELs Walk On

I will stay but why is everybody so against CC. People been asking for this for years now no one wants to use it? I mean if you do what it asks you can stay as head coach at the school you picked. Unless i misunderstood the videos wrong.

21. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I think it would be an interesting feature for offline play, but it just seems like it would just be weird in an OD.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I think the reason why some are against it is because they don't want to utilize it. There really isn't a middle ground when it comes to this, you either use it or not. Reason being is that if someone wants to stick with one school and they are forced to take a 3star or less program, after everyone else moves on, that person is at a disadvantage.

It really has to be a thing where everyone in is ok with using it, otherwise it could ruin the experience for some.

Like I have previously stated, I am a person who loves to take a team and stick with them throughout. Recruiting is the best part of this game for me and switching teams would just kill it for me. For example, I have seen it so much that leagues have a hard time filling spots after guys leave 3-4 seasons in just because its hard to get into a team that you don't have a vested interest in.

23. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I 100% Agree with this. Most of the people who have been calling for this are not league players.

24. joshwitt

joshwitt Walk On

I just voted for 3 in 4 (which seems to not be the popular vote, LOL) but I'm ok with 4 in 3 as well.

Here are my thoughts on the entire situation. I don't really think I like the idea of the coaching carousel for an online dynasty. I like the idea of starting with a 3* team and working your way up from there. As seen by my past in this dynasty, I like to pick a team and stick with them. I have no allegiances to Miami, but they were the best option when I joined the league, and I have enjoyed playing with them. If we go with a 3* dynasty, I'll probably start with Kentucky and go from there. (I graduated from Tennessee but I'm a huge KY basketball fan) I could also see myself picking some random team from the west coast and trying something completely new...I think that's the fun of this game. I would love to play with Tennessee, but the way I see that playing out is for everyone to be able to choose whomever they want, and I don't love that idea because of the Alabamas, LSUs, USCs out there that are completely unfair. HOwever, if I get to play with whatever team I want, you shoul dbe able to play with whatever team YOU want, so it wouldn't be fair.

I would say start with a 3* team and don't have a ton of recruiting restrictions up front. Next, implement recruiting restrictions after a few seasons, so as to curtail any stockpiling by a "better" 3* team. If we go with 3* teams, I think we should set restrictions on how you can move to another team. (Maybe simply saying no one can move to a better team until 5 years have gone by or something, and that no one that joins can be a higher team until after maybe 5 years?) I don't know how the details would shake out, but that is my 2 cents.

25. kinqskid

kinqskid Walk On

I just voted. I'm all for the 3-4 or 4-3 either one is fine with me. But after playing the demo with FSU, I kinda want to start off with them in 12. Like others have said, it makes it more interesting for me to recruit my own team by year 5 and try to keep them competitive...I would hate to start off as a 3 start team and in year 3 get offered the FSU job only to find out the CPU recruited horribly and now it'll take another 3-4 years to get them back on track..