Content Rules

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Twister18, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Content is all-important part of being part of the Tradition site. Also if a member aspires to be premier, ala join a premier league, you will be expected to not only play your games on time but add insight and Extras as well. The Huddle will get ya prepared for that.

1. Team previews will be made before the first game. Explain your start and up and coming players, etc. Give a starting lineup, etc.

2. Post your number of scholarships available. If you don't understand the rules on it, just ask. I am going to allow to recruit to 71 to allow cutting a walkon or an underachieving player. Make sure you dont have recruiting help from the CPU on. I found out the hard way and lost most of my OL when the CPU did my cuts for me.

3. Game Summaries: The Winner should post a detailed summary of the game between 2 users. A short paragraph and the score is good for CPU games. I would also like to see the stats of the Offensive and defensive players of the game. The loser of the user game is also encouraged to add some input or a highlight or 2 as well

4. Recruit posting: Please post your recruits added every few weeks, especially after a huge week!! I use snipping tool to copy it to photobucket, ie..

Here is a good example: http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/season-9-recruiting-boards.51597/

Extras!!

User prediction thread: Twist
    Power Rankings:
    Freshman Watch:
    Recruiting Spotlight:
    Heisman Watch:

Please add any other coategories you would like to see.

2. ajtev21

ajtev21 Walk On

3. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

I'm totally lost on the recruit limits, can I not sign 25 players every year? Maybe you could explain the rules to me.

4. Twister18

Example: Your team has 15 seniors and your team is at the 70 limit: You have 15 schollies to give. After those 15 guys are signed then you remove the players with schollies off your board.

We are going to have a 71 limit or a 1 buffer, which will be used to cut underperforming players, etc.

Here are some other examples:

15 seniors = 16 schollies (with the 1 buffer)
    15 seniors but you lose 2 to the draft so you will have 2 extra schollies to give in the offseason: 15 + 1 buffer + 2 = 18 total schollies given during the year.

Based on your seniors + 1 buffer is what you want to pay attention to during the season.

5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

A lot of leagues do this to help the cpu. Its hard to keep the cpu competitive when each user team is getting 25 of the best recruits in the country.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

Okay, I guess this makes recruiting even more difficult. You have to be even more selective about who you go after in recruiting. I'm an ace recruiter though, so no worries!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Twister18

Awesome!! I will have some competition!!:D

8. PSUEagle

PSUEagle Walk On

I'll bet neither of you guys have anything on Nyydus. That dude is one of the best recruiters I have ever seen: he put together elite classes at schools like Clemson and Tennessee competing against users at USC, Texas, and UF.

Watch: Kansas State will end up with the highest ranked class amongst users our first season.

9. Twister18

that is awesome!!! gotta love some competition!!! i used to have KSU in another dynasty. Pretty good pipelines but having a user in kansas is a bear.

10. Twister18

Who else wants to do special content. Check some of the forums for ideas.

11. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

Doesn't the game already do Power Rankings with the top 25 poll? And a Heismen watch as well? How would what you want be any different then what the game already does?

12. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Power rankings done by human are better. Unless we do tough sliders, user games are likely the hardest to win matches. The CPU won't factor that into the polls.

Say there are 2 undefeated teams at like 6-0. User 1 has only played a medium ranked user while user 2 has beated 2 or 3 fairly highly ranked human opponents. Depending on CPU matches and pre-season rankings, user 1 may still be higher in the CPU polls but power rankings might be different.

Not the best example but can't come up with a good one at the moment.

13. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

Okay, gotcha! I would be down to do the power rankings.

14. timroy85

timroy85 Walk On

I was planning on doing life after college stuff with Madden. Where everyone's seniors get drafted, stat/award updates, etc.

If you want me to do something different or something before Madden comes out, let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  16. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

Thanks dude!

17. TN_Mike

TN_Mike Walk On

Any trophies going to be involved in this dynasty? Conference trophy, National Championship, recruiting, etc. Might add a little something to the dynasty.