Content for 2011 - Some ideas

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Content for 2011 - Some ideas

Guys, here are some things I'd like people to volunteer to be in charge of:

• Recruiting Analysis - I'm thinking something along the lines of analyzing the top 5 or so at each position, plus analyzing some of the 3-4 star underrated guys and maybe calling out some of the overrated 5 star guys. I think this would also include analyzing at the beginning of each season (starting with season 2) the incoming recruiting class for each user team. This may be a 2 person job, but the upside is it will force you to look deeper into recruiting, which is never a bad thing. (Jman/Shino)
    • User vs User Game Analysis - This would involve just a brief write up on each user vs user game, highlighting the keys for victory for each team. Year one this will likely be a bit generic, but as we get into years 3-4, everyone will have a better idea of how each coach plays and it can be more in-depth. (Bravejaf)
    • User Power Rankings - Just what it sounds like. This could start week 1 or maybe not until week 6 or so, after a bunch of games have been played. (Pepperklink)
    • Coach of the Year - Again, kind of self explanatory, but I think this shouldn't just go to the coach of the highest ranked team, but should factor in results vs expectations. In other words, if OSU or Texas or Oklahoma wins the BCS title, that should guarantee them the Coach of the Year, since they are all top 10-15 and expectations are that they contend for a title. I'm not saying that the coach of one of those teams couldn't win it, just that this shouldn't be like the coach of the year shams you see in many sports.

Obviously, this isn't all inclusive, and if anyone has anything specific they want to provide content-wise go for it. But I think these are all pretty necessary for us to have quality content for our dynasty.

Late additions:
    - Yearly MVP (BDS)

2. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I'd love to help with or do the recruiting thing...might be tough to do all by myself during actual football coaching season, but thereafter I could handle it solo easy peasy.

3. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I can do the power rankings

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I'll take a crack at user vs user game analysis. I'm already doing recruiting based stuff for Legacy and C2C so I should branch out a bit.

Dru, are you planning to do an MVP award like you have in Coast to Coast?

5. Shino45

Shino45 Walk On

I will definitely dive deep on recruits and recruiting updates for T3.

6. Dru50

I'd like to have an MVP for T3, although I'm hoping that maybe one of you guys will step up and take ownership of it (I'll be doing it for T2 and the Experience probably solo). If nobody wants to I'll take care of it, but that's a good way to contribute your required content and it really only needs to be done 2-3 times a season.

7. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'll do that if you want.

8. Dru50

Nice - thanks man.

I'll update the first post to reflect whose committed to doing selected content.

9. BDSDIGITAL

No sweat, that has cake written all over it :D

10. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Well currently, Coast2Coast owns the rights to Perry's Drunken Predictions but I'll think of something I can do

11. Papa Perry

I'll take on Coach of the Year. Also, how about a yearly All-Trifecta Team. Basically just by taking stats of players' performances in UvU games. I'll sift through and pick the top 3 to 5 and post their stats per game and allow everyone to vote. Also other ideas:

- Hall of Fame (My thought is that user's nominate there own players and then everyone votes and we take the top 5. Also we construct certain achievments that make player automatic. Like 2 Heisman's or certain broken records)
    - User Players of the Week (Not trying to push more work on someone but I think the guy who does the Yearly MVP could probably do this)

12. BDSDIGITAL

I could handle that.

13. Papa Perry

*Sigh of relief* I gotta say I expected a smartass comment from you on that

14. Dru50

I will take care of the hall of fame and will post some thoughts on it tonight.

15. Papa Perry

Ok. What about the All-Trifecta Team? Good idea or no?

16. Dru50

All-Trifecta Team = great idea

17. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Good stuff, like I said, I'll help where I can whilst in actual coaching football season and thereafter I can take ALOT more on.

18. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

[​IMG]

The Trifecta edition of Girls of the Big Ten will be posted within the next two weeks...

19. Dru50

There's the beazus we know and love.(y)

20. Dru50

Here are my thoughts on the T3 Hall of Fame:

At the beginning of each season, beginning with season 2, I will select 8-10players for the T3 Hall of Fame Ballot. Each coach will have up to 3 votes to issue for a player they deem to be worthy of enshrinement (you will not have to use all 3 votes). The voting is a simple 'yes' or 'no' and will be public, in a separate HOF thread, to enable discussion and lobbying for your guy(s). The voting will be completed by mid-season.

To gain entrance into the Hall, a player will need to receive 'yes' votes from at least 75% of the coaches in T3 (or 9 out of 12 coaches). I'm not a mathmetician but I believe that will mean no more than 5 or 6 players could enter the Hall in any given year.

To have a player be eligible for the Hall, each coach will need to ensure that he has the following:
    • A saved photo from the game of the player.
    • The players career stats, as well as any team or NCAA records held.
    • A list of awards won by the player.

I will admit I'm a hard-case when it comes to a Hall of Fame, and I think less is more. It should be hard to get in, and only the best of the best should even be considered.

What do you guys think?

21. BDSDIGITAL

I think I'm going to do a preseason MVP watch list....I can't do it today but I could probably do it tomorrow. Or would that be overkill?

22. Dru50

I think that is a great idea. I used to do that, the preseason list is pretty easy, since you don't have to focus much on stats.

23. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

[​IMG]

(y)

24. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I will do whatever needs to be done. Just ask

25. Dru50

Come on Twist, step out of your comfort zone and tell us what content you'd LIKE to add. How about college cheerleaders you'd like to **** the **** off of (those who know Twist can fill in the blanks).:D