Connection Issues

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MexiRican35, Oct 26, 2010.

1. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

During the user game against Michigan, the connection has been lost about 6 different times. 2 late in the 4th, one in overtime. Its my connection thats bad, it says I get kicked off the ea servers. Yet, I am still connected on xbox live. I have a wireless connection. Anyone have any solutions as to what the problem may be? It really sucks cause every game we have had has been less then 7 points.

2. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

DIRECT CONNECT to your modem for user games. this will avoid any hurdles.

3. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Problem is my modem is in another room

4. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

Walmart 25 ft ethernet cords

5. uscsux

uscsux Walk On

I had disconnections twice during user games. One was through wi-fi and the other was direct connect. The same things happened to me where it said I got kicked off of the ea server, but I was still connected to xbox live. Also, I have the same problem where the modem is in a different room. I just bring my small 19 inch HDTV to other room or I will play my game on the regular TV by the modem. It is annoying to move things, but if it allows you to get the game in without disruptions it is worth it imo.

6. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I have problems with ea and live through my router( I tried Port forwarding and DMZ but I still had problems joining certain live parties and connecting to some users). I now direct connect to the modem for user games. Since then my connects have been stable and faster, dispite distances like seattle to ohio.

7. omega41

omega41 Walk On

This is my level of expertise so I will post here but if you still have problem I will walk you through this. There are a few things that must happen when using port forwarding.

1. Check to make sure your router has the latest firmware(very important)
    2. You must assign your xbox a static ip address manual or through a setting in your router to give the same ip address always.
    3. You must forward the following ports below to the static ip address that you gave your xbox

Xbox LIVE requires the following ports to be open:
    • TCP 80
    • UDP 88
    • UDP 3074
    • TCP 3074
    • UDP 53
    • TCP 53
    4. Reboot router and xbox
    5. 95% of the time it will work as I am setup the same way you are and do so for all my clients, in cases where it doesn't work it is usually an older router or outdated firmware on the router and in case of wireless it could be interference so always choose a less used channel like 1 or 11 because usually channel 6 is the default on most routers . But if you tried all that above and you still have problems shoot me a pm. Also,what is the brand and model number of your router.