Continue NCAA 11 Dynasty?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Roggie, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Just curious if anyone would like to continue the NCAA 11 dynasty while we wait for a patch. Logan has the dynasty saved at bowl week, and would be the one to start it up. (I never saved as commish, due to not wanting the skip to week 15 and dynasty ends glitch).

2. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Personally, I really don't care either way. NCAA 12 has sucked the "I want to play football" mood right out of me. But if everyone else wants to play, we'll do it.

3. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Okay. I'm making a ruling now. If the patch isn't out by the 3rd Tuesday in August, we start anyways.

4. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    August 14th. Deadline day.

5. footballfan952

footballfan952 Walk On

14th? Why not 16th?

6. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Because I picked the 14th. Lol.

7. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

8. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Yep. Odds are we'll get it the last week of August. I want to get this thing going, and the patch will fix stuff as long as you're in the first season, by what I've heard.

9. Mcwoods06

Mcwoods06 Walk On

I agree with whatever you decided Im just ready for some football. I like the momentum we had a couple weeks ago. I ready to resume to the hype and play ball.

10. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    The patch will put the hype back in. All the issues just killed it for a bunch of us.

11. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

You guys still haven't started yet?

geez

12. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Nope. We're lame like that. We took a month and a half to start last year too.

13. Iron Mickey

Crank it up

14. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

We feel its better to wait and enjoy the game when it plays properly than partake in the ridiculous bug fest that it is right now.

15. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Just what he said. For a lot of us, we want the closest thing to realism. Having slow QBs run all the time and fast QBs throwing into coverage instead of running makes me stare at my TV. When Steven Garcia tries to run on 40% of the plays, something is VERY wrong.

16. Iron Mickey

Funny...I haven't been affected by no bugs.

17. Iron Mickey

Havent seen none of that man.....that shit is waaaayyy overblown. jca312

How many seasons you think you will get in at this rate? Two? Is it even worth it then?

18. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

I had an offline dynasty where Case Keenum had over 900 rushing yards and his career total is like 850 lol. And I believe we will get the same amount of seasons as we did last year, between 6-8.

19. Iron Mickey

Bad luck for you then.

20. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    It's not overblown when I sat there and watched it happen. Literally. He ran on 38% of the plays. I did the math after the game.

And last season, we started a good month or two late and got in 7 seasons.

21. Iron Mickey

That's good. Do you have a full 12?

22. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

This post has all the reasons as to why we are not starting this dynasty until the patch. I think we have reasonable cause for not wanting to begin:

There are so many glitches/bugs in this game its getting freaking ridiculous. Off the top of my head, I can name some that will have a negative effect on the integrity of the league.

- OD commissioners can't edit every player in the dynasty except his own, which literally makes no f***ing sense.
    - OD name filtering, causing tons of players to have XXXX as their first or last name
    - Super Human linebacker, Psychic DBs are running wild in games.
    - OD commissioners' players suffer injuries and they last as they should, while everyone else's injuries seem to disappear after advancement.
    - The game freezes up nonstop for a lot of people with named roster files.
    - There's a new glitch found that player tendencies are being changed and named players play worse than the default roster's players. Its hard to explain, here's the source to read up on it. Its awful.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/496010-possible-roster-glitch.html

And I'm sure there are a bunch of other stupid things I'm forgetting to mention. I mean we'll probably start the dynasty in the next week or two just out of boredom, but these and other issues are really hampering my motivation to play.

23. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    By my knowledge we're at 10. Two guys messaged me saying they don't like the game and aren't going to be in. I'll be looking to add a couple in a week or so. Don't need someone to join and say I HAVE TO WAIT and get all pissed off.

24. Iron Mickey

I see no reason why the commish would need to edit other teams rosters....

Out of the other things you have mentioned my league has only been affected by the injury glitch which is no big deal...no one has had injuries and it will be patched here soon.

Funny how some of this stuff is overblown.

25. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    We actually had a plan where I use a RNG to pick out 10 numbers or so for CPU teams, and boost up a 2 or 3 star 7 or 8 overall to imitate the sleepers. Sure, 10 is a tiny number, but it'll actually give a computer team that solid player to build around. I'd also like to get rid of the 205 pound 5 star DE recruits, as an example. Fix their weight/height. It's better this year, but still off. DTs need to put on weight as well.

But I've actually ran into every issue multiple times besides the freezing. I think out of the 10 teams we have picked out so far, 6 or 7 have the name X'd out issue on at least one player.

The named player glitch is horrific. Just a fact. There's no way to get around that one at all, and it just destroys gameplay. 2/3rds of the players on the field are playing with the wrong tendency, and since it has an effect this year, it just kills a lot of the game.