Coordinators

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cheez, Sep 3, 2011.

?

Should we Allow Coordinators?

1. Yes

37.5%
  2. No

62.5%
  1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I think most of us know that I have been rather vocal about allowing coordinators. However, with a few new guys in the league I think that it is time to revisit the issue.

In my opinion, it is completely unrealistic to handcuff us into taking only head coaching jobs - in particular when there are so few jobs coming open with interest in us every year. Opening up the ability to take coordinator jobs allows us to move around and fully utilize the coaching carousel feature.

recchem2000
    gowazzucougs
    aarondramp
    Darr27z
    Connor
    EAsportsKiLLer85
    dakota7
    MexiRican35
    sreese
    whygodwhy1111
    mboda

2. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I would like to see what offers are available for us at the end of the year. If its all 1 and 2 star schools again, we may want to revisit Coordinators. I think we should wait before deciding.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I voted yes, but under the condition that you must be fired to take one. You used realism as your main argument against moving teams into BCS conferences, so I ask you to provide one example of a head coach who voluntarily left a head coaching job to take a coordinator job.

• Like Like x 2
  4. sreese

sreese Walk On

Cheez, you know im really torn on this so i going to wait on my vote so i can read other peoples ideas.

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im not gonna vote :)

Maybe I will, but you know what my vote will be

6. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

Cheez

Exactly what I was going to say

7. Darr27z

Darr27z The Scroolest

If this is the stipulation than my vote is yes, if not its still a no.

8. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Cheez
    dakota7

I am going to hold my vote till the end of the season. If coaches who are successful cannot get anything other than coordinator jobs then we may have to open our rule to coordinators. I currently see this as an excuse for Cheez to get out of MTSU and nothing else. We are being judge by our win/loss performance and our recruiting ability, and no offense Cheez you are struggling on W/L performance. As for a real life example I have one Nick Holt. Holt was an assistant coach at Southern Cal, he was hired as the head coach of Idaho after one season he went back to coach at USC. I view him as a quitter because he probably realized that he couldn't turn the program and bolted back to SC. He is now the DC at University of Washington. Now I may be a little bias because I graduated from UI and WSU, but when they show him on TV I basically scream that he is a quitter. So basically Cheez you are stuck at MTSU unless you are fired.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I say suck it up and play :) Im drinking again so watch if I get on the xbox late night...6 restarts is nothing!

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I voted NO but this idea im ok with.