Connection Lost Issue

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Masler, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

In the last 2 out of 3 user games I have been running into an issue. Here's how it goes

1) Invite accepted
    2) Does the usual loading stuff
    3) Message pops up saying "The connection to your opponent has been lost" before I can set to "Ready" and proceed to the game.

JCspartan2 and UofCWildcat can vouch for this. JC and I were eventually able to play but UofC and I were unable to connect. I played jello1717 between these opponents without any issue.

I have since moved into our house and switched from AT&T Internet to Comcast (which is much faster)...so I do not believe this is the problem.

Is anyone else experiencing this? If so I am hoping we can get a credible amount of people and a couple of pictures showing the specific error (I haven't yet but will if it happens again) and have the Game Changers at least file some sort of report with EA if they can.

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Custom playbooks or not?

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I used 2 CPBs in our game that played just fine.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Not

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

My most recent game with Darkwing was laggy the whole game with my QB's not throwing the ball, probably due to lag...I noticed we had the connection issue at first but once he invited me we were able to start..

I wonder if my router is the issue, it is a piece of junk..

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

MaslerBoros16

have the person send the invite, and then click play later. A guy in AM ran into this issue, and had his first user game simmed. When I played him, I decided to try play later option and it worked when we kept losing the connection when we selected play now.

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

how does play later work.. curious?

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Just like play now, click on play later, then in your team profile page, click on the game and it will take you to the game. I have never figured out why we have it, but it fixes that connection lost issue in the play now feature.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I had this issue with my opponent in Legacy and has happened a couple times when playing KillerNuts. I don't recall running into this problem in T3 so it may just depend on my opponent. Unfortunately by router and modem are no where near my TV/Xbox so my only option is using my laptop as a bridge. It works in most cases with very little lag.