Cooper Carries Cardinal to win over Utes

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by HotRod, Mar 15, 2012.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Nice alliteration huh (y)

Well this one happened earlier in the season than normal but still a big game for each team nonetheless. Stanford has struggled vs Utah the past couple of games so they were looking for a measure of redemption in this game. Stanford won the toss and decided to kick off. Utah would get a big return and be inside the 40 yard line. On the first play from scrimmage, Maurice Wright would connect with Drew Smith on a play action pass for a 34 yd TD and in 12 seconds the Utes already had a 7 point lead. That took a little air out of the raucous crowd in Palo Alto but they would get it back. Stanford would come out throwing to start the drive. Then as they were creeping toward midfield, Adam Cooper would get his big day started as he took a stretch play and cut his way through the defense to open space and it was off to the races. For good measure he would give a mean stiff arm on his way to the endzone to tie the game at 7. Later in the 1st quarter Utah would add a FG and it was 10-7 Utes going into the 2nd period.

After putting up 3 points of their own, Cooper would get back to work following an interception by Maurice Wright. Cooper took a dive through a big hole thanks to excellent blocking by the O line and FB and 52 yards later was in the endzone for his 2nd TD. A minute and a half later he would get TD number 3 on a 12 yard run. Utah closed out the quarter with a FG and at the half Stanford led 24-14.

The 3rd quarter started out relatively quiet as both defenses were pretty stout. Utah's QB was knocked out for a little while and had to put in their backup Rogers who after the game I discovered was not very good. This did not hinder the Utes as they decided to spread it out and run the ball and it paid off when Reggie Romero would break free for a 45 yard TD to close the Cardinal lead to 4. Stanford would answer with their own TD at the beginning of the 4th quarter on a 4 yard TD run by Bobby May. Romero would once again break a big run this time from 42 yards away. The Utes went for two but were unsuccessful and the Stanford lead stood at 5. Adam Cooper would then strike again when he went 76 yards up the middle to score his 4th TD of the game and Stanford was now up 38-26. This would be the last points of the game and the Stanford TD tightened up and didn't allow the Utes to threaten again.

Cooper was the player of the game as he was able to break big runs at the right times and he finished with a career high 231 yds rushing on just 12 carries.

The Cardinal will welcome the Tennessee Vols into Stanford Stadium next week hoping to continue the strong play.

GG MaxATX34

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Its feeling like a HotRod year.....just a feeling.

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

After the game coach Hellisan would call Hotrod to congratulate him and tell Max to keep his chin up. Good win

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I got no shot at Stanford next week.

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

gg HotRod I couldnt stop the run to save my life! Hopefully I can figure out how to use this QB, and hopefully we will get another shot at Stanford in the CCG

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It just never gets old, hehehehehe

Yeah "Hopefully"... I have a good feeling about the possibility of a rematch, lol

7. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Unlike him, I actually have a user to contend with on my side of the division ;)

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I know... should I get a replacement for fosh? I have been dreading doing it... other option is put you 3 in same divison :)

9. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Honestly doesn't matter, no offense to Fosh but Utah was always repping that side of the division anyway.

10. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

that's a legit "I'm fucked" not staged. I don't do that anymore. I'm still wondering why I get hot rod and max every year.

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Not sure... I will take it into account next yr