Connection Question???

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BulldogBully, Aug 17, 2010.

1. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

Connection Question???

Do most of you connect the PS3 via the wireless card or do you hardwire connect via ethernet? I'm wireless and I notice too many connection issues or "lags" with playing online vs another user. My wireless connection is also through a router.
    Just wanted to see how the majority connected and get any suggestions that might help.

Oh! Also, I hope we can advance tonight! I'm getting a little like Hokie with being impatient...a little ansy to get my ass stomped by Bama...:(

2. brucebond

brucebond Walk On

i have a n-router, so i bought this:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Wireless-Gaming-Adapter-TEW-647GA/dp/B0024G48VA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top"]Amazon.com: TRENDnet Wireless N Gaming Adapter TEW-647GA (Black): Electronics[/ame]

also, read up on this:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/610541

3. Goose

Goose Walk On

4. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

I do wireless, but I have my wireless router and my ps3 about 6 inches apart and have never had any issues

5. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

I do wireless as well. There is some lag in the online games, but I think its more a result of the EA servers than anything. I have never had a real issue with lag playing other PS3 games online like MW2. As long as your signal strength is good, I don't think there is any difference between wired and wireless.

6. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

7. Goose

Goose Walk On

The only game that I really get lag on is EA's Battlefield Bad Company 2.

8. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

btw...speaking of other games, BYU...what the heck is fat princess?

9. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

Hardwired

10. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

GOOSE!!!! You play that??? Hit me up I'd love to get a game in. I've never played with someone i know on there. I just let the cpu pick my squad.

11. mbmonk

mbmonk Walk On

I now use wired. I used wireless for a long time, but inconsistent performance forced me to try different techonology in order to get a wired connection.

I am currently using powerline ( computer data pass through the existing electrical wiring of my house ) and I tried MOCA ( computer data through TV Coax Cable ) but it didn't work well enough for me. Both technologies have their problems and limitations but it was cheaper than paying someone to wire my house. That was going to be a really nasty and expensive project.

12. Goose

Goose Walk On

Check out http://teammp.net/forum/

It's a clan for parents that don't have a lot of time to play so they're not all lvl 50. They have alot of tips and it's not just for BC2 it's also MW2, RDR. It's a real cool place.

13. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

Check it out. Its hilarious. My boys love it because all three can play at the same time and they get to run around killing people. My wife is not to fond of the killing and feeding the princess cake to make her fat, but it keeps them entertained.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Princess[/ame]

14. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

thanks i will def check it out!

15. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

lmao, i might have to download that

16. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

My boys played the demo for months and then last week PSN reduced the price from $15 to $7.50, so I gave in. It's pretty funny to watch.