Archived Connection Issues

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by LSUTRUTH, May 9, 2012.

1. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

If I cant solve I will have to resign

I hate to do this as I love playing here however I can not finish a game. Me and Matrix Monkey were in the 4th quarter of our game and it disconnected for the 4th time. Last season I had 0 connection issues. This season I have had worlds I have tried everything under the sun. New Disk, Direct connect, New router, leaving and coming back, I even called my internet company. Everything I have tried has failed. I can play Ranked Games with no issue at all.

My internet runs at a very high speed. over 38 download and over 5 upload. I need help hopefully you guys have answers

Shaun Mason
    BobJr

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Wireless or not?

3. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

He said he tried Direct Connect

4. LSUTRUTH

I have played wireless as well as directly connected into my modem. Both fielded the same results

I played both of you last season and had 0 issues

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    It's possible your gamertag is corrupt...try deleting and recovering it.

6. LSUTRUTH

I will try that. Any other options. When I leave and come back to the franchise there are always missing players on the depth chart. Could this be a factor?

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    That's weird

8. LSUTRUTH

Thats part of what i dont understand. I have never had connection issues. This season has been terrible for me. Only 3 games have been played in 1 shot. Everything else has been more than 3 attempts

9. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

LSUTRUTH try playing some ranked/unranked games and see if you can get all the way through them. This would eliminate it being a connection issue. If you get disconnected during those games, perhaps it's packet loss, and you need to call your ISP.

10. LSUTRUTH

I have no idea what Packet Loss is

I have played Ranked games since this has occurred and they have been finished

fuzzyl0gic

11. Keller

The CPU rearranges your depth chart when no one controls the team.

You could definitely be missing some sort of weird positional requirement. Triple check EVERY position, making sure you've got enough players and what not. Pay particular attention to injuries.

12. LSUTRUTH

Only one player hurt a CB. In the LB section my LOLB and ROLB will have a player at number1 on the chart then a blank space then another player at number 3 on the chart. I have signed LB trying to fix this no answer maybe I will pick up one more and try

Edit: I signed 2 LB. I left and came back still to find the void at LB stated above

13. Keller

I already told you the CPU will shuffle your depth chart when you leave. Just make sure its set before you try and play a game.

14. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

The empty slots in the depth chart is just the EA server setting your line-up for you.

I had a connection issue that took forever to track down. Once I figured it out though I have had no issues. My house uses a wireless thermostat (Honeywell) and everytime the electric pilot went into action I would lose internet connection. Apparently everytime the thermostat would tell the EP to fire up it would interfere with my internet connection and the loss of packets was enough to get diconnected from games. It was such a short burst of interference I wouldn't lose complete internet connection everytime, but enough packet loss for interuptions. It drove me nuts trying to figure out. You could have a similar issue with grounding or a wireless device that transmitts data intermittenly causing random packet data loss. If you have an old modem/router they tend to flake out and see broadband noise (cordless phones are notorious for going bad and emitting wide band noise). In the case of the phone it would get worse on incoming calls and cause interference to susceptible devices.

Being that it's random interupts you experience, my guess is your the victim of some type of interference or grounding short. It seems some component has faltered and now the packet loss has gotten great enough the servers are removing you from games.

15. Keller

He's tried playing directly connected.

16. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

What's weird is that he can complete other online madden game modes, the disconnects just seem to happen with this OF.

17. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Who the f*** found that out for you CSI ? lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

One cold & quiet night the furnace kept coming on every 40 min. or so... and I could hear the pilot coming on. I kept getting disconnected near the end of every Madden game. It had done this in the past, but it wasn't like everygame got DC'ed, it was random in my mind. On this particular night- 5 ranked games in a row, did I start seeing a pattern. So I simply logged back on and manually turned on the heat... disconnect. I was overcome by joy when I had finally put to rest my internet issues. I don't know how many games of Madden I got a loss 40 min into a game. It always happened to disconnect me with like 2 min left in the game. I thought someone was torturing me.

19. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Try plugging into a different electrical outlet. If the washer, dryer, furnace, and a few outlets share the same power feed it could be a temporary short to the lower amp devices connected. In this situation the modem would just reset.

20. LSUTRUTH

The modem doesnt turn off. It as been in the same area for months now. I will try and change outlets. I disconnect at random points of the game. Mostly in the late 2nd or 4th quarters.

I am off tomorrow If this continues I will go and get a new modem from my provider.

21. Keller

Thats a good next step actually.

22. LSUTRUTH

Yep lagged out vs CalebMackie with 38 seconds left in the game. I will be getting a new modem today