Constructive Criticism

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by RynoAid, Apr 16, 2011.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

Please, if you have something negative to say about EA SPORTS or their sports titles, I expect it to be done constructively. Also, if you've made a point before.. please don't continue repeating your displeasure over and over in multiple threads. We get it, you don't like certain things.

Look, we play EA SPORTS games on this site, without that fact... we don't exist. It's easy to forget that, but I'm very aware of that at all times. We also interact with EA on a lot of levels and they value our feedback, so try and provide substance to help move the games forward... not spite and anger.. that will not improve anything.

think about it.

• Like Like x 13
  2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    somewhere, Gators slams his computer...lmao...

• Like Like x 2
  3. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

Understood

4. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Well said

5. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Maybe it's my age but I really don't understand why people b*tch and moan so much about a video game. I do not know how many copies of NCAA and Madden that EA sells but given it's probably in the millions, there is no way they can make everyone happy. As a consumer you have a couple of choices if you do not like the game

A.) Do not buy it
    B.) Buy it and complain about what you would do different
    C.) Buy it and make it better (which very few people have the capital to do)
    D.) Buy it and enjoy it.

Personally, I enjoy the game each year it comes out just for shits and giggles. I remember Tecmo bowl as a kid and that continues to be my point of reference for video games along with Kombat on the Atari 2600, Kontra on Nintendo. The list goes on and on.

Ryno - Hopefully this was not considered a bitch session I just wanted to type

@smlVICTORIES53 and @BDSDIGITAL along with @Bl0ndeRedHead are used to my dissertations after a few drinks. If you draft me, this is what you have to look forward to along with some rudimentary artwork :)

P.S. When's the draft :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    The people who complain incessantly seem to forget that games are developed by normal people, with normal abilities, pushed to create based on a vision they don't get to control. Who honestly thinks that the developers at EA decide to get up, brush their teeth and go into work and do less than the best they can?

People say, "Write a new engine", when they have no idea how to even explain in English the basics of many football concepts, let alone implement it in code. If anyone thinks I am wrong, here is a sample problem:

Take throwing a pass. What inputs go into the throw...how do you determine where it will end up based on those inputs, and how do you determine where the ball is at any moment of time in it's flight?

That is a BASIC problem they have to solve. It gets much, much harder than that, because football is very, very complicated.

People say, "Throw more people/money at it." That doesn't work. Adding more people to a development team is like adding people when you are trying to make dinner...you have diminished gains because people get in each other's way, you have the time required for new members to get up to speed on the codebase, etc. The old programming addage is: "Nine women can't make a baby in a month."

It's easy to be critical. People who can't do are often critical of people who can. I know they are doing their best, and that's enough for me. No one plays these games on here because they love the game...they play because the love the people here. Honestly, how long would you have played NCAA '11 if all you had was offline dynasty?

• Like Like x 4
  7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I agree with this 100%.

The people who are bitching now are the same ones that will spend more than half their time in NCAA 2012 bitching about the new game. If you hate EA so much, don't support them by buying their games.

8. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    A.) I'm sure there is an an aeronautical engineering question that will answer the first question. I am sure that wind speed, the diameter of the ball, coefficient of friction and all of that other goodness impacts where the ball ends up
    B.) Nine women can't make a baby in a month but giving all 9 of them the hibbidy hibbidy can be fun

lol Ok with that off to bed i go

• Like Like x 1
  9. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

3, maybe 4 seasons. I love the game for the comeraderie I get from being in a good OD with good people.

10. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

As long as they have dreds in, I'm all gravy.

11. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

IF YOU BASH EA SPORTS I WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND BEAT YOUR FUCKING ASS

**I feel that's pretty constructive**

• Like Like x 1
  12. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Iron Mickey

lmao...i thought that would have an effect

14. KnightNoles

[​IMG]

15. Iron Mickey

[​IMG]

16. KnightNoles

17. Iron Mickey

18. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

What did you do, hack my photobucket account and take every gif I have?

