Coors Light: Cold Hard Facts

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by sawemoff, Oct 26, 2012.

1. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Trey Wingo: Welcome everybody to NFL Live's edition of Coors Light: Cold Hard Facts. Today we have with us Marcellus Wiley and Mark Schlereth. Thanks guys and welcome to the show. As the TMFL churns away in Season 2 we always like to talk about the future and mainly who has a playoff ready team already. For Cold Hard Fact #1, which Division Winner will LEAST likely make it back to the playoffs this season? And if you want to recall that the Dolphins, Ravens, Chiefs, Titans, Giants, Falcons, Niners and Lions all won their respective division. Mark?
    Mark Schlereth: I'm going with Baltimore to have a massive Super Bowl loss hangover. A bold pick, given that bawvu97 and his Ravens were in the Super Bowl, but I think that Shaun Mason 's Browns will manage to steal one from them, and that PAgamer07 's Steelers and Timpegoose 's Bengals make the AFC North one of the toughest divisions in football.
    Marcellus Wiley: Looking at the NFC West you have a team in the 49ers and Rams competing for that one playoff spot. The NFC is very competitive and to get to the playoffs in the West you have to win the division so sorry JohnnyClutch but I think your team is least likely to make the playoffs. And for the other NFC leaders they should have no problem either winning their division or making he playoffs.
    Trey: A lot of success comes from scouting and drafting well and here we have a situation where the Browns snatched up a great QB, but will it be enough for Coach Mason to rally his troops and win six games? Marcellus?
    Marcellus: This team already has the components on defense to be a very good team but lack a couple of pieces on offense. Mainly it is at the OL and QB position where one can't block and the other can't throw. Coach Mason went out and got the future franchise QB but until that OL steps up I don't see them winning six games this season.
    Mark: I think he can. That's not a high threshold at all. All of it will depend on Stacey Knight's health. He stays healthy and I think the Browns get to six wins. However, I will say that Coach Shaun Mason didn't address what I thought were his two biggest needs: Guard and Free Safety. He had a great draft, to be sure, but if those two positions dog him this year, I might have to eat this prediction.
    Trey: Now talking about the lowly Brownies and high draft picks lets mention the teams that could possible have the biggest bounce back after a devastating season.
    Mark: In keeping with my AFC North theme, I think the Steelers bounce back from their 7-9 record last year and get to 10 wins and ultimately win a very tough AFC North. I really think PAgamer07 lost a few games (including one to those oh-so-incredible Chiefs) that they were very close to winning. I think the luck flips his way and the Steelers turn it around.
    Marcellus: I definitely have to agree here with Mark. The Steelers started off on fire and wound up fizzing out but there ultimate demise was not to the Chiefs but the Cowboys!!! But to mention another team that could possibly bounce back is Coach Keller 's Buffalo Bills. It was their division to lose last year and they did just that. The draft definitely was kind to the Bills so look for them to take the AFC East.
    Trey: This next topic is a touchy one, especially for fans like CoachRedd. This week a pole came out saying Tim Tebow of the New Yorks Jets is the most overrated player in the NFL right now, discuss.
    Marcellus: Wait, who are we talking about? Tim Tebow, the backup/special teamer. I'm sorry I thought we were actually talking about someone who actually plays significant downs in their careers. The real title belongs to Eli Manning, hey Coach I Peench.
    Mark: I don't think he can be because he's just not that highly rated to begin with. Well... by the mentally stable that is. I don't really have a substitute for this title, because I think most players are playing up to their potential here in TMFL.
    Trey: Now this should be fun especially after covering TMFL's first draft! Who out of this draft could possibly be the Offensive and Defensive Rookies of the Year?
    Mark: Defensive rookie of the year is easy: CB Dion Brand out of the Giants. Peench once again shows his clear use of the Draft Guide, a bannable offense if I recall... skill in the draft. I think that the Giants front four will force a lot of QB's into a lot of bad decisions and Dion Brand will be the benefactor of those bad throws. Offensive rookie of the year is a bit tougher: But I'm going to go with TE Bronson Gallon for Kansas City. Baron is a big fan of the tight end and Gallon has already been named the starter for this season. Boss had 4 TD's and 600 yards last season. Bronson could easily double those totals. The obvious choices of Knight and Hendrix are on teams in incredibly tough divisions and that'll limit their potential. Both can be stars down the line but not this year.
    Marcellus: Oh I bet Coach Baron is a fan of the "tight end." *laughs* But on a higher note the Offensively I have to go with Coach LSUTRUTH 's TE Ryne Davis. This 6'7" piece of cheese is going to be a heavy target due to his 89 speed and 82 catching ability. Look for Davis to put God like numbers and piss some people off trying to cover him. Defensively I see Coach capp34 's RE Andrew Kitchens. For this guys size he is extremely fast, 90 speed, and pursues the ball carrier or QB like a mad man, 85 pursuit. He has already registered 4 tackle for losses and 3 sacks in his first game so look for him to be a big time player.
    Trey: As we close this segment lets look at our past Superbowl Champions, The New York Giants. Can and will they repeat as the Superbowl Champs?
    Marcellus: You mean the Stuperbowl Chumps right? As much as I hate the Vagiants their dominance will continue until that DL gets broken up and that may not happen for a few more years. Unfortunately they will probably win it once again.
    Mark: I think if anyone can repeat in this league it's Peench. The guy has perfected cheesing. He is the Da Vinci of cheesing, a true renaissance man of nano-blitzes, Play Action on 3rd and long, you name it, this fucker does it. But in all seriousness, I don't think so. I think Peench does make the playoffs, winning the NFC East, but I think someone finally dethrones him and rids us of his cheddary tyranny.
    Trey: Well folks I hope you enjoyed this edition of Coors Light: Cold Hard Facts! Look for us to be back later on the season!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Gotta put in a plug for DROY for my boy Keorris Johnson. Just unlocked his big hitter trait after week 1 (along with Jester Collins big hitter trait I might add,) so I have high hopes for him. He got his hands on 2 interceptions in week 1 but couldn't hold on.... if he pulls in a few of those, creates some fumbles and stays healthy all year he's got as good of a chance as any to put up some big boy numbers.

Great content Saw.

3. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Love the content sawemoff. No offense but I had to instapaper this because the font colors were making my eyes bleed.

4. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Yea I was trying to differentiate each topic with different colors and used the Coors Light red and blue so my apologies. I really couldn't have done this without the help of Baron!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I tell people this all the time...if you change colors too much, you can't read this stuff on ForumRunner/Tapatalk.

We chose the colors here on purpose, I would suggest not using large blocks of different color text, many of them are hard to read on this background. I typically use bold, italics, etc. to differentiate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CoachRedd

CoachRedd I come through in something real foolish

7. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Nice job Saw and Frank!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  8. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Baron sawemoff
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2