Archived Content Ideas

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by I Peench, May 28, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I will be requiring content from every guy in the league. I'm not here to kill ya time wise, but I am here to create the very best atmosphere possible. Content=participation and interest. Everybody will be required to write team previews (will assing you another users team to preview), game recaps and update recruiting classes. Beyond that, I hope a lot of guys take the lead on some additional content assignments, even if you have to team up to do so.

So lets kick some ideas around for additional content. If you have anything to add/comment on, please let me know.

-Freshman of the Year/Player of the Year/Coach of the Year

-An ongoing Hall of Fame that we vote players into

-An All PFP Team Every Year (like an AA list, but only including user players)

-User Power Rankings

bawvu97
    Mike E
    MartyWebb
    Bucs
    Bulldog
    DerekC
    RedZoneD25
    Baron
    Danthraxxx
    sawemoff

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  2. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

I can do Freshman of the year and ill probably wind up doing something else. Some of my other ideas for people to do include:

-Coach or Player interviews
    - We can set up a "twitter" type thread for everybody can include tweets from coaches, players, ADs etc etc...
    - Recruiting Battles or Recruiting Spotlight highlighting a few different recruits every week or hidden gems.
    - Year of the [insert position here] where user players at a certain position are followed and kept track of .

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I'll do a "by the numbers" thread to start off prolly, I use it to be kinda a smartass while congratulating and/or ribbing people for stats like some number one defense or poor 3rd down conversion percentage. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I can do the user power rankings. As long as i can be a snarky asshole when i write ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I Peench i can do the Gameday thread each week if you don't want one i can do something else it doesn't matter to me.

6. I Peench

When you get a chance, can you dig one of these up for me? I remember them being SICK, but can't exactly remember what were on them. Also, didn't Josh help out with those? I'd want you to have some help with them. I don't care about splitting up content duties, I just want good content without killing you guys time wise. We all have busy lives

7. I Peench

JFace907 how about a podcast we could do together? Maybe 2-3 times a season

8. Bulldog

I can do them quick. I was doing them in RMG for a while and me and Josh did them in TAE along time ago.

9. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    you know if we knew our conferences we could start conference previews now with lots of pretty pictures and details since we have lots of time to kill no pressure though I Peench

10. Bulldog

11. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Besides the normal 'duties' regarding content, I wouldn't mind keeping track of in-game awards, maybe halfway through the season to start posting a leaderboard on the nominees and how their weekly performance helped or hurt them. Also wouldn't mind doing a kind of "Off the Beaten Path" to focus on some interesting numbers, statistics and records across the league that aren't our teams, to kind of keep the National Picture in focus.

12. I Peench

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Oh hell yeah

14. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Your cool factor just shot up with me lol

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

As did Peench's E-peen after your post.

16. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I have done some of this in the TMFL and enjoy doing them so I could take the reigns for these!

Here are the ones I have done:
    http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/week-4-2-minute-drill-with-chris-berman.77170/ <<< this one was just me talking to myself lol
    http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/week-1-two-minute-drill-with-chris-berman.76954/
    http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/week-16-2-minute-drill-with-chris-berman.76339/
    http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/week-15-2-minute-drill-with-chris-berman.76322/

I have also done some Player of the Week content in the OC

• Like Like x 2
  17. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I wouldn't mind doing the freshman of the year type thing. Everyone gives me a frosh they think'll have an impact and I go from there. Hopefully we can get highlights from them as the season progresses!

EDIT: Being new to Premier Leagues, is the record keeping going to be where we stash all our season records? Because I was thinking that, if not, we should have like a grid showing every user has performed against each other. Just my .02

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  18. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I would love that, even further when it's User v. User, and User v. Conference/Teams. IE: I'm 4-0 against Sun-Belt Teams, but 0-3 against ACC Teams.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bulldog

I Peench if you don't want me to do the gameday each week i can do the record keeping or anything else you need me to do.

20. I Peench

So far this is how its shaping up to me:

JFace907 Podcast (can feature different guys, coach interviews, pre-season preview, bowl preivew/season wrap up etc). More than happy to help here. Potential is really limitless, but I don't want you doing too much. We know you're a busy guy.
    Bucs I'm interested in the Twitter idea. Very interested. Let's figure this out a bit more, but I think it could be pretty freaking cool and I'd like you to oversee it. Sound good?
    Bulldog If you wish to take on the responsibility of "record keeper," that'd be awesome. I like the Gameday threads, but need a good vet to do record keeping. You can choose just let me know.
    sawemoff how about a College Gameday Fact or Fiction? Similar to what I did in TMFL
    Mike E user power rankings would be great
    bawvu97 If you could help me out wiht the spreadsheets for scholarships, that'd be most moist
    Baron Freshman of the Year/Player of the Year/Coach of the Year/Recruiter of the year??? Maybe update this 3x a season with your top five, then vote on the final.
    MartyWebb I'd like you to handle the Hall of fame if you could? ust keep track of guys throughout their career and set up polls for people to vote on. I can help if need be.
    derek C I like your idea "by the numbers" idea

Great to see this kind of participation. This is why people covet premier leagues. We need th is type of commitment/content. I want everyone doing something they enjoy doing, and again, don't wish to kill anyone time wise. Feedback is always welcomed.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  21. Bulldog

I Peench record keeping isn't that bad i would want something else to do throughout the season. I don't know about gameday i mean i like it but it takes forever to do and if we are advancing fast there is no way i could do one every week.

I was thinking maybe i could do a freshman watch like do a little write-up on the freshman of the week or something.

22. I Peench

Ok. Let's see how everything shakes out and how guys respond, then you can choose something else you find fun/interesting.

23. Bulldog

24. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Ohhhh I like it. Hall of Fame, studying the numbers, that is right in my wheelhouse.

25. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    what kind of data do you want to track uncle I Peench