Connection Problems

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by hammerhead1010, Aug 16, 2011.

1. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I've been having a terrible time with my internet since moving, but now that I think I have it ironed out and everything running smooth, I still get connection issues when playing NCAA against another human. It seems like everygame I play after two drives I can count on losing connection to my opponenet somewhere in that 3rd drive.

It happened once in my OD here and we had to sim. I don't know what the deal is though it happens when using my router or when directly plugged into the modem.

Anybody free now to try a friendly scrimmage to see if we can stay connected or something so I can hopefully iron this problem out before my OD game tonight and I'm forced to take another AP loss.

Shaun Mason feel free to chime in if you know any fixes.

2. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Also, FWIW, as I'm sitting here still surfing a demo I'm downloading on xbox frequently (probably every 3-5 minutes) gives me a notification that it has stopped downloading...? My connection is still fine though I'm surfing and no problems on the computer or anything while this is going on.

3. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

My exact problem. When I get d/c in user games, it says "you have been removed from EA servers" even though I stay connected to XBL and my internet is working fine.

4. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I cant remember what mine just said but I think it was to the lines of "Connection to oppenent has been lost." Same thing happened to Crumb and I in H4Y but we were still friggin talking in party chat.

5. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

What service do you have?

6. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I have Time Warner Cable. It's actually been more stable for the last few days. Got my game with Qwon in tonight no problems and played an uranked a little later.

7. Steamer43

Oh ok. If you have problems (anyone) call and complain. I called ATT cause I was having break ups in my connection. They couldn't fix it immediately and they docked 10 bucks off for 12 months. I only had the issue a few more times after that and haven't had it for months now.

8. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I actually got this month free as they were ironing stuff out by threating to switch providers. I was about to switch to ATT and heard about their monthly cap which could be a problem with hulu and netflix here at the apt.

9. Steamer43

monthly cap? Is that for newcomers only cause mine is unlimited. When I was having issues they said it was lack of servers or whatever to handle increased activity in my area but it seems that has been resolved in my area at least.

10. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Yea, DSL 150GB cap, UVerse comes with 250GB. Its really kinda bullshit because they're trying to choke out youtube/netflix/voip/ and other competitors.

11. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

My suggestion is definitely to call and complain. Typically ISP's keep track of how many times you reboot your modem - when I had problems I called and they literally told me I had rebooted it like 190 times since I had it - which apparently is a red flag for them.​

They can do a few things on their side to try and troubleshoot a spotty connection - including replacing your modem.​

Sure it sucks sitting on the phone and going round and round with them but once your shit is back up and running smooth you'll be like, ah, so worth it.​

12. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Good advice. I did this and ended up getting a whole month free while they fixed my internet (after threatening to leave for another provider). It's actually going good now, even though I haven't had time to try anymore games in these last few days because of my 12 hr work days.