Congrats! We are the "Kool-Aid" drinkers.

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Gyrene76, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Was surfing NCAA stuff and found this on tos. Made me laugh that we are apparently the Kool aid drinkers according to this poster.

"I've said this before, but the mothership has gradually allowed posters to become more and more critical of the game. The only thing they take a hard line on these days is personally calling out developers/game changers.

For example, if I said that most game changers are cum-guzzling faggots who offer nothing of value other than a report on how nice the Orlando Days Inn is, Irishmang/Travis/Fluff would give me a pat on the back. If I said it there, though, instant ban.

The main site that actually has users (i.e. not the Gaming Tailgate) that's still full of kool aid drinkers is TraditionSports, IMO."

-PSUEagle

2. AgenT Smith

AgenT Smith Walk On

Direct that guy to the PastaPadre boards. He'd feel right at home.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It's funny, they overlook the idea that we're loyal to our leagues and our league mates and focus on the fact that we don't continually bash the game. For some reason, you're not being critical enough if you just mention something once and your disappointment for that thing once. You need to bash, and bash, and bash, and bash, and bash, and fucking BASH, AND BASH, AND BASH, AND BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, BASH, or you are simply not doing your due diligence to make the game better next year!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

I couldn't agree more. It is democratic and healthy to form opinions and share those opinions with others, but when you make a sweeping generalization about 2,000+ people, because they don't voice their opinion with the same vitriol as you, not only is it ignorance, but erring towards bigotry.

I posted and asked him why he felt this way and he responded:

"They run around parroting EA taglines and hyping up their products. They are either oblivious or full of shit. You choose which one you want to believe.

Proof of this in the video below. This video was released a few months ago, which they recorded during their exclusive meetings with the Madden dev team, long before anyone from the general public had a crack at the Madden demo. Some might argue that the GC's responsibility is to be the representative voice of the community since they deal directly with EA while the majority of us do not. Lots of the GC's fail to recognize that responsibility and they get caught up in the whirlwind of being one of the few who gets exclusive access to EA's studios. Whether they mean to or not, they end up parroting much of the hype that is spewed at them during their interactions. To make matters worse, they are often bound by NDAs which means that they can't be overly detailed about what they saw. It leaves little room for discussion outside of their own personal opinions, which many argue are being swayed. This is an example of that. It's a straight up hype video from "community leaders" released at a point in time when the community can not form their own opinions about the product yet.

Frankly, the community would be better served if the GC program did not exist. If you are to peruse any GC community site of your choosing, you'll see that year after year, common recurring issues are not being addressed. It's evident that EA is not listening to the community. The only thing that the GC program has seemed to accomplish is to provide EA with an additional means to push their product"

-captain

I think the guy just needs a hug.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Wow.... Those of us that read the boards, talk to the guys etc. know that they have criticism of the game. Again, to not ∞ Bash ∞ until the next game comes out doesn't mean you're totally satisfied with the product. They have told the devs how they can improve the game. Not every suggestion was listened to.