Conferences and Protected Rivals

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

My initiatives when creating conferences and division were as follows
    • maintain natural rivalries against CPU teams
    • continue rivalries that have developed between users
    • at the same time, mix up the landscape and let people play with new people
    CONFERENCE USA

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This division has a mainly west-coast feel with Fresno State, Boise State, SDSU and SJSU. But the conference's southern roots are still present with the likes of Tulane and Southern Miss. Glen Cieske and Spayer419 get to keep their rivalry that dates back to CL 13, and it will be interesting to see how these early matchups play out as Glen will for once have the initial talent advantage. Boise State provides an extremely tough CPU opponent, and trips to the Blue Turf will be dreaded by all.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

FAU and Troy are natural rivals, so we had to keep them in the same division. Jbek remains in a conference with Spayer and Glen to retain user rivalries, but gets to blaze his own path in a different division. Joining him is three-time CL 14 champion cyhiphopp, who's presence completes the conference's B1G-old theme, as Cy did participate in the B1G for a minute in CL 13. From a CPU talent standpoint, this division is probably the weakest of the four.

AMERICAN

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Where this division lacks in geographical rationale, it thrives with natural rivalries both old and new. This is specifically seen in the state of Ohio, where Bowling Green, Cincinnati and Jandy's UT Rockets reside. Additionally, the Toledo - Marshall rivalry was a heated one in the early 2000s. Down south Arkansas State and North Texas will add fuels to the flames, while South Florida is primed to be one of the better CPU programs in the two conferences. From a user standpoint, Jandy and Cmassey will be able to develop a rivalry of their own. While they shared the Pac 12 in CL 14, they didn't play much at all being in different divisions.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The only division with three users, I'm really interested to see how the battles play out between Antonio T., LTL7360 and Rekkapryde. While this division lacks some superior CPU talent like Cincinnati and South Florida, Houston, Memphis, SMU and Tulsa forms the most consistently solid group of CPU talent.

PROTECTED RIVALRIES
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Is that good?

4. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

Sounds good

• Like Like x 1
  5. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Cy, how bout we play at Soldier Field for our annual rivalry game?

6. jandy

jandy Walk On

Looking forward to our rivalry, cmassey13. We didn't get a chance to play at all while at Oregon/Arkansas. Cinci and USF are gonna be tough every year, and SMU's pass-heavy offense could definitely pose some problems as well.

Glen Cieske Can you give us an update on the new rosters?

7. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

All freshman on teams A-G have been entered so far.

• Like Like x 1
  8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I hope my FAU boys are DOOOOOPE!

9. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I'm going to be out of the country the week of March 10 so maybe we just pause season 9 there to give Glen some extra time

10. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I think a lot of people will be busy watching March Madness anyways so I'm ok with that.

11. LTL7360

LTL7360 Play hard for the name on your chest: Texas A&M

more important, thats spring break

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

I'm not in there....

13. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

You're in the Conference but I thinl woth the odd number you don't have a cross conference protected rival.

14. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Change of plans guys. With Jbek and Cmassey leaving us behind, we're going to start this two star file all in one 11-team conference, no conference championship. The regular season will have never been more important in Chompions League.

[​IMG]

TULANE - Spayer419
    TOLEDO - jandy
    EAST CAROLINA - Antonio T.
    FRESNO STATE - Glen Cieske
    FAU - cyhiphopp
    GEORGIA STATE - Rekkapryde
    RICE - LTL7360

BOISE STATE
    SOUTHERN MISS
    FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL
    BOWLING GREEN

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  15. jandy

jandy Walk On

You have Cy listed at FAU but you also included them on the list of CPU teams. Did you mean to put Florida International?

• Like Like x 1