Content for Season 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mr2Bits, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I think this is a great league. We do a lot of quality stuff. If I had to grade our content, I would give us a B+/A-. For the most part, it is pretty good. With that being said, we need to pick that aspect of our game up and move into the A+ level. Basically, we should be advancing almost every 24 and have something nice to read (just a small blurb) every 24. I am going to list what we have, and be honest in my assessment (this is meant to be constructive)

1. Bits - SEC Blog (best Blog in the league - with featured contributions from Maximus)
    2. Jerzey - Big Ten Blog (with featured contributions from Ben) & about 20 other things
    3. Maximus - Gambling Thread, Stats, & Award Winners (does a great job with these)
    4. Jvig - ACC Blog (with featured contributions from forever - good content, but needs to be more consistently updated)
    5. Boondock - Big East Blog (liked the proto-type)
    6. ticket - Big XII Blog (with featured contributions from Drunken - some good features, but like the ACC Blog, your readership craves more) & the Press Room
    7. Tubb - power rankings (I know they are tough to do. You can think about a new content idea for next year if they are too much. I think we only saw one edition of them in 2014)
    8. nkmi - needs a content area of his own
    9. f4 - needs a content area of his own
    10. forever - at one time we had "Forever's Corner," but I think that became the ACC Blog
    11. Drunken - needs a content area of his own
    12. Ben - needs a content area of his own

Recommendations: ticket takes the Big XII blog and someone takes The Press Room. There should be a few pressers every week

Possible content ideas: 1. All America Player of the Week
    2. Heisman Watch
    3. Contender / Pretender
    4. User Team Bowl Projections
    5. Conference Power Rankings (SEC, bitches!)
    6. Recruit of the week
    7. Game of the Week

Content expectations for Y6: Content should be updated every week. This doesn't mean you have to write a novel, but there should be something with every advance.

A huge help for me is using the dynasty wire. Most of the time I do not even fire up the PS3 to do content. That doesn't work for everything, but stats, schedules, records, rosters, and the top 25 can give you plenty of material for a quick write up.

Please post your 2015 content here.

2. f4cekha0s_OLD

f4cekha0s_OLD Banned

I could do PAC 10 and something else.

3. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Yo know Power rankings are tough because you have to be fair but sometimes being to fair will hurt your ability to do the rankings. For Example.

2. A
    7. B

If team B beats team A in week 5. Team B will fill like it deserves to be higher than team A. What if team A's record drops them to 4 and team B's new record pushes them up to 6?

Next season I will do a power rankings but I will do it like a top-25 poll. That way if you beat a higher rated team you don't jump from 11 to 1 in one week. You have to earn your way to the top.

4. f4cekha0s_OLD

f4cekha0s_OLD Banned

you could do your ranking and then do a "fan vote" . Then average the two together to establish the spots.

5. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

fan vote is way too bias lol....

6. f4cekha0s_OLD

f4cekha0s_OLD Banned

fair enough.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Are we moving away from everyone contributing to their conference blogs? I think we just needed to make a schedule and that would of been fine. I would really prefer Ben to help me with the Big 10 blog because I can't promise I'll update that every week.

8. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

It had limited success last year. I would prefer that everyone have their own content area, but will happily concede to this so long as two people are blogging on a weekly basis. It doesn't have to be a journalistic masterpiece each week. If you get stuck, work up some helmet stickers. That takes 5 min.

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I agree. I think we should try it one more time but with more of a schedule (every other week post something). Those who fail to keep up will have scholarships deducted. The point of us doing blogs was so that we could continue playing at a fast pace. To continue with that guideline I think we should still keep it 'short but informative'. I think the Big 10 and SEC blogs were beautiful. If you look around TSO a lot of leagues borrowed some things that we did in ours and implemented into their own league's blog. If we can get all six conferences on that page we'd have something simple and fun for all.

I'll roll with anything that you decide though, just my opinion Mr. Content Manager!

10. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

That's fine with me. As long as we are getting things up to read . I have an extra free period this year and it's killing me! The pace of play is obviously important to us, and I don't want to see us do what some leagues do with the "blog" and just post summaries. A blog is informative commentary. Our league does a good job of creating a narrative to go along with the gameplay. It is part of what makes the league so interesting.

So, I'm cool with two people handling a blog as long as they are both working on it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

We'll have to have everyone on the same page for it though. I think we have the group to do it.

12. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I like that. Also, this might be something you work on every few weeks. That in conjunction with a Pac-10 Blog with F4, and I think you're good to go.

13. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I agree.

14. ticketp1

ticketp1 Walk On

I'll make sure and step up the Big 12 Blog.

15. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

definitly agree. Schedule will be tight for the next 3 months for me but I will be doing the ACC blog once every 4 days.

16. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

f4, go ahead and set up the Pac 10 Blog.

17. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

I'll do the conference power rankings. I will try with every advance to keep up.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Ill do the Heisman watch! A lot of Jared Stanley, hehe

+ i'll chip in with the Big12 Blog

• Like Like x 1
  19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I'll continue to do my Rivals-like recruit pics but I'm putting them all in the Recruit Talk thread... hopefully I can find some recruits that spark some interest this year... Week 1's Recruit will be the number one player on the board

20. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I will do game of the week

21. f4cekha0s_OLD

f4cekha0s_OLD Banned

Oh btw, if anyone needs graphics for a blog or content I am your guy.

• Like Like x 1
  22. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

@Face
    What do you mean graphics? Could you whip me something up for Heisman watch. If not ill just use a picture of the Trophy.

23. f4cekha0s_OLD

f4cekha0s_OLD Banned

24. ticketp1

ticketp1 Walk On

Call me stupid, but I'm on a mac and can't seem to figure out how to save images from dynasty wire and put them into summaries. I can save the image to my desktop, but then can't get it onto summaries. The image tab asks for a URL and my image isn't saved under a URL.​
    Any help here???​

25. f4cekha0s_OLD

f4cekha0s_OLD Banned

upload to photobucket and use the image link.