Convo with Claven about 9ers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jan 13, 2011.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Figured you'd guys like to see this convo:

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I am not sure if I am understanding this conversation.

Has Claven already played Dritsch?

3. natedawg212000

sorry. ill clean it up later. i just c/p. yes he played and said that the guy had 9 in the box all game and hot routed all game.

4. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

they played last week, and sadly we've heard this about dritsch all season from many people

5. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

You know, I get so into a game I dont recall much, but I do seem to remember this happening. I just adjusted by Hot routing the TE to block, but I am an above avg passer so I was bale to make the quick reads after the first quarter. It did seem like he brought heat the whole game until I made him pay for it...

6. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

He did the same to me and I actually used West's advise and it helped a lot. I still lost in the end but that was on me. That being said still had 9 in the boxin man press most of the game with heavy pressure.

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

He did it to me as well. I just kept turning the ball over. I was so disgusted with the game (him) that I almost let me son play.

8. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I could've used that advice when I played him haha

So that's 4 board members and 1 former board member that have noted this about dritsch. May be time for him to get a talking too

9. Jeremy

Agreed Dave.

10. natedawg212000

He needs a stern talking too. I dont think that the answer to guys like him is to just hot route and let him keep playing cheeseball.

11. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

depending on how he acts when talkin to i think we may need take a big step in kicking him out

12. Jeremy

I mentioned this to some earlier but I played a scrimmage against JetsJerseyTank and it was by far the cheesiest game I can remember ever playing against an OMFL member. Granted it was a scrimmage but it was really bad.

He blitzed 75% of all the snaps. And i am not talking about single LB blitzes, i am talking about bring the house, with your FS playing almost on the LOS blitzes. The he would call an inside run with Reggie Bush and almost always try to break it outside. Once with Pierre Thomas he took a draw and stood in backfield for 2 seconds then burst outside.

When I mentioned it he told me he blitzed only on 3rd down. Complete total 100% BS. Just distrubs me that in a friendly scrimmage he would pull out all the stops and make the game just not fun.

He also ran lots of plays out of one formation-Strong Close. Even ran them back to back to back out of same formation.

Something to watch for I guess.

As for the Dritsch situation, I suggest a good long talking to.

13. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

I am working with Jersey, he is real coachable. As far as Dritsch, I can talk to him but would rather not. For one we are Division opponents in a playoff race, also he has been here longer and I think it would be more effective coming form someone else, and third... he just sometimes seems cocky lol and it would royally piss me off if he were to blow me off lol.