19. Joe_THEDREAM

Joe_THEDREAM Living a dream

For me personally, my problem is the old gen games were better than the new gen stuff. '03 was the best balanced game there was, imo. If they kept what they've done in the past, instead of mascot games, and presentations that most people have seen 1-2 times, they'd be in good shape. So, when you've done it in the past, working with less abilities, whats stopping you from doing it now? Excuses imo. After a while the excuses and rationalization gets old, and leads to people not being "constructive" when criticizing ea. But the good news is, the prices will continue to rise for the games.

Online Dynasty is the greatest thing they've created for this game. It's a great addition. Outside of that... I haven't seen much on the PS3 system. How they rolled out '07 (I believe that was the everyone be WVU and run around with pat white year) and called that acceptable is beyond me, therefore, EA has lost all credibility with me. Them also porting the ps3 version in, and it having lag is completely unacceptable and a slap in the face to the entire fan base. It's terrible. Honestly, if I worked for EA and was associated with '07 or the PS3 version of this game, i'd fire myself.

How do you have the dynasty.easports.com site so buggy for so long? How do you think that is acceptable? Why do you not have scrambling QBs scramble when I sim a game, or play the cpu? Why is the option broken but worked on last gen?

I could go on and on.

On a side note: Save the PS3 bashing for another thread.

• Like Like x 1
  20. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

My thing is people who bash the game year in & year out, are not forced to buy the game. You buy NCAA 09, bash it to shit & then go out & buy NCAA 10. The process continues with NCAA 11, 12, 13 etc.....Here an idea wiz kids......rent b4 you buy. If you hate NCAA 11 & bashed it to pieces & then soon as NCAA 12 drops its a 1st day purchase for you, then you are the fool. If your tired EA & their lack of commitment to NCAA then don't buy the game.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    This

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    This is just more of people not understanding development. When you move to a new system, you have to re-write the code. It isn't like you can copy and paste a bunch of stuff, change "system"=PS2 to "system"=Xbox360 and you are good to go. The problem is amplified by the switch to PS3, where development is much, much different than in the past. They don't PORT games from Xbox to PS3...they write them side by side.

23. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Many games are actually written and ported over to the PS3. NCAA doesnt fully take advantage of PS3 architecture either, but just get their 360 build to fit the PS3 version...

The other issue @IMBOSSY is that 03 wasnt a very balanced game. That was before online play when everyone would quickly get exposed to all the glitches. NCAA was bad almost every year with some almost game breaking issue. One year it was the bombs being money almost every pass, then the one with stone hand receivers and tons of dropped passes, then there was the slowdown one where the HB was stuttering and the play was slow and laggy to start.

24. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Eh, it's easy to complain.

There's not many constructive things you can say if the servers are down the only time you can play your user game for the week or if you lose time on that 5 star because the dynasty site bugged out.

It's tough to be constructive if you just got jobbed because of a really frustrating aspect of the game, like the linebackers jumping super high or you threw a pick because you threw the ball while your receiver was making his break so he got overthrown massively, or the opposing QB just broke tackles from your All American DT and DE then went on to pick up a bunch of yards.

When most people are bashing EA, it's usually misguided or heat of the moment... or both. But, looking at the bigger picture...

EA servers are not as bad as 2ks. Maintenance is necessary.
    The Online Recruiting is still a work in progress.
    If the linebackers didn't jump super high, you would never be able to use zone because it would be even worse than it is now.
    The last is RNG and that exists everywhere.

NCAA is a great series, and a great game. Obviously, the people working don't set out to create a bad product. Believe it or not, to a lot of people, they enjoy doing what they do and take pride in it. It's not just for the money like that grumpy guy working at K-Mart who you can tell got high before coming in that day.

In the end though, bashing of the game designers is going to happen. It's simply human nature. We're egotistical and want to blame others for stuff that goes wrong - flaws in the game are the easiest to point out. This game will never be perfect. No game based on anything that happens in real life will be perfect. Therefore, people are always going to be unhappy about aspects of the game and will voice them in negative ways. Everyone does it from time to time.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Iron Mickey

I love you....