Content Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Crumbler81, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

Jul 5, 2012
    Hey fellow VFL members, I've been charged with starting up and maintaining a list of tips and tricks to help all of us make awesome and creative content for the league. I certainly don't consider myself the most creative person in the world, so feel free to post your own tips and ideas and I will keep the list updated. Also, I'm pretty new to TSO, so I'm open any and all critiques to help me maintain this thread.

First and foremost, Flyinhi2005 posted a link from Operation Sports that has some awesome tools for league content. I may even decide to change some of my content using those tools.
    Here is the link:

Team Page Tips:
    • Feel free to check my Carolina Panthers team page for a decent design, and also I'm sure we have a bunch of other VFL members with awesome team pages I just haven't checked out all of them.
    • All team pages have been provided with their own team picture/icon, but you can also pull a different team icon from the Internet to add. Just download and save the picture, then you can upload it here
    • Using Microsoft Word, Excel, or similar programs you can create some nice designs for your team pages.
    Ideas for Team Content:
    • Headers with current season, record and position in standings, coach name and career record, current week game and previous week result, and championships.
    • Team schedule
    • Standings and Playoff Picture
    • Team and Player Stats
      • Team stats can be pulled from game recaps or coach career stats sections on the CCM website or accessible from your console
      • Player stats can also be pulled from the CCM website, but can be a little cumbersome
    • Awards and Stat Leaders
    • Depth Chart
    • Injuries and Trade Block
    • Re-signings, Trades, Free Agent acquisitions or losses, Drafted rookies
    Screen Capture Programs:
    Team Logo Resources:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Sep 29, 2010

This is a great LOGO source for NFL and NCAA banners and logos. It's created by TSO's very own - TEClemson53
    • Like Like x 4