Controller Settings - READ AND RESPOND

Discussion in 'TSL: Tradition Soccer League' started by Frenchie1916, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

After watching a number of live streams, and reviewing a number of matches after the fact, there is some concern that not everybody is checking the status of their controller settings before each and every match. We understand that not everybody is the sole user of their console and that not everybody uses the same controller settings for every type of game they play (Online Seasons, FUT, Clubs, Career). It is vital that we ensure this league has a level playing field, and to do so, each manager starts with a minimum of the following settings:

Auto Switching: User Preference
    Auto Switching Move Assistance: User Preference
    Passing Power Assistance: Off (required)
    Pass Assistance: Semi
    Through Pass Assistance: Manual
    Shot Assistance: Semi
    Cross Assistance: Semi
    Lob Pass Assistance: Manual
    Save Assistance: (n/a for TFS play)
    Analog Sprint: User Preference
    Defense: Tactical Defending (required)

If you choose to go further in some of your settings (i.e Manual Pass Assistance, Shot Assistance and/or Cross Assistance), that is allowed, but you may NOT play Assisted in any category. There have been some suspiciously high rates of passing completion and some abnormally acrobatic tic-tac-toe passing combination in tight spaces with multiple defenders in close proximity.

While these are not in and of themselves evidence of wrongdoing, we hope to stave off any problems by requiring that everybody in the league and on the wait list acknowledge that they have read, understand and agree to abide by these rules.

Please acknowledge below that you have read this thread and you will double check your controller settings prior to each league and Coppa match you play. Accidentally forgetting will not be an excuse going forward, and suspected scofflaws will be subject to receiving red cards, the accumulation of which will lead to being banned from the league.

BESHIKTAS- signed
    Broncos218 - signed
    CxMacx10 - signed
    Friz -signed
    HokieNYC - signed
    IJGator - signed
    RedAL925- signed
    redwings8831 - signed
    rschwep - signed
    shiftee - signed
    vipermansa - signed
    Zikry - signed
    Blaza - signed
    Frenchie1916- signed
    guayo10 - signed
    hedache - signed
    hokie79 - signed
    Kevin Gomez - signed
    KnightNoles
    krtgolfing- signed
    MiaFLSurf - signed
    MoonBBad - signed
    pitt4life21- signed
    UcanHateMeNow - signed
    abolishthefed - signed
    Akshat Singhal - signed
    BigBeansMcGee - signed
    Caleb Clark- signed
    Calhockey10 - signed
    CTfromDC - signed
    John O'Connor - signed
    Lions67 - signed
    Lou - signed
    PhiGuy179 - signed
    Geneseo98
    Spayer419
    elprez98
    flyersphan20
    munichfan40
    Jeffrey Hartle
    jonathann0222
    CoachRuss
    Andanas - signed
    premierplayer
    WingedHelmet

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 1
  2. BESHIKTAS

BESHIKTAS Almighty Black Eagles

Read and signed

3. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Yes read and signed. Caught myself yesterday with the default controls against moon.. Had to restart after like twenty minutes. Realized my passing was too good. Idk why they reset though

4. Caleb Clark

Caleb Clark Walk On

Sounds good

5. pitt4life21

pitt4life21 RTJR!

I agree but what is a high passing %

6. RedAL925

RedAL925 TSL Commissioner

No one knows really. It seems to happen after you switch to a different online game mode (FUT, Seasons, Clubs). This is not a set-it-and-forget-it thing, you must check before each match to ensure you have the correct settings.

7. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Yeap

krtgolfing they often reset on their own I've found, I usually keep the all manual but they usually go to assisted when I go to online friendlies or seasons.

8. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Didn't even think about it till my second goal was a beautiful chip pass but definitely couldn't do that on manual. Checked and was like really wth

• Like Like x 1
  9. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

It's hard to say. If you're in the high 80s it's a flag. But like I said, not a smoking gun. On semi-assisted or manual, against opponents like those in this league that have been playing the game for a while, most passing completion rate tends to hover from the low 70s to the low 80s.

• Like Like x 1
  10. vipermansa

vipermansa Walk On

11. MiaFLSurf

MiaFLSurf Losing in the 90th

12. BESHIKTAS

Last night HokieNYC and I played a game. He scored quick incredible goals, and I was like this can't be our settings.

I had checked my settings right after the kick-off, and they were all assisted, so I changed them to our league settings. After first half I asked Hokie to check on his settings, and sure it was assisted. He wasn't aware of it also.

I believe he had played a clubs game before our friendly game, and system changed his and my settings to assisted.

We just need to make sure to check out settings before the game starts or even maybe after the kick off. I don't know where the glitch starts. Before the kick off or after the kick off?

Whoever kicks off the game should pause and both parties should check on the settings IMO.

13. RedAL925

You can also check right before you hit READY on the pregame screen...it's right there next to Team Management

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. rschwep

rschwep Always Rebuilding

Featured Threads:
    yessir

15. BESHIKTAS

And please, if I ask you to check on your settings before our games. It's not because I have doubts, it's just a friendly reminder. You can do the same with me. I'm 35 years old man :) I may forget things you know :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

No wonder you scored twice against me. Ha.

• Like Like x 1
  17. BESHIKTAS

I know that, but does it take affect for sure? What if it disappears just like instructions do!

We can test it out I guess.

18. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

I always set mine before game and check them at halftime. Has yet to reset for me.

19. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

Read and signed. Any ideas on how we can be sure both teams are set correctly other than using pass %? Not because anyone would be dishonest but it would be ideal if we can eliminate any possibility of doubt.

20. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

Also, if we set it for online friendlies, does it stick if you never play any other mode?

21. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

22. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

Easy solution, go manual as that is the only mode that works right now when you set controls. For semi, no way amigo. No way to know, even if they're set for the start they may magically reset in game for the 2nd half. Not saying there are any dishonest people out there, we're all honest Sepp Blatter's.

23. RedAL925

NO that's the whole point. You have to check EVERY TIME you play

24. shiftee

shiftee Walk On

RedAL925 this made it seem like maybe it sticks if you never switch to a different game mode. That's why I wanted to make sure it's clear for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  25. BigBeansMcGee

BigBeansMcGee Walk On

Read, thanks mate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.