Content

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bradkaz96, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

All the waiting around we all did and now this thing is dead??? A couple losses for everyone and nobody wants to play anymore.

Im extremely dissapointed to say the least

2. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Im still here. Out of town right now but ready to roll once I return.

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I'm switching the aim of this post to be more positive. I know many people in this league are new to the game and are more apt to play NCAA or Madden but TBL will be an equal time committment. Keeping with the pace is not much to ask unless you have a lot of things going on.

Let's brainstorm some things to bring to this league to make it more conducive for immersion. The Show is my favorite game and I play it more than NCAA football so I know how fun it can be.

4. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I posted something similar to this last week but deleted it. This league is moving really slow. I only had one game even open for about 4 days. Now I haven't been on for 3 or 4 nights and there probably still is only one game available.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Just to clarify, the advance schedule can be explained as simple as this...

Every other day 1 game will open up.
    *The amount of games, and the amount of weeks we initially set to complete results in 1 game opening every other day. You can use this knowledge to schedule ahead with your opponents.

6. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Yeah. I understand. It just feels really sluggish. Then sometimes you can end up playing another team having played only three games and you can be on game seven or eight. A few teams after almost two weeks haven't even played the AI games that are open.

I like the league, I just want to play more often that's all.

7. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

I apologize for not being around much. I posted in the vacation thread that I would not be around much at all until after this thursday when my family leaves as they are here from out of town. It just so happens that scikotic is also away this week so guys just keep playing and things should pick up starting next week when we are both back

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I was also out this weekend from Friday to now...

9. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

As was I. We're all fired.

10. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

I'm sorry I spent a weekend in an area where it was considered overdressing for women to be in a bra and shorts. Can someone please forgive me?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Emmdotfrisk

Been there, love it ;)

12. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Where did you roll?

13. Papa Perry

Talladega for NASCAR. Down here it's like spring break for 3-4 days.

14. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Damn...I know you live down south right? Everyone tells me I need to roll to Lake of the Ozarks...That's supposed to be a party.

15. Papa Perry

Yea lol. I live in Bama. Never been to the Lake of the Ozarks but I enjoy good parties.

16. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Hey everyone,

I know you guys are looking for a more advanced pace and I apologize if its not up to your liking, but this will force us to see who really is in it for the long haul. We admit our mistake with the slower pace, but there is not much we can do about it at this time. We will not relaunch, rather stick to the pace we decided and end this season in June. For those who are truly interested in TBL, the reward will be a much more advanced pace season 2, to shoot for a end date before the launch of Madden at the end of August. Likely 5-6 games a week.

In the meantime, we also are now opening up AI games for anyone who doesn't want to play the CPU. If you don't want to play the CPU and you find a suitable replacement within the league to take over the team you play (just for that game obviously) we can move you around to fit your requests. I know Brad doesn't want to continue to play the Royals as AI, so if anyone wants to play him as the Royals, let him know.

Noles and myself are open to subbing for AI controlled teams. Pepper won't be this week due to family in town, but he may in the future. This goes for anyone. You can sub for an AI if the person playing the AI requests it. This should help keep everyone's activity up a little more to get games in.

@Jam.
    @Bradkaz96
    @Emmdotfrisk
    @Steweey
    @BigSmooth33
    @Pacalon
    @Bl0ndeRedHead
    @CHUNKNESS
    @xx Vols xx
    @RadarRider
    @MoonBBad
    @Papa Perry
    @OhDaesu19
    @Riptides
    @Merenguito
    @The Parrothead
    @areedr811
    @Hulk_hagen_55
    @KnightNoles
    @PepperNY

17. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Why would you not want to play the AI? We play a ton of user games already, mixing in an AI game here and there seems ok. Plus its a lot easier to schedule.

There is of course the part where the AI teams seem to "Rake" the user pitching every now and then. If it's a matter of losing too often to the AI can't we tweak the AI hitting in the sliders or something.

Just a thought, but that is why I asked what the reason for not wanting to play the AI is? Is it something else?

18. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Playing the AI is preference. if you want to play the AI, by all means go for it. Everyone has their preference. You don't need to request a human to play.

The AI request is just because some people prefer to play a live person instead. I think it's more enjoyable.

19. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Hmm.. It seems like it would be more enjoyable to play a human than AI if people actually talked on mics, but nobody seems to use one so its almost like playing the AI when you play a human. Except for the fact you can strike out another human almost 20 time a game compared to the 5 times you strike out the AI.

To each his own I guess.

20. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Pretty much.

I'm willing to play for an AI as long as I have the time. So it's not like anyone will be catching a break.

21. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

I don't mind playing the AI once in awhile but here in the depleted AL more than half of my 30 games are against the CPU. If I wanted to play the CPU id just start an offline franchise and move at my own pace. I signed up for this league to play other users.

The NL may still be stacked but go ahead and look at the AL teams schedules...

22. Emmdotfrisk

I can fill in for every team you play Brad, I am always down to play ;)

23. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

As can I. If it's going to keep you happy.

24. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

I'm down with using the Orioles every time you play them.