Content Organization

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Dude, Jan 19, 2012.

1. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

For the new guys:

Bassically, we organize content into just two threads. We have a blog, and a recruiting trail. The blog is kind of a catch all for daily business. We post summaries there, we talk a bit of smack there, etc. But when things turn towards recruiting, we start posting in the recruiting trail thread, which is where news of big signings and such go.

That's basically it. The idea is to make it as low maintenance as possible, so busy guys can get the most out of the content areas without feeling like they have to "do work" to maintain their own thread or read and respond to threads kept by eleven other guys.

Now, this one-stop-shop also makes it easy to slack, as the content by active guys can make us forget who has and hasn't posted any game film in a few weeks, but still, it works well, and the thread is always pretty active. Just try not to slack to the point where I need to get in touch. I have no hardcore "every week" kind of requirements, but a fair level of activity (and I think we all know what that is) should be easy to keep up with under this system.

Now, if anyone has a kind of content they might want to add or run themselves, speak up and we can add it, but the basic setup revolves around those two primary threads.

Post any questions if you have them. Nice to have you guys here.

2. biggcoug65

biggcoug65 49er for Life

I don't know how to post videos from games...also, as far as content goes, I usually like to have sort of a catchall place for all things Cougar football. In the Pride, I have a Cougar Football Saturday's post that I maintain after each game, and it has game summaries and recruiting stuff. So I was thinking I could do that here too, just call it Cougar Corner, if that is ok.

3. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

glad to be here, looking forward to it

4. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Anyone who wants to more than we ask for is certainly welcome to do so. I'd be happy to sticky a thread for you when the next season starts. Maybe I'll even put one of my own next to it.