CONTENT HOW TO'S

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Danthraxxx, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Ok guys later on I will show some examples on how to do a post game re-cap , team previews as well as how to post youtube highlight vids if you so chose.

These things can be hard to get right if you are new to the site and not tech savvy, as I am not myself. I got a lot of help from the commish of my first OD on how to do these things.

Another great idea for learning how things work here is to just look around, go browse some premier OD to see what they do to get some ideas. You do not need to be too elaborate , as some guys in premier leagues do some really involved things. However ,DO NOT POST IN A LEAGUE THREAD YOU ARE NOT IN. This won't get you reprimanded too harshly but it will make you look like a tool & irritate membrers of that league.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  2. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Ok boys I have copied a good review of a user game to use as an example of how to recap a game. When playing the CPU I still expect a re-cap, I know CPU games are not usually as exciting but put something basic about the game and some game facts , that should be fine.

Gophers and Spartans play an instant classic in East Lansing!

This game started slowly with both teams trading punts to start the first quarter until the Spartans managed a FG to go up 3-0. MSU started the second quarter with a TD drive to extend the lead to 10-0. The Gophers put together their first sustained drive of the day, but on 3rd and goal from the 7, Minnesota QB Parish threw an ill advised pass over the middle that was picked off my MLB Bullough in the endzone. Sparty appeared ready to seize the momentum getting the ball with 1:41 left and a 10-0 lead but two plays later Kirk Cousins threw a deep corner too short and Minnesota took over with 39 seconds left from 45 yards out. After an incompletion, HB Simpson took a draw from a 4 wide set, read his lead blocker, cut in, cut back out and raced for a 45 yard TD run, narrowing the lead to just 10-7 at the break.

Minnesota received the second half kickoff and put together a quick 6 play drive ending in a 16 yard TD scramble by Parish and giving the Gophers their first lead of the game, 14-10. The lead was short lived though, MSU would orchestrate a nine play drive and Cousins would Find BJ Cunningham from 6 yards out to retake the lead 17-14. Undeterred, Minnesota would put together a demoralizing 11 play TD drive to retake the lead at 21-17 with 6:34 remaining in the game. The Gophers defense would go out on the field and end the back and forth drives with a stout 3 and out to give their offense the ball back with a 4 point advantage and just under 6 minutes to play. Parish and the Gophers would put together another long, clock chewing drive. This one was 12 plays culminating in a 1 yard TD run from the fullback with just 1:10 to play. After a missed extra point, Minnesota held a 10 point lead.

Kirk Cousins would take the field without panicking, determined to move his team downfield quickly. He found his HB on a 6 yard check down and he would get out of bounds. After an incompletion he would hook up with his favorite target, TE Linthicum (7 for 100 yards) for a 17 yard gain. On the next play cousins threw one of the prettiest passes he's had all year, dropping the ball just over the fingertips of the defender and into the arms of WR martin for a 53 yard score. Down 3 after the extra point with just 43 seconds to play MSU would attempt an onside kick, but it was not to be. The Gophers took over in MSU territory up 3 with 42 seconds to play but the Spartans had cleverly hoarded all three of their second half timeouts. Three runs and minus one yards later it was 4th and 11 with 31 seconds left. Minnesota's Orseske would drop a brilliant pooch punt inside the 10 but the ball would just barely roll into the endzone for a touchback. Senior signal caller Kirk Cousins trotted on the field with 25 seconds left to save a season, had no timeouts and had 80 yards between him and the endzone. Cousins seemed undaunted by the situation and calmly found former QB now WR Keith Nichol on a corner route for 19 yards and out of bounds. He would again hook up with Nichol on a post pattern this time for 30 yards. MSU rushed to the line of scrimmage and snapped it and Cousins was looking for big play threat BJ Cunningham deep on the outside but the Gophers safety had the same idea jumping to the outside, Cousins second read was Nichol one more time, this time on a go route up the seam, with the safety outside Nichol had great position and pulled down a clutch (user) catch for 28 yards to the 2 yard line with just 7 seconds left. Thinking quickly, cousins elected not to spike the ball and send the game to overtime and instead called a play as they rushed to the line. WR Keyshawn Martin took a middle screen and turned upfield dragging a gopher corner into the endzone with 3 seconds remainind and Spartan stadium erupted as MSU somehow, some way had found their way back on top in this contest. A squib kick would tick off the final 3 seconds and MSU would walk away with a 31-27 win over a Minnesota team that looked utterly devastated.

