Connecting for CFM games

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by The Richuation, Dec 12, 2013.

1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

bawvu97

Not sure about anyone else, but we had a hell of a time figuring out how to send/accept invites for CFM games. Bawvu97 figured it out for us... Maybe he can post a Walkthrough to help others

2. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Yeah so if you get a message that says "Return to the home menu and accept" you back out of where you are at to the CFM main menu and on the bottom left it has a message that has a picture of left stick and says "Press to accept" or something to that effect. You literally depress the left stick. If it happens again ill get a picture to post for the the group

3. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

had issue connecting to my week 1 game with brewbomer, the three times he sent an invite, i go to accept whether its by holding the guide button to get to the screen to accept or notifications hub on the top left, it wont connect. Tried accepting while in CFM and exiting out, didn't work. Anytime i chose accep, it snaps on the start a party app.

The way we got connected wasi sent the invite, even in my test game in the test league, i couldnt connect if i got the invite, but was able to when i sent an invite.

4. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I thought it odd that I had to go back to the homescreen just to bring up the friends list. I guess it was too easy with the 360 so they had to make it challenging.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I think the person sending the invite also has to wait for the person accepting to accept the invite.

6. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    If anyone enters the CFM and it says usernamenotfound up in the right corner where the owners name shows, delete your M25 profile and and any files saved or you wont be able to connect to a CFM game.

7. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Moon and I have been at it for about 20 mins now and no game started. Fuck this is clunky

8. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

And after 30 mins and multiple crashes, freezes, unreceived invites, and invites being sent by both players in the file at the same time, I give up.

9. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

https://help.ea.com/article/madden-nfl-25-next-gen-game-guide

CONNECTED FRANCHISE

How do I play an online CFM game with another User on Xbox ONE?
    Enter the game, once one player enters the game a party invite will be sent to the user. The other user must accept the party invite before an invite to the game is sent. Once the game invite is sent, the invitee must return to the main menu to be taken to the game.

10. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Lets make a simple thing as inviting and playing a game harder.

11. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

This is all new to you guys? This has been a problem since day one. It has always been click the left thumb stick. EA is horrible. You have a 6 step process now with the Xbox One, while the 360 was 1 button and youre there.

12. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Im not sure I understand the process at this point... From what I understand:

• Must be in party with opponent to start
    • One person enters the CFM file and initiates game?
    • One person waits outside the file at the Madden home screen to accept invite?
    • Or, do both enter the file, one person invites and the other logs out of file to accept invite once triggered?
    It's truly suboptimal.

13. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Its so stupid. It also took Baron and myself 7 tries to get the game to boot up and we found out custom playbooks cause issues.

• Like Like x 1
  14. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

That caused issues in ncaa foootball as well. So whenever I accept the invite what mine does is load for 15 seconds and then says unable to join. Is that what is happening to yall? So we should just try multiple times?

15. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

We had success having one person wait at the main menu and join the invite of another.

Custom Playbooks appear to be a no go.

16. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

That's interesting. I tried to use a custom playbook last night and couldn't connect.

17. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

ya took me and my oponent i think 5 invities from him to me and 2 invites from me to him i believe.

Im not sure what screen he was on when he accepted, but still, why can't i just open up the notification when it asks me to hold the guide button and accept and play? seems logical right? now, you can't do it that way.

Im guessing a combo of MS and EA

18. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    It took saw and I a bit to figure it out last night. Also, he accidentally pressed "SIM" on our weekly game, we had to toggle autopilot to reset that.

The way we played was this:
    1. Joined a party together.
    2. One party sent an invite.
    3. Other person backed out to Madden 25 Main Menu and pressed LS to accept the invite.

19. The Rulah

The Rulah Walk On

In order for me to play a game online, I must unplug my router for a few moments. After I do that it works just fine. Haven't been able to use a custom playbook either. Coachglass doesn't work as well. And somehow it makes me throw at least 4 picks every game.