Consolation Playoff Tournament

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Consolation Playoff Tournament

I thought about putting on Consolation Tournament for the teams that do not make the playoffs. Might help keep their interest while the OMFL Playoffs are going on.

Heres my idea:

I will ask any owner that thinks he will not make the playoffs to post that they are willing to participate. Once playoff teams are decided I will immediately make a bracket for the teams that are interested in playing. The games will have to take place outside of the dynasty using the regular easports unranked game format. Owners will play with the teams they have in this franchise. The rosters will be different due to the updates. It will be single elimination using the same rules as in the OMFL.

The time for getting games in will have to be pretty quick so the bracket wont fall behind our actual OMFL playoffs.

I will come up with a signature pic that will be awarded to the winner and they can carry that in their profile as the champion of the "Best of the Rest" tourney..

I had a thought of making the top non-playoff teams play each other early in the bracket and the teams with the worst records play each other. This way the underdogs get a chance to make it pretty far..

thoughts or ideas...??

2. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

sounds like a great idea jeremy...

3. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I like it. Anything to spawn or keep interest in the league is a must.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I think it's a good idea. I also think that we could get people to create their teams via the create team tool and adjust them to meet their current team's stats and actually use their real teams in the playoff setup. I know I would if I were participating.

5. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I thought about that winuvas. I just didnt think most owners would put the time in to do this. But it would be ideal for all the participating teams to all have correct rosters. We could just make it mandatory and owners that do not want to do it just wont be able to participate in the tournament.
    I will probably just make a thread in the forum about this to guage interest. Nate and a couple others havent chimed in yet but it can always close the thread if there is objections.

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Sounds like a plan, man.

7. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

Great Idea Jeremy

8. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

sounds great. we always done these in the pc version of the OMFL. its called the toliet bowl. always a blast!