Player of the game honors go to Kirk Cousins. He's been the teams leader all year and he was brilliant when it mattered most. In the final 1:05 of this contest he completed 7 of 8 passes for 155 yards and 2 TDs. For the game he had 318 yards and 3 TDs plus another TD on the ground.

[​IMG]

great game @ joe coach
    there is no way I should have won this, when you scored your last TD I was devastated, feeling like it was over and counting all of my mistakes and preparing my concession speech. That spread running game with the zone read is nifty, much less predictable and tough to stop than what you did when we played last.

3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

This here is an example , and a good one , of a team preview. With this being a new league for new members I do not expect a 9 page report here but team previews are required, do something similar to this and you will be fine.

North Carolina Tar Heels Football Preview

Offensive scheme: UNC will be adopting the spread option in 2012
    Defensive scheme: TBA (4-3 or 4-2-5)

[​IMG]
    Impact player HB Giovanni Bernard

Offensive outlook: The Tar Heels boast several explosive football players on offense. Anchored by an offensive line that consists of two pre-season all ACC players in Jonathon Cooper and James Hurst, this seasoned unit should be successful. Giovanni Bernard, who rushed for over 1200 yards last season, will be the unit’s impact player. Bernard was a 1st team freshman All American last season, so it’ll be interesting to see how his talents translate in the new offense. The WR corps is steady: Erik Highsmith and TJ Thrope lead a unit that should fit into the new offense well. The loss of Dwight Jones to the NFL will hurt, but it’s nothing the offense can’t overcome.

Offensive question mark: Who will be the quarterback? Bryn Renner had a record setting season for the Heels, but is more of a pocket passer. Marquise Williams, a RS Freshman from Mallard Creek, NC, has looked sensational this spring. Williams has a skill set more conducive to running the spread, as he’s very mobile and has a stronger arm. This competition will be intense.

Defensive outlook: The Heels have had incredible amounts of talent on the defensive side of the ball over the last few years. Robert Quinn, Marvin Austin, Zach Brown, Quinton Coples, and a host of other high draft picks have departed, leaving this unit relatively inexperienced. Having said that, UNC still has some difference makers on this side of the ball. there are still some gamechangers on the defensive side of the ball left MLB Kevin Reddick is a preseason All ACC player who will anchor the unit, while DT Sylvester Williams and DE Kareem Martin will solidify a good front 7.

[​IMG]
    Veteran LB Kevin Reddick will lead the defense

Defensive question mark: Which defense will we run? The man alignment issues in the 4-2-5 might be a bit much for me to look past, but I really want to see if I can make this defense work. If not, I will fall back on the old and steady 4-3.

Season Expectations: I think winning the division will be a tall task for this team. Miami team and VaTech team are going to be really tough to beat. I’d be surprised if I beat more than one of them, and see Virginia Tech winning the coastal. I think 9 wins is the goal this season.

Circled Game: NC State. Coach Coach Joe comes highly regarded by some of his old league mates. Combine that with the fact that he is a user rival, this is my biggest game.

Recruiting Needs: The #1 priority will be to find another quarterback who fits my system. After that, I’ll need to find a suitable replacement for Giovanni Bernard, as he may leave after this year. I also need to beef up my secondary.

4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

If you want to post a video of a game highlight, here is how I do it.

9 simple steps

1. make a good play ;)
    2. save the play in "highlights" menu after the game before you quit
    3. once loaded back into the dynasty go to highlights menu , and upload the highlight
    4. go to EA's site ( easports.com/dynasty) , log in to your account and go to "media"
    5. after viewing the video select download
    6. after downloading go to your youtube channel ( if you dont have one it is free ) and upload the file
    7. after it is uploaded copy the URL directly from YouTube for the video
    8. hit the film reel/photo reel icom above in your post here at TSO, it will give an area to paste the URL and hit "embed"
    9. finish the post and hit reply (y)

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I will now open this thread in case you guys want to ask any on topic questions