Content for 2011

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Dru50, May 30, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Content for 2011

I'd like to do an annual MVP award in next years OD, similar to what i've done in C2C. The award is driven more off of performance in user games and contibution to team success rather than just stats, and would be voted on by the group.

I'd also like to volunteer to put together a hall of fame, with people nominating players for consideration and then voted on by the group.

Shaun, would you be ok with that?

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

As long as it doesn't make people stat whores, I think it is a good idea.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Ehh. People are already stat whores in this league. And that's funny coming from the guy with 1900+ yards rushing and 31 carries per game with his top HB.

4. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Oh boy.

I nominate Christian Ponder.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Dru, I am fine with both, as long as they are:

1) Are voted on by the whole of the dynasty
    2) I have veto if I am offended by someone's stats. (This from the guy with a 2,000 rushing QB):)

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

The way I've done the MVP is to narrow down to 5 finalists based mainly on the players contribution to the teams success and their impact in user games (e.g.-guys who only put up stats in CPU games tend to fall out of the race, I refer to them as the 'paper tigers'). The finalists are then voted on by every person in the OD, with votes cast for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place with the only other rule being that you can't vote for your own guy. I usually post updates on candidates at midseason so we can all get an idea of what people are doing.

My thoughts on the hall of fame are that people can nominate up to 2 players each offseason, and then I will compile relevant information for the group to vote on. I envision a 'yes' or 'no' vote with each owner only able to vote for maybe 4 or 6 players and that a player would need 75% of the votes to be inducted.

Obviously as commish Shaun would have right of first veto for any player in either award.

7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Sounds like a great way to do it Dru! I'm down