Conflict #1: Browns (gabeastmode) vs Bucs (Pittrocks43) (Resolved: Strike Issued)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Emmdotfrisk, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Conflict #1: Browns (gabeastmode) vs Bucs (Pittrocks43) (Resolved: Strike Issued)

Eddie msg'd me this morning with the following statement.

"Hey Markus, just giving you a heads up. I am playing GAbeastmode and I am dealing with bump and run all game long. Spread the line all game long. I thought this is a sim league. I am fine with spreading the line and B&R but all game long, every play is unrealistic."

First of all I agree. This goes against the mixing it up rule. It's not sim to run the same D, or do the same defensive tactics all game long. Second of all, I think althought this goes against mixing it up it can be beat. When your opponent spreads the line the middle opens up and with B&R WR's with good release and accell can burn the shit out of CB's.

I need to know what you guys think about this.

2. Gabeastmode

Gabeastmode Walk On

I ran 4-3,3-4 quarters defense mixture. I thrown the ball almost 200 i got 194 with 2 int..., and the run game aint that wat i suppose to do when winning by 21+ points..I played a few people in this league havent had no complaints when i was losing Bigox we had a good game ask him how I play.

3. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Haha funny he lists bigox and his ally. I spoke to him as well today (The Brown) he did tell me he was in press all game. That was all he really said to me about it.

4. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Also I have played a couple scrims with guys and a preseason game and that man press is abused. I mentioned it in passing while playing them but we may need to nip that one before it gets abused.

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I play the Browns in week 3. I can take a look. Something does seem kind of strange to me about the Browns, and that roster putting up 42 pts and only allowing 13. Unless they made a huge trade or signed alot of FA's that I don't remember.

6. Emmdotfrisk

"Hey Nate just gonna be a straight shooter with you on a matter that went on 2day. I've read the rules to the league a few times & after 2day's game I'm either a dumb ass or guys are just breaking rules left & right. Played BeastmodeGa & the guy played bump all game long & spread the line as well. He would bring 8 & 9 guys into the box as well. Ran the same 5-6 plays all game long (especially on D) & would never let me set up on D. Now correct me if I'm wrong. Is this allowed in OMFL. If so then I'll be stepping down until you find a replacement. I'm part of this league because its called a sim league. If you guys are going in another direction that's fine with me but I can't be a part of that. I play this game so I can beat or lose to some1 by being the better coach not to out gimmick some1. . I would hate to leave but I just can't get down with a league that allows this type of gameplay. I've let a few things slide in the past because I was new (things done by Vets & Newbies in OMFL). But I can't keep wasting 70 minutes on a game when rules are gonna be broken & they're getting away with it. Hit me up on AIM if you wanna continue talking about this. If not let me know when you find another owner & I would gladly step down.
    Thanks for your time
    Eddie"

7. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

frisk is in charge of this right now, i will also make a post tonight about this and update the rules

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

One question....How did Beastmode get into the board room and reply to Frisk's thread?????

9. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

I was wondering the same thing

10. Emmdotfrisk

haha that makes 3

11. Emmdotfrisk

12. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

it was a weird deal that happened, but its fixed now.

13. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I was afraid to ask when I saw his post because I thought I would looks stupid for not knowing why. Haha

14. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

I play the Browns next. I strive on beating the cheesers. I'll give a good report on our game if we want to refrain from coming down too hard in Week 1. But let's definitely mention this in the rulebook.

15. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I am getting a bad feeling about this guy. Just my opinion though

16. Emmdotfrisk

I am going to give beastmode a gameplay warning. This will be his first strike and hopefully he will have questions and/or re-read the rules. Bluebean do us a favor and report your findings for your game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.