Conferences and Potential Teams

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, May 19, 2012.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Figured I'd put together a list of potential teams based on a two conference setup.

ACC
    Syracuse
    Pitt
    BC
    Clemson
    Duke
    FSU
    GT
    Maryland
    NC State
    UNC
    Virginia
    Wake Forest
    VaTech
    Miami

SEC
    Alabama
    Auburn
    Miss St
    LSU
    Texas A&M
    Arkansas
    Ole Miss
    Florida
    Georgia
    Missouri
    Tennessee
    Vandy
    Kentucky
    S. Car

Big 12
    Baylor
    Iowa St
    Kansas
    K State
    Oklahoma
    Ok St
    Texas
    TCU
    TTU
    WVU

Pac 12
    Arizona
    ASU
    Cal
    Colorado
    Oregon
    Oreg St
    Stanford
    UCLA
    USC
    Utah
    Washington
    WSU

Big East
    Temple
    Navy
    Boise St
    San Diego St
    Memphis
    SMU
    UCF
    Houston
    Rutgers
    UCONN
    Cincinnati
    Louisville
    USF

2. GoGators

I don't think I'd actually restrict teams, rather I'd restrict the people allowed to be certain teams, i.e. Bill, Dakota, & Jello wouldn't be allowed a 5 star or better program.

And the Big East is terrible. If you guys decide to use them, I'm with Jello, I DO NOT want to be in that conference. That thing is disgusting.

• Like Like x 3
  3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

ACC and Pac-12 are the best in terms of equal and not great teams. Big XII is like 50/50 (Texas, Okie St, Oklahoma, TCU, Kansas St, West Virgina being very good). So since Big East does look atrocious in my eyes, let's do SEC/ACC since they are close, and have good options in teams.

Red teams would be off limits in my eyes due to skill level or recruiting hotbeds

4. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

As you'll know I'm all for the ACC/SEC so count me in if we go that route no need for me to look around I also see no need to restrict teams. We could do the grouping for selection I saw some in another thread on here. First group can go 5*, second group 4*, and third group 3* but we will have to watch our for the new guys. Since they're picking last do they get to pick from any level? I would hate to see a new guy who isn't very good have to pick a 3* or a very good player get a 5* team.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

UofCWildcat made that very simple. Keep those teams off limits....idk bout Clemson though.

6. GoGators

In a 2 conference setup that won't work. I wouldn't play in a league where my team choices were Kentucky, vandy, or whoever is left from tenn, south Carolina or Missouri. And whoever has last pick that's what they'd have to choose from.

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Clemson is a pretty big recruiting hot bed.

What are we to do then? Let LSU, and Alabama (who have good skill) and Auburn, A&M (which is BEYOND unfair with everyone on the East coast). Georgia and Florida could be fine though.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

True. We need to restrict mainly huge teams. And if we lose a member from time to time, if these teams have slipped and aren't recruiting well we could allow them to become available.

SEC

Florida
    Bama
    LSU
    Georgia

ACC

FSU
    Miami?
    VaTech?
    Clemson

9. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Miami is a definite solely based on recruiting. Va tech is a ? to me too. But no restriction to A&M? I feel that is a must.

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

IMO, we settle on conferences and then determine who matches with which division (assuming we're using gators' groupings). In other words, let's assume we're using ACC/SEC....

SEC West
    Masler -- could be anyone but Bama/LSU
    Big Suge -- open
    Darkwing -- anyone but Bama/LSU

SEC East
    new guys -- No Georgia/Florida

ACC Atlantic -- No FSU/Clemson
    jello
    bill
    dakota

ACC Coastal -- No Miami/Va Tech
    edge
    uofc
    gators

Just a rough draft.

11. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

As i said before, i don't want anything to do with the SEC...

12. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I got you in the ACC

13. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Double posting the below here since it looks like it's a better fit for this thread:

I'm not sure if I said this already or not, but the biggest problem with determining which users are in which division before teams are chosen (ala GoGators ' idea) is that the first guy in the grouping dramatically narrows down the choices of the other 2 guys. IE, if Suge chooses SEC West (assuming he has top choice), then Darkwing and Gators have had their choices narrowed from 19 teams (any ACC/SEC minus the 8 teams that're off limits) to only 4 teams (the SEC-W minus Suge's team, minus the 2 off limit teams).

14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Sorry meant ACC. I've been in some dynasty with them the past two years

15. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

I think we're looking at it wrong here. FSU and the U only started with two pipelines the U had FL and CA while FSU had FL and GA. I think everyone will end up with FL being a pipeline if we go with ACC/SEC set up. So if I go with say Vandy I have TX, FL, GA, AL, and TN to start I have more options to pick and chose. The Miami user not only will be battling probably ever user for FL which has them as a pipeline but only has one other pipeline as an option. If they don't make the CCG it won't matter as they will get weaker. The U is coming off a 6-6 season so I don't think they are the powerhouse they once were. I would say FSU, Bama, LSU for sure and maybe UF and GA.

16. jello1717

I agree that Miami, FSU, and Florida should be off limits. Pipelines are very nice, but they aren't everything. From my experience, Michigan rules Michigan (aOSU may have a Michigan pipeline, but if they're battling and Michigan wants the guy, he's theirs). Same for PSU in PA, aOSU in Ohio, FU/FSU/Miami in FL (against out of state teams), etc. Hell, just look at blLL flo in this year's OD. I don't know how many of us had GA as a pipeline, but Bill basically got ANYONE that he wanted from GA. The only guys that other users took from GA were ones that Bill ignored.

In '13, if someone has FSU and they're the only FL based user team, it doesn't matter if my SC based team has a FL pipeline. If the FSU owner wants a guy, he'll get him the vast majority of the time.

17. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Switch him with a new guy that way will have someone in every division. Not sure if we want all the new guys together.

18. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

If you want me in the CCG every season... Just kidding. I'll do that

19. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Knew that was coming:p

20. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

It was 100% sarcasm. I'm below .500 in user games...

21. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Just bustin your chops

• Like Like x 1
  22. jello1717

If we do end up going with forced division choices, maybe we should call out our preferences. Here are mine:

1. ACC-Coastal (4 teams I could play)
    2. SEC-East (2 teams)
    3. SEC-West (2 teams)
    4. ACC-Atlantic (only 1 possible team)

23. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Hey GoGators I've noticed every model that comes out we're together.

24. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

1) SEC East (Kentucky, Vandy, Tennessee, USCjr, Mizzou)
    2) ACC Coastal (Duke)
    3) ACC Atlantic (None, i've been em all)
    4) SEC West (Ole Miss, Mississippi St)

25. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Not sure listing your preference matter since it looks like were tied in by groups so what you want the others might not. It seems we're all gonna have to give a little. dakota7 has a pretty good set up I think.