Connection Issues

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by IAHAWKS757, Jul 22, 2009.

1. IAHAWKS757

IAHAWKS757 Banned

Connection Issues

Anyone ever have issues connecting to a user game in a dynasty? GUnit and myself tried to play tonight but it wouldent let us get by the team screen.

Any suggestions?

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Yeah we tried for at least a good hour to play our user game. I dont know what the deal was. I am confused because after several try's I exited our dynasty and met my cousin in the online lobby to see if I could play a ranked game and it worked just fine. Whenever Hawk invited me to play I would begin to pick my playbook, etc and click ready and it would just say on Iowas side "waiting for opponent" then about 20 seconds or so later it would boot me from the screen and say "session no longer available".

We are going to try to pay again @7:15 eastern time today.

3. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

There are a few different possibilities causing this problem:

(1) The most common is the strength of the connection.. Tonight, both of you perfrom the "Test Internet Connection" through your PS3 and determine if you are on a NAT 1, 2 or 3.. NAT 2 is the prefered connection for online play.. I can go into more details about this, but this would show my true colors of how much of a dork I really am.. So I'll save that speech for another day.. If you both have a NAT 2, ignore this.. Otherwise PM me or send me an email at hackgolfer04@gmail.com

(2) If you have both dowloaded the dynasty file to your computer, it is possible that you downloaded them at seperate days/times meaning someone's file is more up to date than the other.. which tended to cause issues in '09.. So both of you try deleting your saved OD file, and then going back in to try to play the game..

(3) The EA Servers have been having some OD connection issues from reading on some other online forums. Unfortunately, most people can only play in the time block between 6-9 pm, so I am sure the amount of traffic online is just a tremendous bog down to the EA Server. The fact that G-Unit could get into another game so easily makes me think that it is either option 1 or 2 though..

4. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Hackgolfer covered almost everything you need to do. Out of 128 user dynasty games, i could only not connect to 3 people.

The first thing like, Hackgolfer said, never save your dynasty file on weeks you have a user game. Many times they dont sync. If you did save it, go to the save data utility on your ps3 xmb above the game disc slots and delete. when you re-enter the dynasty do not save it. this solves about 60-70% of the issues.

If above doesn't work, the next step is change your signal type. For 09 it was first thought that wireless was the problem and for most people a hardwire(means just plug a network cable in your ps3) solved the problem. But it became know that either signal type could have user connection problems.

The thing you need to do is if you are wireless, switch to hard wire, if you are hardwire switch to wireless. one user switches from hard wire to wireless. if that doesn't work the other user changes his connection type.

Like i said i played about 130 user dynasty games and dealt with a failure to connect at least 40 times. Using the above steps resulted in a connection all but 3 times. And 2 of them i question weather the guys were following the steps, because it was a road game for me and they both had trouble beating me. Simmed games went toward the home teams favor often. In fact one of those games cost me a Holiday bowl bid.

5. IAHAWKS757

IAHAWKS757 Banned

Thanks for the tips guys. I opened all the necessary ports on my router and then enable the UPnP on my router and now I am at NAT2. Hopefully that fixes the problem. I also deleted the dynasty file just to make sure.

Im guessing the problem was on my end and not GUnit's. I was having trouble getting into ranked games before, while GUnit wasn't.

6. Iron Mickey

Thanks for the help fellas. I didnt know what was going on because I ended up playing 2 ranked games online just fine. We will knock out our game tonite.

7. gibby289

gibby289 Guest

Speaking of connection issues when i was playing my usc ohio state game i was up late in the game with the ball trying to run out the clock and my friends cat jumped on my playstation and stepped on the eject button. Hard to believe i know... but this isn't the first time the cat has done this. What do you want me to do comish?

8. Iron Mickey

Kill that FN Cat! So what happened? You had to restart or something?

9. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

hahaha, i wouldnt suggest killing the cat, unless it happens again.... just replay the game i guess, i dont see any other options available.

10. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

BLACKJ414 and I tried playing our week 2 game earlier, but we were booted all 3 times in the first quarter. i also kept getting a message afterwards that the OD servers were unavailable, just a heads-up, hopefully this problem doesn't nag all day.

11. IAHAWKS757

IAHAWKS757 Banned

Just finished my recruiting and when I went to save the dynasty servers were still down. This was at about 5pm central.

12. gibby289

gibby289 Guest

if you dont believe you can sim

13. Iron Mickey

had connections issues again trying to play drunkensoldier, but again it was on when i was logged in our dynasty. I am confused because I played one user game from the lobby and played another and did a quick friendly quit to make sure it wasnt my connection.

then later at 9pm me and drunken tried again to play our game and same issue, so i met hackgolfer04 and played a user game with him. whats going on here?

last week we found out it was iowahawks internet connection so he went to his neighbors, but were having the same issue. If i invite him, i pick uniforms and then pick playbook, but then i got to press x to be ready and nothing happens.

but if drunken invites me i pick uniforms, then pick playbook and it allows me to click ready, but on drunkens side it continues to say waiting on oppenent and then screen drops and a message pops up and says session no longer available.....what the hell?

14. IAHAWKS757

IAHAWKS757 Banned

I think I have isolated my problem to my router. When I went to the neighbors we hooked the PS3 straight into the modem. Might be a router issue with one or both of you guys. I would recommend if you are using a router, to plug the PS3 straight into the modem. I know for some people this may not be an option for some people due to the PS3 distance to the modem or cable line.

15. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

i dont know whats going on because i played controllerbuster inbetween us trying, we had know problem. played 2 other dynasty games last night without a problem. we can try again thursday i guess.

16. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

maybe deleting the temp file and not saving it will solve the issue.

17. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

18. Iron Mickey

Yeah me too. It would be a shame if we could not play. This is why I do online dynasty. Let's try again tonite one final time. Drunken, lets both delete our dynasty files and NOT save them like Hood & Hack recommended and hopefully this works. Does 7:15 pm eastern work for you Drunken? So then we can knock our game out fairly early and then Hood can advance to week #3. Let me know. You can text msg me also if you want. 404-456-8777.