Content Ideas

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by I Peench, Feb 23, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Alright, lets get one thing straight. I fucking love this league. I want to see more content, and want to step up and get something done. Ideas?

My initial thought is total draft coverage. I really like the draft aspect (wish it was a bit more of a crab shoot, but thats alright). I could be responsible for the draft previews (overview of positional breakdowns and strengths/weaknesses of the class), mock draft and draft recaps?

Some other ideas:

Power rankings
    POTY tracking
    Coach interviews

Give me feedback. I'd like to make this league a more enjoyable experience for all of those involved.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

People always talk a big game but rarely follow through. Im all for more content.

3. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Well I'm back from the field and have some more time while I am back, so I will work on a weekly segment probably called "The Round Table" in which I will discuss the happenings in the league and potential looks down the road as coaches on the hot seat, rumors around the league and such. If people are interested in putting in content for that especially the rumors feel free to let me know I'll include them in it. I will figure out exactly how it's going to work and this weekend I will probably debut the first episode of it. Will probably use Chris Mortensen as the host of the show, and when it gets close to draft time again I will do a draft preview, even at the end of the season I will do a couple mock drafts. If you want some content Keller feel free to let me know what you or RynoAid would like and I will do what I can to make different content for the league.

I am going to leave Power Rankings for someone else to do because it can be an easy content if you save your template and just change the rankings each week with a little write up. Someone should step up and do it. I prefer something a little more in depth and fun, especially with the rumors aspect.

4. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

i can do the coach interviews i know i failed on the weekly predictions but i really want to do something to help this lg have more content and i feel like this job will be more easier so if could do Coach interviews if that's fine with you guys

5. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Do what you want to do and that you like to do, others will get behind it, we just like content.

Oh FYI, I helped your playoff hopes with a win vs TB.

6. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Damnit. Well, how about we get together on this? We can do it like the guys in HK and combine to mock switching picks (you take one, i take one, etc). This helps because we don't have to pick for our own teams. I can help with the draft preview as well, I really want to contribute.

On top of this I'll do POTY tracking every 4 weeks or so. That work Keller? We can still make the poll at the end of the year, but this will make it easy to track players throughout the year

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

:D those words just made my day lol

8. Keller

Thats fine.

9. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I don't mind help or we can do something like a Mel Kiper and Todd McShay and each kinda do our own draft picks and compare and contrast, excluding our own picks. But probably Week 14 or 15 I will do the first preview so if you want to work on it together, get together with me on it soon.

10. The Natural

The Natural Public Enemy #1

I would love to pickup the radio show idea. Logistically how were you planning to do it? A webcast? I don't have much experience with anything like that but I'm sure I can't make it work.

I would do a weekly segment where I talk to one coach a week about various league topics. I don't have a great radio voice but I think it would be entertaining.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  11. Keller

I do skype calls and record them. Then I cutup the audio, splice in some music and voila.

12. The Natural

So you call them on their phones from skype or is it a PC to PC chat?

13. Keller

Pc

14. The Natural

Ok i'll look into a few options and see what is best.

15. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

I started the article, should be posted tomorrow at some point, if anyone has any rumors they would like to go into it feel free to send them along. Otherwise do not be offended if a rumor is put out about your team, some rumors have been submitted already and others are things I am hearing/speculation so take it for what it's worth.