Content Ideas for 2013

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Boom29, May 31, 2012.

1. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Hopefully it’s not too early, but since we’re all itching to get this dynasty started, I thought it would be a good idea to begin discussing content ideas.

Cheez
    DirtycashDylan
    Dru50
    gowazzucougs
    Jayrah
    Kapono
    MexiRican35
    recchem2000
    whygodwhy1111
    Wyrmreaver

Much to the chagrin of recchem2000 quarterbacks, I plan on bringing back the Weekly Worst feature which highlights the worst performance(s) of the week. This could be anything from an individual lowlight to a team’s defensive struggles to questionable coaching tactics.

I plan to complement the Weekly Worst with the Stat of the Week in which I will post an interesting stat or trend that catches my eye. This one is a little more time consuming, but hopefully the NCAA 13 Dynasty wire will be greatly improved as has been alluded by EA.

Also, since we’ll all be recruiting the South East heavily, time permitting, I plan on posting an interactive map of top recruits :)3stars: and above) at the beginning, middle, and end of the season (thanks Darkwing) to really allow us to visually see how things play out and who’s recruiting where.

Other ideas that come to mind (some self explanatory):

Freshman Tracker
    Defensive/Offensive Player of the Week
    Game of the Week
    Bookie’s Corner – someone can just do their analysis of user games, provides a point spread and pick a winner, Lee Corso style
    Picture/Video of the week
    Coach’s Insight – we can each take turns diagramming/detailing a play that is a staple of our offense/defense, i.e. Cheez, I Tight, HB Toss :p
    Historical Stat Tracking
    Player Profile

That's all I've got for now. Feel free to add your own, shoot down one of mine or just comment for post count's sake.

2. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

I'm thinking of trying to do a draft class tracker. See how well your class of 12 is when it comes 4 years later.

Also, something like a coach's insight. That way we can have scouting reports of each user team.

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I usually take the Freshman Focus or Watch...but end up posting half naked co-eds instead

• Like Like x 5
  4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Actually, I'll tackle the game of the week. Those should be good ones with all of us in one conference. I still try to include as many half naked ladies as I can though (y)

• Like Like x 1
  5. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I'd like to do something with recruiting. Maybe an updated recruiting rankings and a final standings with top recruit.

example

2013 Freshman Class Ratings

Rank School 5* 4* 3* 2* 1* TL
    25 Kent State 0 5 12 5 0 22
    42 Mid Tenn 1 2 8 8 1 20
    52 San Jose 0 5 5 6 3 19
    67 New Mexico St 1 1 7 4 5 13
    76 Akron 0 1 10 6 0 17
    82 Florida Atlantic 0 0 8 13 1 22
    94 UNLV 0 0 9 0 10 19
    95 Memphis 0 0 6 9 4 19
    98 New Mexico 0 0 7 4 8 19
    107 Florida International 0 0 2 13 3 18

Top Recruit-Middle Tennessee State

:5stars: WR(#8 WR/#20 overall) Courtney Graham 6'5 187 Jersey City, NJ
    B+ speed, A- acc, B route, B- catch/jump, C+ agi/carry, C CIT/release/juke
    Offered by Akron.

6. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I'll go back to what I used to do-pre-season in depth power rankings and the MVP/HOF.

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Yet another reason why we need to pick teams sooner than later Cheez. Zach needs time for proper research.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Thanks for reminding me.

ATTENTION EVERYONE!

The league is full!

Welcome the last piece to the AM puzzle: SatansAngel1104

• Like Like x 2
  9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Great news!!!

Welcome Satan!

10. Cheez

Something tells me that this is not the first time you have uttered that phrase ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

LMAO..... welcome to the league satans angel......

Now we need Cheez to give us the green light to get the initial lottery set up and announce the second pick (first pick is Kapono and FSU)

12. Wyrmreaver

Not that we need to rush. I'm still game to wait til the 16th when I have more time..... not that I don't want to get rolling now!

13. Wyrmreaver

I am not sure what I want to do, but I am a fan of great content. I did a thread titled "Lord of the Sticks" in 4th Horseman that highlighted the best offensive performance by a user player each week. Preference for the award went to user vs user games, games vs the top 20, big comebacks, etc.

14. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

You're welcome? If my schedule were to ever change, I feel like I have a second home here (y)

They are the best freshmen to focus on, so at least your doing a good job regardless Recch

15. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I plan on coming back with the "After Midnight Heisman Coaches Show" for each season where we post short & sweet thoughts and banter about our teams. Updates on injuries, victories, defeats, upcoming rivalry, past week's performances... etc. It used to be a "tweet" center in NO, but the Show sounds more classy! :)

Also I have done preseason "Athlon" type previews for our seasons before. The only problem is that we get going so fast with the season that not even half of us get to do one before we're off and running for the next season. In this case, I may just do a "Quick Preview" of your best playmakers on each side of the ball, a prediction of your most important game and where you think you will end up.

I may also come in with a special thread from time to time. I'm not sure on what all the content would entail but something where I ask each coach how things are going or lining up.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  16. Cheez

As Kapono can attest to, I'm half decent at putting spreads on games. Sets up for some epic fake fgs :)

17. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

West side v East side? Keep tabs of who has more wins in user games in games with one team from the East and one form the West.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Bumping this thread since we should be starting as soon as our last member joins...