Content Threads

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Each season, we set up a number of threads that will be in place for that season. Typically, I ask representatives from each conference to post these, just so it doesn't look like every thread is started by the commish. The threads can be blank - they're just placeholders for now. It represnets our level of activity better if many guys are starting threads. Here are the thread titles I need:

2012 SEC Blog (SEC member please post)
    2012 Pac 12 Blog (Pac 12 guy post)
    2012 Big Ten Blog (Big 10 guy post)

I will be adding a fourth called:

2012 Recruiting Trail (or perhaps something a bit more clever)

General content, like game summaries and good-natured smack talk will go in these threads. Once we get them up, I'll announce an award system for the thread considered the "best" at the end of the season. We will likely vote on this, or do it by small committee. I'm in a conference, so I don't want to make the call, at least not alone.

Any other content ideas are welcome. This is simply a general framework that has worked well in the past, so we're going to keep it until we come up with something better. If you want your own thread for you own specialized content, feel free - just know that I'll expect it to be kept up, and reserve the right to take down anything that's gathering dust.

Thanks guys. Nice to be back in the swing.

P.S. - Once the threads are up, feel free to kick things off with a team preview or something. Mine will be epic, as coach Griffin will likely trim his roster in significant ways right from the start. Look for the rumors shortly.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

I am going to post the Sim Nation Gambling Game. More details will follow in that thread as we get closer to the start of our season. Because I'm posting that one I'll have another Pac-12 guy post the blog thread.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I just stickied the thread.

4. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Thanks for taking care of the PAC-12, 'Dub.

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

No problem, will be posting a team preview sometime tonight I hope.

6. Big D

Big D Walk On

Archie Griffin what do you think should be the reward for the winner of the gambling game? I extra 4* recruit? A custom scheduling change of their choice? Other ideas?

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think we ought to give them Halle Berry in her Catwoman suit.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. bdub

bdub Walk On

Really going to have to work on my betting skills now!

9. Big D

Big D Walk On

Archie Griffin is there any prize we could give the winner besides tight leather? lol. I want to create a description thread but I want to know this prize first.

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Here are some options:
    1. A +1 on their roster number, meaning they can recruit one extra guy and cut a guy, which is something no one else will be able to do.
    2. A home game against the user of their choice in the following season.
    3. Make a guy "Mr. Untouchable" in the next season, meaning no other users can recruit him. This would have to be outside the top ten, and declared before the preseason ends.
    I want the reward to be decent, but certainly not a game changer. Any of these would probably be OK, but I'd want to check with the guys first. If they like one, maybe we'll do that.

Like any of these?

11. Big D

Big D Walk On

I really like #3. Maybe we should see what everybody else thinks?

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Maybe we could use #3 for your thing, and make #1 a reward for conference thread activity.

13. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Still need that Big Ten thread. Who's gonna post it for me?

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Once we get an updated roster, and I know what my team will look like, I'll be posting a preview that outlines coach Griffin's new hardline stance against improper benefits. It'll be a doozy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I'm looking forward to this. "Any new tattoos better wash away after a few weeks."

16. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

It doesn't look good for the Big Ten this year. Looks like the award will be a southern or west coast thing. We can't even get our thread up.

17. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Just saw this now... I'll do it... What are you looking for out of it?

18. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Just the title. The rest comes from all of us. I just like these threads to show anyone looking in from the outside that we're all involved, so I ask that they all be from different members. A blank thread with the title "Big Ten Blog" is all I need.