Conference/Team selection

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, Jul 24, 2010.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Conference/Team selection

Guys, I want your opinions on what conferences and teams we are going to use. Everyone's voice will be heard and we'll go with the majority

Number of conferences
    Do you prefer 2 conferences of 6 user teams each, or 3 conferences of 4 user teams?

Conf Championship or no?
    Do you prefer conferences which are split into 2 divisions and have a conference championship game? OR do you prefer conferences with all the teams together and the team who does the best all season wins the title?

Big. Medium or Small
    Do you want to go with teams from the big powerhouse conferences (SEC/Big12), from the middle of the road conferences (Big East/Big10), or from the smaller ones (CUSA, MAC, MWC, WAC).

Team selection
    Do you want to open up the team selection to any team in the conferences we go with? Or still with the bottom half/below a certain overall grade?

Specfic ideas
    If you have any specific ideas, let me know.

You can have multiple ideas, but please all respond with your thoughts

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Here's mine for example:

- I prefer the 2 conference setup I think.
    - No preference on Conf championships, just either all have, or all don't have
    - I don't care what level of conference we go with, just don't want to take the upper tier teams

Some possible ideas:
    - Big 12/SEC - where we take only the lower half teams
    - CUSA/MAC - open it up to any team since none are a powerhouse
    - Big 10/Pac 10 - lower half teams again
    - MWC/WAC - open to all except maybe TCU, Boise, or even leave them in and whoever wins the lottery gets lucky

3. Ruinic

Ruinic Texas Tech Newb

Number of Conferences: I personally prefer the 3 conference as there are more teams for everyone to choose from, i know everyone has their preferences on their fav team and not everyone will get the opportunity, but with the more teams to select from the less chance of complaints.

Conference champs: honestly could care less on this aspect, a champ game is a champ game, i mean yes its bragging rights and helps recruiting but again....its jsut another game heh

Big, Mid, Small: I've noticed this really cool setup that people have been playing with lately where you start big and work your way up, but the thought of also taking a low prestige team 3* or lower, from a big conference, and making them the next big thing actually seems really fun. its what i normally do on my offline dyn, and to do it with many others seems cool, specially if we all are small teams and playing with the same settings, instead of having 1 guy with a small team and someone else with say...BAMA heh

Team Selection: think i also covered this in the big small section, i like small, lower end teams. seems more fulfilling to build a team up from scratch

no specific ideas just a few random ones heh

4. Ruinic

Ruinic Texas Tech Newb

i guess being a texas baby, id say something with BIG12 lower end teams, or even the really crappy teams like mountain west, or CUSA

5. johngalt11

johngalt11 Walk On

I prefer doing small teams, like MAC, WAC, ect. But I am not very concerned about what way we go, just want to be in a quality league that lasts! I am for more conferences then less just so everyone has a chance to get a team they are a fan of. I think that makes for a more committed player. Once again I am not set to these ideas just wanted to let you know my preferences.

6. ddvt

ddvt Walk On

I wouldn't mind a MWC/CUSA dynasty. Using a smaller teams from BCS conference would be fun as well.

7. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I'm pretty indifferent on the conference setup as far as whether it's 2 or 3 conferences. If we go 2 conferences I'd stay shy away from SEC/Big12 setup. Not alot of low end teams in either conference.
    Indifferent as far as Conf. Champ. game
    Pretty much whatever you guys wanna do i'm game for.

8. YaBoiPatza

YaBoiPatza Walk On

Conference alignment doesnt matter to me. I would like conf's to have conference championships, tho.

Big schools or small schools are fine, becuase we go with CUSA, I'll get a chance to grab my alma mater, UAB.

9. SDMDTSU

SDMDTSU Walk On

The other dynasty I'm in is doing Pac 10/Big 10 for a Rose Bowl game...

I like the 3 conferences, 4 teams all with championship games...so we can get some BCS matchups...maybe ACC, SEC, and Big 12?

10. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

I was just wondering, which rosters are we using?

11. osudds2014

osudds2014 Walk On

- I think I prefer the 3 conferences and the use of the lower tier teams of the money conferences

- No preference on conference championship

Not opposed to the idea of doing like the mwc and wac minus TCU or something along those lines

12. LSU21dude

LSU21dude Geaux Tigers

The number of conferences doesn't matter to me.
    I wouldn't mind having a conference championship, could be fun.

I would love to play as LSU, but it looks like everyone wants lower ranked teams. If that's the case, I wouldn't mind trying to buildup one of the lower teams in the SEC. Overall though, I can go any route, I just wanna play some football!!(y)

13. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Number of conferences
    Do you prefer 2 conferences of 6 user teams each, or 3 conferences of 4 user teams?

-I think that there are 4 teams in each conference that are on par with each other and therefore creates greater parity throughout the league. If you take two conferences with six teams in each one, the bottom 2 people will be at a significant disadvantage in gameplay and recruiting.

Conf Championship or no?
    Do you prefer conferences which are split into 2 divisions and have a conference championship game? OR do you prefer conferences with all the teams together and the team who does the best all season wins the title?

I prefer to remove the championship game if the teams do a round robin schedule, if they don't then it gives another opportunity to face a conference opponent that you haven't played yet.

Big. Medium or Small
    Do you want to go with teams from the big powerhouse conferences (SEC/Big12), from the middle of the road conferences (Big East/Big10), or from the smaller ones (CUSA, MAC, MWC, WAC).

Does the Pac-10 count as middle of the road? I'd like them with the Big10/Big East and we can take out all of the superpowers in the SEC together!

Team selection
    Do you want to open up the team selection to any team in the conferences we go with? Or still with the bottom half/below a certain overall grade?

Avoid the top three or four teams in the conference and just play with the mid-level BCS caliber teams.

14. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Ok the general feeling I'm getting is:

3 conf with 4 user teams each

Conf champ game no one really cares either way

No powerhouse schools regardless of what conferences we do decide.

And everyone is itching to get going.

I'm gonna text jms and see what he thinks. Hopefully we can start team selection tonite and get the invites out tomm at the latest
    And we're using fairdale king rosters. Just names, no edits. After year 1 it don't matter anymore anyway

15. Stoker23

Stoker23 Walk On

I agree with the 3 different conferences. How many seasons do we play on going through? I'm indifferent to which conferences we used... Really pumped up about playing with you guys.... GLA!

16. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

How do you guys do the draft selection process? Random generator or something?

17. Ruinic

Ruinic Texas Tech Newb

im thinking that everyone should post their top 3 teams, or 1 from each conference, and if theres a conflict of interest, then the commish can do a random generator for the people, just to be fair and all, but thats also why we'd pick multiple teams

18. Ruinic

Ruinic Texas Tech Newb

hmm, if we do 3 big conferences, i was thinking, SEC ACC and Big12, so eventually that could possibly be 3 bowl games plus we all have many hard rivals all in all

unfortunately this game doesnt add in all 12 teams for any of the nonbig bcs conferences, if we decide for some small conferences, we could use sunbelt, wac, mac, c-usa, mwc, and the independents in any order.

19. Ruinic

Ruinic Texas Tech Newb

and since we are prolly doing low end teams, is it 3* and less and we get to pick or 2*, just curious so i can start scouting now, and does that include the skill level, cause some teams could still have a badass skill level and only be a 2 or 3* school