Confrence Choices?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jmillhimes, Nov 23, 2009.

?

Which Confrence Would You Like To Play In

Poll closed Dec 3, 2009.
  1. MAC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. WAC

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. MWC

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Sunbelt

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Confrence Choices?

Guys,

Can we all come together and vote on 1 or 2 confrences to choose from. I see more people are now asking about Sunbelt and MAC teams. Please give your opinion here.

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I think we should keep it out west between the WAC and MWC..... but if not Ill go with Western Kentucky lol

Air Force
    Nevada
    Western Kentucky

3. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

If it were up to me, I'd add CUSA to the list. There are a few teams that I like in that conference. Out of the ones that you listed I'd probably go with the Sun Belt and the Mac. From what I read it seems like ya'll want to change things up to avoid some guys having powerhouse teams while others don't. If that is the case, has there been any thought about possibly using the 12 best non-bcs teams? Maybe the team list could be:
    TCU
    BYU
    Boise
    Fresno
    ECU
    Houston
    Utah
    Troy
    USM
    FAU
    Navy

Air Force

4. Centurum Dave

Centurum Dave Walk On

I voted for the MAC conference, but I will go with what the majority rules.

5. CaddilacRockBox

CaddilacRockBox 3 Star Recruit

I do like that idea. Take the best non-BCS schools. It does take away from the idea of having everyone local, though.

6. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

I agree that it does stop EVERYONE from being in the same area, but several schools would still be close enough to compete for recruits. Byu, Utah, Fresno, Boise and Air Force would be within close proximity. Tcu and Houston would battle each other as well as the bigger TX schools for kids. Usm, Ecu, Troy, Fau, and Navy would duke it out in the East.

Also, those were just the better non-BCS schools that jumped out at me. If others can think of more deserving schools, then maybe the geography tightens up more.

7. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

My two choices are:
    1) WAC and MWC
    2) MAC only

All MAC does sound interesting...

8. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

See, Im leading toward the MAC. I like the idea about the NON-BCS teams but thats why we started over again in the first place. Houston and Boise stn are very powerful compared to others.

The MAC would look like this....

East
    Buffalo
    Kent St
    Temple
    Ohio
    Bowling Green
    Miami OH
    Akron

West

Central Michigan
    Northern Illinois
    Western Michigan
    Toledo
    Ball St
    Eastern Michigan

9. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

I understand the argument about Boise and Houston, but that's why schools like BYU and Utah are included. I don't think there is that much difference between the schools, but I could be wrong.

Again, those were just the schools that I thought of first. You could add schools like Tulsa, Memphis, Hawaii, UCF or WKU to that list in place of some of those that I listed. It was just a discussion point. There will be some disparity in the teams no matter what format is chosen.

I don't have the ultimate vote, but I'm against the everybody in one conference format. I know that user games are fun, but it seems like many dynasties are having problems advancing on time as it is. I think having a possible 8 or more user games would bog things down.

10. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

That was my same argument when a new design was discussed. I think people have major schedule issues with some not wanting toplay after 9pm and others only able to play at that time. Thats why I am hoping everyone interested in this league will chime in

11. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

Yeah, I can see that as being a problem. You are the commish now, what's your personal preference for how things should be setup?

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

I like our original idea, being the list of teams we had and moving them all into the WAC or MWC...im stickin next to the same conference or close conference ideal...more competition, more interest.

13. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Yeah, we probably should just go with the original idea (1 and 2* MWC and WAC)

14. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

If interest is what we are worried about, I think that there should be a greater variety of teams available. People will continue to play if they are playing with a school they feel they have some type of connection to.

Not sure why you can't have 2 groups of teams (maybe a Mid-Major West and Mid-Major East) that play each other during non-conference.

Allow the MMW teams to come from the WAC, MWC, CUSA West and the MME teams to come from the MAC, Sun Belt and CUSA East.

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

we need to reach a decision lol

16. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

We agree on that.

17. CaddilacRockBox

CaddilacRockBox 3 Star Recruit

That's not a bad idea. I'll just feel badly for the MME. A lot more talent in the West.

18. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Well,

On that note. Why not just allow everyone to pick teams that they want as long as they are * or ** teams. Alot of people are all for MWC,WAC,CUSA, and MAC.

Im sure we can split this up and still have fun. If your looking for user games, we can schedule you heavy on the user side.

As for 1 con , Ive decided to vote against that. I think the user's not showing will create issues. If we can bring it back down to 2 or even 3 with 12 solid users we would be in good shape. 4 in each of the 3 would be good .

Oh, Im not Commish. Dont know who is

19. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

I support the 3 conference model. I'm all for the user having more choices. CUSA, MWC and the WAC are probably the best non-bcs conferences out there.

And...Why aren't you the commish? I think you'd do great in that role.

20. MaxAttack360

MaxAttack360 Walk On

Just keep in mind that the first OFFLMM fell apart, and it was CUSA-MWC-WAC.

21. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

I wasn't a part of that so could you tell what the main issue was and how you think it can be fixed?

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

I got accepted into the East...so I think I will step down. Looks like it's going to be spread conferences again, so I had a great run with this dynasty. Thanks for the good times guys.

23. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Yea i got accepted to the east also and im not into these conferences really so im going to have to drop out also

24. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

The reason it fell apart was because alot of people lacked interest in the small programs unless you were TCU, Boise St, Houston, or Utah.

Im hoping we can somehow keep this thing rolling. I dont know with everyone dropping. I would like to try something like they did in Evolution in the "TF".

Start as a small school and work your way up while meeting goals.

There are alot of things to be discussed and not alot of interest.

25. Geauxlden

Geauxlden Walk On

I understand that first part. That's why I suggested that we just use the bigger better mid-majors. As far as the lack of interest, let's start small if we have to and add people as we go.